Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,996 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, nmanc33 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have read through every post since page 40 and have a few questions.

Me and my US citizen spouse originally filed a NOS and got denied, even with the NOS provided, the funding led to the denial (Gov funding from the ECA... J-1 Visa as a government visitor; short term scholar).

Someone mentioned in the comments that when a NOS gets denied and sponsor views were requested, do they not ask for sponsor views for a hardship waiver when it's filed after? Is this true?

Hi @nmanc33

I am in an in exact same situation as you. Denied NOS and pending hardship. Lets keep each other posted on this. I am not sure if a new Sponsor View request will be sent out.

7 hours ago, nmanc33 said:

Hi Everyone,

I have read through every post since page 40 and have a few questions.

Me and my US citizen spouse originally filed a NOS and got denied, even with the NOS provided, the funding led to the denial (Gov funding from the ECA... J-1 Visa as a government visitor; short term scholar).

Someone mentioned in the comments that when a NOS gets denied and sponsor views were requested, do they not ask for sponsor views for a hardship waiver when it's filed after? Is this true?

I am sorry you are going through this, but this is honestly an expected denial given that you received gov funding. I would not have filed for a NO waiver if I were you, I would have chosen the hardship route from the beginning.

As for the sponsor views, no one knows for sure. Since the basis of the waiver request is different, they will probably weigh the hardship against program and policy considerations and decide again. 

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
16 minutes ago, extreme_hardship said:

@Sabina Bart how do you know this? Thanks

Well connections change a lot in our modern world, I don’t know that’s for sure, just throwing my own opinion. I might be wrong :) Maybe they did expedite, ask the person who posted the timeline. :) 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Wyboxcx said:

I doubt that having any connections will influence this process whatsoever. If they had connections their case would not have taken a year. No one knows how the DOS Waiver Review Division operates, it's like a blackbox.  

Who knows how they operate… but maybe they will process all 2022 cases this year! I am very hopeful! I wonder how many of us are still waiting? Like 5-6 people from this forum? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, nmanc33 said:

Thanks for your response, Sabina! Do you know if it's because they already have it on file or they just don't care about it now when it comes to hardship?

The NOS denial was detrimental to our family so I'm trying to figure out if they automatically deny the hardship too based off the same sponsor views or they will actually look at the case for hardship..

Honestly I just reviewed some cases from the FB page we have and it seems that those people who got denied their NOS were later hopefully it is the same for you-they get approved. I haven’t seen in their timeline sponsor views, so I hope your case will be reviewed asap. When did you file hardship? Apologies if it was already mentioned earlier. 

45 minutes ago, Sabina Bart said:

Who knows how they operate… but maybe they will process all 2022 cases this year! I am very hopeful! I wonder how many of us are still waiting? Like 5-6 people from this forum? 

Hi all, Could you guys please write down the specific month of 2022 on which your case started the deliberation process ? So we have an idea about how many months are completed processing this year and how many left. Mine pending since Sep, 2022. Thank you. 

Edited by Waiver 2021

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, Wyboxcx said:

Has anyone successfully filed for AOS with a pending DOS hardship waiver? 

Someone mentioned that his application was rejected by USCIS  on another platform 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mickey344 said:

Someone mentioned that his application was rejected by USCIS  on another platform 

I think they can inquire about the administrative processing and put the case on hold until DOS makes their decision. There is also RFE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.