Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,996 posts in this topic

On 1/15/2023 at 10:26 AM, surefire6 said:

Same here with DOS since Sep 2021 and still waiting

Yup, my life has been pending since I filed my waiver application to the USCIS case exactly two years ago. Apparently, it takes more more than two years after all said and done. It has tested every bit of my patience and will. However,  I am still staying hopeful. 

Edited by Waiver 2021

Timeline
15 hours ago, Waiver 2021 said:

Yup, my life has been pending since I filed my waiver application to the USCIS case exactly two years ago. Apparently, it takes more more than two years after all said and done. It has tested every bit of my patience and will. However,  I am still staying hopeful. 

Which country are you from (if you don't mind my asking)? We applied at the USCIS September 2020, now have been 17 months at DOS.

1 hour ago, Waiver 2021 said:

I can tell you that I am from Middle East. I don't know if the the country of origin make a difference in this situation. I could be wrong..

I’m from Middle East too. I doubt country makes a difference. Perhaps time remaining until out of status?

Who knows. Stay hopeful, I feel everyone here will get it. We waited so long. 

Hi All. I wish the best for your families and especially with your cases, which surely has an impact on your beloved ones.

I got a FR from DOS on April 28th, 2022 (8+ months ago) but I’m still waiting for the final letter from USCIS (stating "Case Approved" instead of "Case on Hold"). I submitted an inquiry back in September 2022 and their answer was quite generic, simply stating that the case was pending adjudication; my lawyer submitted another request on December 6th and the answer was pretty much the same. In December my lawyer also contacted the Ombudsman office but this is the date nothing has happened yet. As you can see in my timeline below, I have spent 29+ months in this entire process, have quit my job, moved back to my country, and continue to wait for this final letter from USCIS. I tried a couple of times last week to connect with a USCIS agent via Emma tool, but the answer was pretty much the same… the case is “within the normal process” and that they couldn’t see any other update to share. I really don’t know what else I can do at this point.

Any suggestions/advice?

image.png.f40d62bc53b7e0f750604455dfb495b9.png

Edited by Hardship612

10 minutes ago, Hardship612 said:

Hi All. I wish the best for your families and especially with your cases, which surely has an impact on your beloved ones.

I got a FR from DOS on April 28th, 2022 (8+ months ago) but I’m still waiting for the final letter from USCIS (stating "Case Approved" instead of "Case on Hold"). I submitted an inquiry back in September 2022 and their answer was quite generic, simply stating that the case was pending adjudication; my lawyer submitted another request on December 6th and the answer was pretty much the same. In December my lawyer also contacted the Ombudsman office but this is the date nothing has happened yet. As you can see in my timeline below, I have spent 29+ months in this entire process, have quit my job, moved back to my country, and continue to wait for this final letter from USCIS. I tried a couple of times last week to connect with a USCIS agent via Emma tool, but the answer was pretty much the same… the case is “within the normal process” and that they couldn’t see any other update to share. I really don’t know what else I can do at this point.

Any suggestions/advice?

As far as I know if it's for I485, you won't even need the final letter. 

32 minutes ago, Hardship612 said:

Any suggestions/advice?

hi, try USCIS  ombudsman 

https://www.dhs.gov/topics/cis-ombudsman

8 minutes ago, g3dan00 said:

Ah, good point. Sorry I don't know how it works outside. Have you consulted with an immigration attorney? 

Yes. I have been working with them since the beginning and the course of action at this point is to wait for the final letter, but I have no idea how much longer we'll  have to wait for a letter that was supposed to arrive two weeks after DOS FR.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.