MASH

N-400 December 2021 Filers

331 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/6/2022 at 12:51 PM, JeffandKenny said:

I am finding myself getting extremely anxious and disappointed at the length of this process.  My husband filed December 7, 2021 for his N-400.  The online portal just changed for estimated as "Taking longer than expected". Is anyone else dealing with these delays? It seems like everyone is getting interviews. 

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for yours, hopefully you hear something soon ❤️

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

On 8/6/2022 at 1:51 PM, JeffandKenny said:

I am finding myself getting extremely anxious and disappointed at the length of this process.  My husband filed December 7, 2021 for his N-400.  The online portal just changed for estimated as "Taking longer than expected". Is anyone else dealing with these delays? It seems like everyone is getting interviews. 

I’m with you! I applied beginning of January 2022 and still nothing. Everyone from my service center got their interviews, even people who applied 3 months after me and I have no change in my case. Very frustrating, one starts to think if there is anything wrong with their case even though you know there is nothing. I hope you get yours soon! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Andel79 said:

I’m with you! I applied beginning of January 2022 and still nothing. Everyone from my service center got their interviews, even people who applied 3 months after me and I have no change in my case. Very frustrating, one starts to think if there is anything wrong with their case even though you know there is nothing. I hope you get yours soon! 

I felt the same when I did the I-751 , I think they just go by what’s put in front of them and I think the only reason they got mine after so long is cause I went to get a stamp to go see my family since the I-751 is taking to long .

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

16 hours ago, MASH said:

I am sorry to hear you are still waiting for yours, hopefully you hear something soon ❤️

Applied for N-400 on 12/24/2021. Old biometrics re-used. Nothing since then. The only positive after I applied for N-400 last year December was that my 10 yrs GC was approved and sent to me in May 2022. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 8/7/2022 at 8:23 AM, MASH said:

Congrats!

how did the interview go before ur oath ceremony ? Anything new that we should know for us to prepare? :) 

Interview was easy and very fast. Spent more time going through security and checking in than the actual interview itself. 

Officer welcomed me and walked me to his office, started with the six civics questions, then the English test. He then asked the yes/no questions, congratulated me and told me to expect an oath ceremony since I requested a name change. 15 minutes or less in total interview time. Officer was very serious but very professional.

Scheduled Oath ceremony came in the mail around month and a half later. 

Timeline
On 8/9/2022 at 9:18 AM, fcl said:

Interview was easy and very fast. Spent more time going through security and checking in than the actual interview itself. 

Officer welcomed me and walked me to his office, started with the six civics questions, then the English test. He then asked the yes/no questions, congratulated me and told me to expect an oath ceremony since I requested a name change. 15 minutes or less in total interview time. Officer was very serious but very professional.

Scheduled Oath ceremony came in the mail around month and a half later. 

Sorry for the late reply , I do thank u for posting this and it gives me hope that I will be ok on mine.

once again congrats on finishing ur journey.

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
6 hours ago, MASH said:

Sorry for the late reply , I do thank u for posting this and it gives me hope that I will be ok on mine.

once again congrats on finishing ur journey.

If you have no red flags your interview should go well.

Thanks.

Timeline
19 hours ago, fcl said:

If you have no red flags your interview should go well.

Thanks.

No red flags here ❤️

been with my hubby since 2008 and still married .

hopefully to get a sweet person cause I get nervous in front of authority figures . :) 

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Timeline

Hey Fellow December Filers!

hope everyone is having a great day :) 

I see based on the excel chart that many of us got interviews,approvals or oath ceremonies and just wanted to say congrats to everyone that got this far in their final journey ❤️

hopefully the rest hear something soon. Will be in my prayers.

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

I have been seeing a lot of people getting their interviews scheduled in the past 2 months and I was getting worried for mine. I applied on December 18th.

I have the app on my phone and have been checking it consistently daily.

I just checked tonight after not checking earlier and my heart jumped. I JUST GOT MY INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 27th!!!

To all who are still waiting, I genuinely wish you all will get your schedules very soon! Best of luck to us all! 🥹

Timeline
8 hours ago, Bella2345678 said:

I have been seeing a lot of people getting their interviews scheduled in the past 2 months and I was getting worried for mine. I applied on December 18th.

I just checked tonight after not checking earlier and my heart jumped. I JUST GOT MY INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 27th!!!

To all who are still waiting, I genuinely wish you all will get your schedules very soon! Best of luck to us all! 🥹

That is wonderful to hear ❤️

I wish you nothing but positive vibes for your interview. :) 

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Filed: Other Timeline
8 hours ago, Bella2345678 said:

Great, good luck to you:)

Greetings,

I had my N400 interview today, thankfully my application has been granted and an oath is schudule next week.

Interview lasted about 30 min because I have a complex immigration history.

A IO prompted the civic questions as follow,

Who is your US Congressman?

We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?

Who is the father of the country?

Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?

There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.

IO then prompted to ask a follow up question, "Why do citizen vote?"

What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

What is one reason colonists came to America?

There were 13 original states. Name three.

Then the IO asked me to read, Franklin Roosevlt was President during the WW II.

Officer then congratulated me and gave me a schudule for oath cermony.

Thank you everyone for all the incredible guidence. I wish success to everyone who is still waiting in the line.

1 hour ago, Imperium said:

Greetings,

I had my N400 interview today, thankfully my application has been granted and an oath is schudule next week.

Interview lasted about 30 min because I have a complex immigration history.

A IO prompted the civic questions as follow,

Who is your US Congressman?

We elect a U.S. Representative for how many years?

Who is the father of the country?

Under our Constitution, some powers belong to the states. What is one power of the states?

There are four amendments to the Constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them.

IO then prompted to ask a follow up question, "Why do citizen vote?"

What do we show loyalty to when we say the Pledge of Allegiance?

What is one reason colonists came to America?

There were 13 original states. Name three.

Then the IO asked me to read, Franklin Roosevlt was President during the WW II.

Officer then congratulated me and gave me a schudule for oath cermony.

Thank you everyone for all the incredible guidence. I wish success to everyone who is still waiting in the line.

Why do you say that you had a complex history? Did they ask you about it?

04/27/2016 sent AOS PACKAGE

05/02/2016 PRIORITY DATE (day 1)

05/17/2016 FIRST NOA'S RECEIVED. HARD COPIES.

05/20/2016 BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT FOR 06/01/2016

06/01/2016 Biometrics taken.

08/02/2016 I-765 Work Permit approved. (day 90)

9 hours ago, Burnpro23 said:

Why do you say that you had a complex history? Did they ask you about it?

I have prior arrest related to post 9/11 JTTF sweep leading into lengthy and complex removal proceedings. IO's line of questions attempted to reach as far back as 2001-02. My A-file was hauled in on a trolly, you can now imagine how complex it has been. Apart from that, some civic questions were of a different nature such as "What is vote" and "Why one vote" etc. 

Recognizing the complexity of my case, I believe the officer was an incredibly professional and nice. They did not make me feel uncomfortable while also performed a quality review.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.