Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,976 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, J1 hardshipwaiver said:

Looks like that person doesn't have their complete application. They are missing their passport data page. Maybe that's why their case is not being processed yet. 

Actually. Mine looks similar to this. And I spoke to my lawyer about the missing passport page and he said that it doesn’t show up the same for everyone. 

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline

So this new web site whoever created has not been working for days now, does anyone know what's going on? Thank you 

7 hours ago, Saysono said:

Actually. Mine looks similar to this. And I spoke to my lawyer about the missing passport page and he said that it doesn’t show up the same for everyone. 

Mine has a passport page hmm.. 

On 5/31/2023 at 10:34 PM, g3dan00 said:

Not mine

image.thumb.png.18aa8a82f16dc53db603120359e57ae3.png

If you guys see this one though. Even this doesn’t have the passport data page listed. According to my lawyer, it’s normal for dos to not put the same fields for everyone. I confirmed with him on multiple occasions considering my application also doesn’t have that field listed. 

On 5/26/2023 at 1:33 AM, Hardship-waiver said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d71776f3a8332aaf4b80735a1254082b.jpegimage.jpeg.d27ef689714aed8ae7f630883e3eaf1b.jpegimage.jpeg.11a53b5693b98800f81277f6b568d63c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.136eb31ae6be094a94ee02ad864a65dd.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.12008294b00ccea555e32cab84059544.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.c324d0277d341c969283bc79d14f242b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.dc487e3ea05297bb624d4daea047eb96.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.12e32d05dacda0143be6b1a8421043be.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.1beb95d37bd6f10b84a6473342eec646.jpegimage.jpeg.4f08b12f23572eba172ea06eca4de199.jpegplease note: This is just a guess and no solid facts or information.

For those with gov funding:

I collected these cases from this thread and from the facebook group. I think there are two different offices or different officers who handle hardship cases. One for cases with gov funding and one for those who have no gov funding.

First, they take 4 months and up to 8 months to post i612/i613 on the portal for gov funding cases.

second, if you look at the time of requesting sponsor views, it’s usually a month after the one year mark of posting i612/i613. Then sponsor views could take a month to three maximum and a recommendation is issued within a month.

Again, this is just a guess of the pattern based on these cases and could be right or wrong. I’m  not sure about any of this.

As for  those who have no gov funding. I didn’t really look closely at past cases, but seems to be taking a month to 4 after the one year mark of i612/i613.

Even in these, not all of them have the passport data page listed. 

9 hours ago, Saysono said:

Even in these, not all of them have the passport data page listed. 

Passport data page missing doesn't mean application is incomplete. If there is something missing DOS sends incomplete information letter to applicants which also shows up in the portal. So, its more like delays on DOS side. 

Filed: Other Country: Angola
Timeline
13 hours ago, Hardship2022 said:

Hey Guys I got my J1 Hardship Waiver. I was US Government sponsored and self filed. 

Screenshot_20230614-172915_Chrome.jpg

That’s amazing! Congratulations!! What was the basis of your waiver, US Spouse? Did you try to expedite by any chance? 

Hello guys, I have a question regarding the timeline. My lawyer submitted all the documents at the same time to both USCIS and DOS. USCIS sent receipt notice in October 2022, but DOS says they got their stuff in Feb 2023. It's still pending in USCIS so obviously there is no I-612 yet.

My question is, I see that DOS shows in all cases as if they have received the I-612 like at the same day, or a few days later, maybe a few months. Is this what they always do? Like if my case hopefully gets forwarded to DOS in the next few months, will it be listed around the same date when they got my other stuff? I'm confused .

Thank you all!

6 hours ago, Sabina Bart said:

That’s amazing! Congratulations!! What was the basis of your waiver, US Spouse? Did you try to expedite by any chance? 

I didn't try to expedite. Because I know that expedition is not really going to work unless you have a really serious humanitarian reason for expedition. I filed my cased based on my US born child. I wasn't married to US citizen when I filed. The case was solely based on my child.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.