Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,976 posts in this topic

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ErinK said:

I have contacted  EVERYONE I could think of. We even wrote to the president. DoS doesn't listen to anyone. If life of a U.S citizen minor being in danger is not grounds  for expedited processing what is?!! I think the expedited processing option is just for show and a formality 

Has anyone in this group filed a writ of mandamus for a J1 waiver case at the DOS? And did you do it on your own or hire a lawyer? 

2 hours ago, Hardship_waiver said:

Thank you for understanding. It really helps. 

A) Those with USC child (medical hardship) are having worst-ever times. They cannot stay here after their status as their overstay cannot be forgiven. A child has his whole life ahead and any negative consequences can ruin his/her whole life. Should we take risk of their life by going back or stay here risking our future status?  Being a parent, I can sacrifice myself for my child.

B) If you read 1 case a week, a person can finish 40 cases a year. I hope they have enough employees. 

C) I have contacted senator, congressperson but of no advantage. Who else we can try contacting?

I have also contacted senator. But there are no positive response. What I can do now is reaching out to WRD directly by myself.

5 hours ago, PeterW said:

I have also contacted senator. But there are no positive response. What I can do now is reaching out to WRD directly by myself.

I have done both. Two separate congress people reached out on my behalf and I reached out myself too. No luck. They said all decisions are final so once they say no once there is no point of reaching out again I guess :( 

9 minutes ago, ErinK said:

I have done both. Two separate congress people reached out on my behalf and I reached out myself too. No luck. They said all decisions are final so once they say no once there is no point of reaching out again I guess :( 

Yes, it seems all the actions are useless. But that is all we can do. Currently I have been in the edge of giving up the immigration to the US due to the J waiver. Maybe pursuing PR in Australia or Canada is an alternative and better option. 

On 12/6/2022 at 10:44 AM, Hardship_waiver said:

That's a two month delay. Many of our members here have five months delay in initial uploading and also five months delay in uploading I-612/I-613. 

In my case, Dos acknowledged the receipt of I-613/I-612 after 11 months from the date that it was transferred from the USCIS. ( transferred on Nov, 2021 and uploaded to DOS website on  October, 2022). 

Edited by Waiver 2021

Hello everyone, my case has finally got a favorable recommendation from DOS after one email inquiry and one congressional inquiry. My case had spent with USCIS at least a year due to Covid before forwarded to DOS on March 2021. 
You might have noticed no objection is the first route that I chose, but I got a not favorable recommendation after waiting for decision for two years (2017-2019). I didn’t send any inquiry because my lawyer never suggested it nor knowing that I can do that back then. This journeys cost me time, money, and especially my mental health. I’m not a full bright student, I’m an exchange student but my program was sponsored by DOS. I hope my experience can help you. Good luck 😊

83694E13-ACDC-4297-BD86-B87692013AE7.jpeg

2 hours ago, Waiver 2021 said:

In my case, Dos acknowledged the receipt of I-613/I-612 after 11 months from the date that it was transferred from the USCIS. ( transferred on Nov, 2021 and uploaded to DOS website on  October, 2022). 

That's insane! Did they say what happened? Is this 11 months going to count towards your total processing time?

13 minutes ago, ErinK said:

That's insane! Did they say what happened? Is this 11 months going to count towards your total processing time?

No, they did not. However, I was told that my case should be processed in the next 52 weeks (1 year), starting from October, 2022. Sadly,  It seems that you have to wait on average two years or more to waive the required two years. 

Edited by Waiver 2021

4 hours ago, COPK said:

Hello everyone, my case has finally got a favorable recommendation from DOS after one email inquiry and one congressional inquiry. My case had spent with USCIS at least a year due to Covid before forwarded to DOS on March 2021. 
You might have noticed no objection is the first route that I chose, but I got a not favorable recommendation after waiting for decision for two years (2017-2019). I didn’t send any inquiry because my lawyer never suggested it nor knowing that I can do that back then. This journeys cost me time, money, and especially my mental health. I’m not a full bright student, I’m an exchange student but my program was sponsored by DOS. I hope my experience can help you. Good luck 😊

Congratulations. Thats a long wait.

8 hours ago, COPK said:

Great news. Congratulations. I am unsure how productive will we be left after this mental trauma of yearssss. 

16 hours ago, COPK said:

Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulation! Hope you everything goes well.

16 hours ago, COPK said:

Congrats! 5 years in the process! I can only imagine what you went through! Good luck with the rest of your journey.

On 12/6/2022 at 6:53 PM, ErinK said:

@ErinK what is your timeline? Did you have government funding?

17 hours ago, COPK said:

Congratulations! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.