Sarge2155

I - 751 January 2022 Filers

1,059 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

You will generally get a RFE depending on the kind of error you made if any. They can still send you a text and or email and then later down the road an RFE. If the mistake is big enough they will return your package without action. Welcome to the thread, let's hope it goes through without delay.

One other question if you don't mind.  When they send the receipt notice does that include the extension letter?  Is the extension letter sent separately?  I wonder if you can access the extension letter through your online uscis account.  Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.    Yes, thanks for the welcome.  My wife and I haven't had to do this stuff for a couple of yrs., so it's was hard to gear back up for all of this again.  I am looking forward to her getting her 10 yr. card.  We won't have to worry about anything for a while until she decides to do citizenship.

Edited by Todd55

35 minutes ago, Todd55 said:

One other question if you don't mind.  When they send the receipt notice does that include the extension letter?  Is the extension letter sent separately?  I wonder if you can access the extension letter through your online uscis account.  Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.    Yes, thanks for the welcome.  My wife and I haven't had to do this stuff for a couple of yrs., so it's was hard to gear back up for all of this again.  I am looking forward to her getting her 10 yr. card.  We won't have to worry about anything for a while until she decides to do citizenship.

Yes they are one in the same! Ours was not and still not in our online account. It came via the mail.

Edited by Sarge2155

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
7 hours ago, Todd55 said:

I had a general question if you guys don't mind.  My wife and I just filed our i751 on the 19th of january.  We included the g1145 with it so we will get a text or email.  I was just wondering though.  Will we get a text only if the form is correct, and accepted, or will they still send us a text even if we messed up on something?  I sort of think that if we messed up we will just have to wait for snail mail to find out I imagine.  I was just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on this.

Hi there! Welcome! 
When they first receive the form, they check for signature, edition date, and correct signature. They also check that you haven’t filed it too soon. If that looks ok they will process it and send you the notice. Then they start working on it. If they see something missing (for example, you didn’t send enough evidence or the evidence you sent is confusing) they’ll send you RFE. Good luck and let’s keep each other posted!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Put ours in the mail on Wednesday last week, and was delivered Friday around lunch.  I think all together the packet was around an inch and a half thick.  Slapped a thin piece of cardboard on front and back (for stability/protection) and put a binder clip in top left/bottom right to hold it all together.  Shoved it in a bubble envelope and off it went.  Having wife keep an eye on her email/sms for notification, and I'm watching the checking account to see when they cash the check.

2 hours ago, NihonJim said:

Put ours in the mail on Wednesday last week, and was delivered Friday around lunch.  I think all together the packet was around an inch and a half thick.  Slapped a thin piece of cardboard on front and back (for stability/protection) and put a binder clip in top left/bottom right to hold it all together.  Shoved it in a bubble envelope and off it went.  Having wife keep an eye on her email/sms for notification, and I'm watching the checking account to see when they cash the check.

Good job on your packet. So far January filers have been getting their NOA/Extension letters fairly quickly. You should be too in a week or so! If you could update your time line it would help everyone!

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 hours ago, NihonJim said:

We sent ours on the same day.  The packet got there on friday about 10:30 am.  It will be interesting to see if we get notified on the same day.

1 hour ago, Todd55 said:

We sent ours on the same day.  The packet got there on friday about 10:30 am.  It will be interesting to see if we get notified on the same day.

I'm thinking this week you both will get the text/email. I can feel it!

Citizenship Complete!

@Todd55

And @NihonJim

Be sure to make several copies of your NOA/Extension letter. Then put the original away for safe keeping (it's a thick paper, not regular paper) and just carry around a copy. Let the copy take the wear and tear!

Citizenship Complete!

8 minutes ago, Emw2290 said:

Our packet is officially out of our hands. Off it went today. 

That's  good news and welcome to the thread. Don't  forget to update your timeline.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

That's  good news and welcome to the thread. Don't  forget to update your timeline.

Hey! How did you get that signature? Do you mind if I copy your idea?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

13 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Thank you! Thanks for the reminder to update. I actually forgot 😲

19 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Hey! How did you get that signature? Do you mind if I copy your idea?

Go for it!

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sent my wife's I-751 package on 1/19/22 via USPS Priority Express. USPS confirmed delivery on 1/21. Wife received text message from USCIS this morning 1/25 and assigned a receipt number beginning with WAC.

we got our text today too.  hooray!  I can't believe we got the text that quick I was thinking six or seven days probably.  The # begins with YSC.  does anybody know what service center that is?

Edited by Todd55

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.