Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,976 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
23 minutes ago, extreme_hardship said:

not mine, but a recent favorable. Took 20 months

image.thumb.png.b43d4d19920ed910ef07abca84f07229.png

Jeez! Where do you get those? Are you the one who created that other web site and can check other people’s case statuses, because majority of us added the numbers… and then all of a sudden that web site was closed.. suspicious! 

8 hours ago, Sabina Bart said:

Jeez! Where do you get those? Are you the one who created that other web site and can check other people’s case statuses, because majority of us added the numbers… and then all of a sudden that web site was closed.. suspicious! 

If you go back to page 23 and 24 of this thread you will find a bunch of case numbers you can track on DOS website… it’s all anonymous so it doesn’t really matter.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Magnet said:

If you go back to page 23 and 24 of this thread you will find a bunch of case numbers you can track on DOS website… it’s all anonymous so it doesn’t really matter.

Oh okay then I apologize, I thought someone is using the data made me feel suspicious. 

well has anyone tried to reach them through the Senator? I know someone who did it by stating 12 months have gone by and they actually started working in her case. I would do that if you have been waiting for a year at least. 

1 minute ago, Sabina Bart said:

Oh okay then I apologize, I thought someone is using the data made me feel suspicious. 

well has anyone tried to reach them through the Senator? I know someone who did it by stating 12 months have gone by and they actually started working in her case. I would do that if you have been waiting for a year at least. 

Doesn’t work. Tried it through two different senators. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Motheus said:

Hey guys happy to share that my hardship waiver application was approved as of 8.10.2023!!! I am so happy and relieved after such a long wait.

I did file a writ of Mandamus in June, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Best of luck to everyone out there! 

Hardship Waiver.PNG

10 minutes ago, Motheus said:

Hey guys happy to share that my hardship waiver application was approved as of 8.10.2023!!! I am so happy and relieved after such a long wait.

I did file a writ of Mandamus in June, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. Best of luck to everyone out there! 

Hardship Waiver.PNG

Congratulations yay! Great news!! So no Gov funding correct? Probably Mandamus really pushed them to make a decision… wow! 
what was the basis of your hardship? 

5 hours ago, Saysono said:

Doesn’t work. Tried it through two different senators. 

What about Mandamus? It seems like already two people did it, it is unbelievable that we have to push them this way! 

Timeline

Hey guys, how many people are still waiting from last year, let's see how many of us left from 2022. My docs were received in Jan 2023, so I doubt I should expect anything to be honest until probably January of next year. But it would be helpful to know whats everyone’s timeline is like. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Freidrichm said:

I am more disturbed by the fact that filing a write of mandamus has become the only way to make them decide on hardship cases .

I was thinking the same lately. Well can a group of people file for mandamus? I wonder if that's feasible? I mean at least for those who waited for over like 12 months. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Motheus said:

Hardship Waiver.PNG

And probably it does I just looked up it takes 30-60 days for Mandamus. 

17 hours ago, Sabina Bart said:

That was me. By "majority of us" you mean the 15-20 people who added numbers externally? And even some of those came from reddit. The website had over 600 cases the day I took it down, all of which was found automatically. 

Every case in DoS is practically public. There's nothing valuable about your or any body else's case number. I took the website down because when the admin blocked and deleted my comments here nobody stood up for it expect one person. 

Edited by g3dan00

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.