ya falaha!

It's hump day!

37 posts in this topic

Today is busy for me as Hasan is testing right now to see what level of ESL he will start at and then we are off to the DMV so that he can take the written test in Arabic. All day yesterday he practiced the practice test over and over and over and was doing mush better then I was. :unsure: Then we are going to the bank to add him to my account and then off to visit my God children and so that he can also met the people that i call Grandma and pa.

Well as for the diet thing well he has gained 5 lbs and i have remained the same. Since he is 155 soaking wet I guess he can get away with it. :yes: I sure wish I was losing what he is gaining atleast so we could even out. :lol:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Jul 20, 2006 Arrived in Amman, Jordan

Jul 24, 2006 Married in Amman, Jordan

Oct 11, 2006 I130 Approval Oct. 26, 2006 I129F Approval

Nov. 8, 2006 Recieved letter that I-129 was sent to Amman, Jordan

Dec 13, 2006 Recieved Package from Amman Embassy for K3 Intreview date Aug. 15,2007

Mar 05,2007 Embassy called interview scheduled for March 19th

Mar 19, 2007 Interview for K3- AP

May 20, 2007 Embassy called for Hasan to send in his passport!!!

May 24, 2007 Recieved Interview date of June 5th for CR1?

June 05, 2007 Interviewed and she said he was approved, kept passport and said will recieve in 4 days.

June 12, 2007 VISA IN HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 21, 2007 Hasan arrived in the USA and so very happy!

June 26, 2007 Applied for SSN

July 06, 2007 SSN in hand

July 25, 2007 Green Card in Hand!

Aug 13, 2007 Behind the wheel test, Passed. Now has California DL

I-751

Mar 26, 2009 Sent in I-751

Mar 28, 2009 Proof received

April 1, 2009 check cashed

April 3, 2009 NOA Received

April 16,2009 received bio appt letter

April 24, 2009 Biometrics Appointment

June 6, 2009 Removal of Conditions Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 17, 2009 10 Year Green Card in hand!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night I went to look at the apartment we'll be moving into in Somerville (MA).

What neighborhood? I used to live in Teele Square... I miss it! The Somerville Theater, the library, Sound Bites (if you don't know about Sound Bites send me a PM and I'll tell you where it is; the owner is totally the Breakfast Nazi, he has all these rules lol!)

Today...going to the gym after work. That's my grand plan. It's still HOT here!

I love Sound Bites!!!! One of my friends used to live on Winter Hill and we used to go there allllllll the time.

We're going to be in Davis Square, so really close to Teele. It's going to be such a great change from being in the suburbs (don't people usually want to move OUT of the city?? I want to move back in!!!). I used to live in Coolidge Corner in Brookline so I'm excited to try out another part of Boston.

Last night I went to look at the apartment we'll be moving into in Somerville (MA). It's my mom's house that she bought after law school (a two family house) and my husband and I are going to rent the downstairs and my brother and his girlfriend and maybe a roomate or two will rent the upstairs (because it's a 4 bedroom). The downstairs apartment is a 3 bedroom and it's two stories... it's pretty nice!! The tenants there now haven't taken very good care of the outside of the house (the backyard that used to be very nice and green is all dirt.... the driveway is a two car driveway, but they've made it a three car by parking one in, what used to be, a garden.... etc) so we'll have some work to do. I can't wait to plant some flowers! The only nice one i saw was a red trumpet vine that had winded it's way along the front porch. They've also painted some of the rooms a very obnoxious shade of yellow, so that'll have to be painted over. But I'm really excited!!!!! :dance:

Right now we're living outside of the city and we only have one car at the moment, so it's pretty hard for us to get around, especially because we go in different directions to work and have different schedules. I have to drop him off early at the train and he has to wait for two hours at starbucks before work and i have to wait at night until 11/12 or later sometimes to pick him up. So it will be a breath of fresh air to have the T within walking distance and be able to go out and do stuff... right now all we have is the woods :unsure:

So much stuff to do before the end of August! The summer is going by so fast :crying:

Wow what a great investment your mom made!!! I can't imagine living away from busses/trains, etc. Even though I never use them I still would feel suffocated due to the lack of options!!! I"m on the north shore in a wee little town on the water so it feels like I'm far away from the city but you can see it from the beach and we have a train station and busses and the t is closeby.

Near Ipswitch by any chance?? One of my older brothers and his family moved up there about ten years ago - I love it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
:crying: My sons just came up here to say goodbye to me. They're leaving today for Yemen. It's only 3 weeks but I'm gonna miss them so much. I'm sitting here at my desk in tears. :crying:

Awww. (F)

But now you can have a proper honeymoon! :)

Filed: Timeline

Yeah that's true. You're like the third person who has told me that. :)

:crying: My sons just came up here to say goodbye to me. They're leaving today for Yemen. It's only 3 weeks but I'm gonna miss them so much. I'm sitting here at my desk in tears. :crying:

Awww. (F)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
well.. the plus for me is that the hair lady is there!!!!!! looks like I will get a hair cut for lunch :thumbs:

you know when you tell the hair stylist to only take 2 inches..... :blink:

and they DONT LISTEN :cry:

Mohamed is not gonna like this :unsure:

this is what i get for going from a $90 dollar haircut to a $40 hair cut :cry:

Edited by deemabrouk

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Timeline
Near Ipswitch by any chance?? One of my older brothers and his family moved up there about ten years ago - I love it!

No not that far up. Closer to Marblehead. :)

Awww. (F)

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

I know what you mean though. Although I'm psyched to see my husband AND we'll be able to get down to business, my heart is aching about leaving the kids. It's a lot different being half way around the world apart than having them a few towns over. That separation I can do but this will be just pure torture. They're both sleeping in my bed lately 'cause they wanna soak me all up before I go. :crying:

well.. the plus for me is that the hair lady is there!!!!!! looks like I will get a hair cut for lunch :thumbs:

:blink::blink::blink:

How much did she take off????

Edited by doodlebug

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

No not that far up. Closer to Marblehead. :)

Awww. (F)

:dance::dance::dance::dance:

I know what you mean though. Although I'm psyched to see my husband AND we'll be able to get down to business, my heart is aching about leaving the kids. It's a lot different being half way around the world apart than having them a few towns over. That separation I can do but this will be just pure torture. They're both sleeping in my bed lately 'cause they wanna soak me all up before I go. :crying:

:blink::blink::blink:

How much did she take off????

ALOT!!!!!!!!! :(

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Timeline

:lol::lol::lol:

I just texted my hubby and told him "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse!!!"

and he wrote back

"you eat horses there?????"

:lol:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

LOL

My husband had a nother job interview today. He was more comfortable this time around. I can't wait until he is here 100 days. I am plannning a small celebration. I have been keeping up with all of his events since arrival. I am going to have someone scrapbook it for him and present it to him on that day.

and he wrote back

My husband made horse for dinner one night when we were living in Paris. He got pissy when I told him it tasted like a pork chop.

I've felt bad ever since for eating horse... but it was right after I told him that I was an adventurous eater and would try anything. I should have said "not the cute animals" :(

Timeline

and he wrote back

BAaahahaha... :lol:

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

Any more than this...

Filed: Timeline

I don't eat "cute" animals either. That includes..rabbits, ducks and deer.

and he wrote back

My husband made horse for dinner one night when we were living in Paris. He got pissy when I told him it tasted like a pork chop.

I've felt bad ever since for eating horse... but it was right after I told him that I was an adventurous eater and would try anything. I should have said "not the cute animals" :(

Timeline

I love duck l'orange!!!!!

When I was in Orlando we went to one of Emeril's restaurants and I had the best duck!!!! My youngest daughter kept giving me dirty looks though and my oldest kept tickin' her off by making quacking noises the whole rest of the trip. :innocent:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.