Sarge2155

I - 751 January 2022 Filers

1,059 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Saman1103 said:

How did it go? Quick and easy? 

Hi!  You beat me to it.  Lol 

So I think we may be the first of the January 2022 filers to do the biometrics appointment. Maybe?  I don't know.  But YES, it was quick and easy!  Our appointment was at 1pm today, and we were a Code 3.  The office in West Sac was very easy to find; lots of parking.  We saw several people going into the building, but my husband said it was very quiet inside.  Not busy at all.  He got called up right away.  He had to fill out a basic form, show his 2-year green card, took a couple photos, and then fingerprints.  The lady had to the fingerprints a couple of times, because maybe his fingers were a little sweaty (who knows - definitely no nail polish remover though).  My husband was in and out the door in about 10 minutes. He didn't have to show his drivers license or passport.

Good luck to you next week!

Our ROC story so far...
1/3/2022: I-751 sent via USPS Priority Mail; delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 1/5
1/6/2022: CC processed for filing and biometric fees
1/7/2022: Received receipt # via text
1/15/2022:  Received NOA and 24-month extension letter
1/22/2022:  Received biometrics appointment letter
2/8/2022:  Biometrics appointment
10/2/2023:  SURPRISE!  We received the I-751 approval letter and 10-year green card without an interview.  

2 hours ago, Abcd1234 said:

Our package was delivered on 31st jan, it is 8th today and no text ( we filled g1145) and check hasn't been deposited yet? Is it normal,  green card expires on 15 march

2 hours ago, Yannary said:

Ours was also delivered on the 31st and still no text/email. Not sure if it's normal, but my paranoid self is freaking out. Green card expires Feb 27 😔

Don't worry you both are in there sometimes it takes longer than other folks don't be alarmed.  I suspect it'll  be this week. Btw the notifications can come at anytime even midnight.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

27 minutes ago, erzengel said:

So I think we may be the first of the January 2022 filers to do the biometrics appointment. Maybe?  I don't know.  But YES, it was quick and easy!  Our appointment was at 1pm today, and we were a Code 3.  The office in West Sac was very easy to find; lots of parking.  We saw several people going into the building, but my husband said it was very quiet inside.  Not busy at all.  He got called up right away.  He had to fill out a basic form, show his 2-year green card, took a couple photos, and then fingerprints.  The lady had to the fingerprints a couple of times, because maybe his fingers were a little sweaty (who knows - definitely no nail polish remover though).  My husband was in and out the door in about 10 minutes. He didn't have to show his drivers license or passport.

You are on a roll!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

1 hour ago, Sarge2155 said:

You are on a roll!

Thanks!  We're pretty happy with how speedy things are moving along, but I suppose now, we're in for a long wait for the interview.

Our ROC story so far...
1/3/2022: I-751 sent via USPS Priority Mail; delivered to Phoenix Lockbox 1/5
1/6/2022: CC processed for filing and biometric fees
1/7/2022: Received receipt # via text
1/15/2022:  Received NOA and 24-month extension letter
1/22/2022:  Received biometrics appointment letter
2/8/2022:  Biometrics appointment
10/2/2023:  SURPRISE!  We received the I-751 approval letter and 10-year green card without an interview.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
22 minutes ago, erzengel said:

Thanks!  We're pretty happy with how speedy things are moving along, but I suppose now, we're in for a long wait for the interview.

Maybe you won’t have one!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

23 minutes ago, erzengel said:

Yes that would be a good assessment! But you never know.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, erzengel said:

Ah okay. Sounds like a simple process without too much stress. Thanks again for the information. My sister in law lives in Melbourne! Hopefully we can visit Australia soon.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Uscis just cashed the check! But I can’t tell if it’s the original application which i mailed on the 24th (and was lost by ups and tracking number still says information not available) or the one i just mailed today (did overnight shipping with usps with eta of 2/9 6pm) 

I’m assuming it’s the first one..hoping I don’t get charged twice though 

28 minutes ago, sarahinam said:

Uscis just cashed the check! But I can’t tell if it’s the original application which i mailed on the 24th (and was lost by ups and tracking number still says information not available) or the one i just mailed today (did overnight shipping with usps with eta of 2/9 6pm) 

I’m assuming it’s the first one..hoping I don’t get charged twice though 

it's got to be the first one I would think. your second application's not supposed to be delivered till today by 6:00 p.m. so it's not even there yet.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, Todd55 said:

it's got to be the first one I would think. your second application's not supposed to be delivered till today by 6:00 p.m. so it's not even there yet.  

Yes i think so too. A little annoyed because that was the one ups had lost and i had to open an investigation so didn’t expect for it to be received and I mailed a new application today.

but i included (first page) a letter explaining that is a duplicate application due to the first one being lost by ups and that if the first one is received, then to disregard the second one and not process the payment so i hope that’s the case

Yes hopefully they will read that letter and disregard the second application and all will be well.  

I feel for you. that has to be annoying that you send that second packet and they cash the check from the first one on that same day.

The most important thing is that they have it now though.  that has to be a big worry off of your mind now.

Edited by Todd55

We just got a xase update at 6:30 this morning.  No biometrics!  The fingerprints were applied from the first time.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, Todd55 said:

We just got a xase update at 6:30 this morning.  No biometrics!  The fingerprints were applied from the first time.  

Did the case status change on the USCIS Case status page when receiving this or does yours still stay "My case was received" 

14 minutes ago, Pininfarina said:

Did the case status change on the USCIS Case status page when receiving this or does yours still stay "My case was received" 

Yes our case status changed to finger print⁹s were reapplied as of February 9th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.