Hardship waiver

J1 Hardship Waiver 2021-2022 Timeline

1,996 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2022 at 9:03 PM, Freidrichm said:

Yes, they received my case in early May 2022 and since then no updates whatsoever. They misspelled my name so I submitted a request to fix the typographical error and they replied in July that they changed it. Other than that no news. Not even an RFE. I am starting to worry because normally USCIS is relatively quick to forward it to DOS from previous cases, it doesn't take more than 4-5 months. So I don't know what's happening. When did you send yours? did you get an RFE

My case was received march 23rd 2022, RFE requested 10/13/2022, RFE response received 10/28/2022. Case on hold11/14/2022. 

5 hours ago, Freidrichm said:

Yes you case is definitely forwarded to the DOS. Now you can expect to hear from them In a few months. Hopefully you get a favorable recommendation. What did the RFE ask for if you don’t mind sharing?

Few months = 12+ months at least. My case along side few others have been pending at the DOS since last year September and even august. I hope they fix their backlogs. 

12 hours ago, Freidrichm said:

Yes you case is definitely forwarded to the DOS. Now you can expect to hear from them In a few months. Hopefully you get a favorable recommendation. What did the RFE ask for if you don’t mind sharing?

So i basically said my country is not safe for my kids, they asked for my personal experience, which i didn't have. Then i said there will be financial hardship as there are not many jobs for my specialty and they are not will paid. They asked for proof that i tried for job but there wasn't any in my country. I don't know if my case is weak now as i didn't have proof for some of these RFEs.

13 hours ago, Freidrichm said:

Once with DOS, it will take 12-16 months. August/September 21 cases are still pending with DOS. 

1 hour ago, Hanijani said:

So i basically said my country is not safe for my kids, they asked for my personal experience, which i didn't have. Then i said there will be financial hardship as there are not many jobs for my specialty and they are not will paid. They asked for proof that i tried for job but there wasn't any in my country. I don't know if my case is weak now as i didn't have proof for some of these RFEs.

USCIS forwarded it to DOS means USCIS convinced with your hardship case. If you don't have government funding, it's a  matter of time (12-16 months) with DOS. Stay positive. 

1 hour ago, Hanijani said:

Drldaddoq, how did you find your DOS case tracking number?

In hardship cases, you have to submit I-612 to USCIS and DS-3035 to DOS. If you haven't submitted DS-3035 already, do asap as DOS will not process without that. Once you prepare DS-3035 you will get a DOS case number which you can use to track your application status at DOS portal. 

2 hours ago, Hardship_waiver said:

In hardship cases, you have to submit I-612 to USCIS and DS-3035 to DOS. If you haven't submitted DS-3035 already, do asap as DOS will not process without that. Once you prepare DS-3035 you will get a DOS case number which you can use to track your application status at DOS portal. 

Thank you for your reply. I remember my lawyer had prepared DS3035 at the time of submission to USCIS. I dont know where he had sent it(uscis or DOS). But i will ask him about the tracking number.

2 hours ago, DrIdaddoq said:

I never had problems with my tracking number 🙄 

I meant where is the number written, but never mind i asked my lawyer. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.