Sarge2155

I - 751 January 2022 Filers

1,059 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
Just now, Shaneen said:

Thank you for reassuring my anxious soul haha. I just hope its somewhere secure given what we need to include. Good luck filing next week! I swear I checked my papers 300 times, well at least it felt like that. I was even checking the address as I was dropping it off with UPS so I completely get it 🤦‍♀️

You remember how there is a part on form i-751 where you have to pick only ONE feature that describes your hair? Well, I was checking the form I was ready to submit and I had chosen two. I doubt whether that would have been a denial or even a RFE, but I just printed that page again. My package has been ready for quite a while now. I was just waiting until this past week to get the latest statements and everything. My window opens on January 30th so here we go!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 minute ago, Rocio0010 said:

You remember how there is a part on form i-751 where you have to pick only ONE feature that describes your hair? Well, I was checking the form I was ready to submit and I had chosen two. I doubt whether that would have been a denial or even a RFE, but I just printed that page again. My package has been ready for quite a while now. I was just waiting until this past week to get the latest statements and everything. My window opens on January 30th so here we go!

I couldn't tell you how many times I checked that form, and I still go back to the copy I made of the original to check things. I totally just checked I didn't have any double boxes checked (I didn't!). Make sure if you filled out the form on the computer your dates are in the right order format. I originally did what I could before printing the form and no matter what I did, my dates would print in the wrong format, so check that! On the computer it was in the right order, but when it printed it was not...weird. 

Timeline
Just now, Shaneen said:

I couldn't tell you how many times I checked that form, and I still go back to the copy I made of the original to check things. I totally just checked I didn't have any double boxes checked (I didn't!). Make sure if you filled out the form on the computer your dates are in the right order format. I originally did what I could before printing the form and no matter what I did, my dates would print in the wrong format, so check that! On the computer it was in the right order, but when it printed it was not...weird. 

It's nerve racking!!! Now, it's Saturday! Stop checking those forms!!!! You've already sent them!

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

It's nerve racking!!! Now, it's Saturday! Stop checking those forms!!!! You've already sent them!

😄 I will certainly try! Now to keep busy until the NOA arrives, and I can breathe a little easier.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Shaneen said:

😄 I will certainly try! Now to keep busy until the NOA arrives, and I can breathe a little easier.

I will check mine now because I have to dissasemble the package to put the new statements in.I feel like I overkilled it, I included 24 bank statements, joint health/vehicle insurances, old joint leases, retirement accounts, vet appointment reminders, utility bills, drivers licenses, joint deed, joint home title, joint loan statements... I feel like whoever is assigned to my package will look at it and say "oh boy, no, not today" and put it off endlessly. The thing is, I followed the instructions to the T and wanted to cover the whole time span of my marriage...

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

I will check mine now because I have to dissasemble the package to put the new statements in.I feel like I overkilled it, I included 24 bank statements, joint health/vehicle insurances, old joint leases, retirement accounts, vet appointment reminders, utility bills, drivers licenses, joint deed, joint home title, joint loan statements... I feel like whoever is assigned to my package will look at it and say "oh boy, no, not today" and put it off endlessly. The thing is, I followed the instructions to the T and wanted to cover the whole time span of my marriage...

I am sure you will do great! We can only submit what we have and just see how it goes 🤷‍♀️ I feel like my packet was a bit light on some things because we live in a RV full time so we don't have utilities or loans etc and the RV parks we have stayed at are usually pretty casual even for full timers like us and don't have contract/rental agreements. Our first residence had our site rental history online from early in our marriage, but they changed the system, and everything was deleted, we also moved across country since then, and our new spot doesn't have a contract or anything we could submit either. I just had to go with what I did have, proof we moved together, copies of IDs with shared addresses (old and new). Copies of insurances with both our names from old and new addresses, copies of business/personal mail addressed to both addresses among other things. I am trying not to overthink it now. It is what it is, and we submitted what we could. Everyone's circumstances are different, and some people have far less evidence and do okay. Here is hoping we both do great and everyone else going through this process too, does the same!

hi everyone, im just curious if there is anyone here with I751 with a divorce waiver AND filed n400(citizenship) with 5 year rule. 

is it true that you cannot file/apply n400 if your i751 is waiver? (divorce is finalized)

I have a pending i751 with waiver(pending over 18months) and i filen n400 11 months ago. 

thank you

Timeline

7B2A5F77-BEA2-44E2-89C8-084635B872EE.jpeg

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline

Done!!! Ready to send next weekend!

7D72CE4F-5620-4BD2-81F9-366DA4E045B5.jpeg

Edited by Rocio0010

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

6 hours ago, Shaneen said:

Filed I-751 the other day, notice by UPS it has been received today in Phoenix, AZ. Received by: PONTE. However, it says 'Left at: Dock', should this concern me? 

I have photos of my packet showing that I addressed it per the exact address on the USCIS website for UPS Deliveries. I also have the tracking and UPS receipts etc. showing the address and it all matches the website. Any advice? I was on the tail end of the 90 days submitting it, cause well..life. But, it was still sent and 'received' a several weeks before my GC is due to expire. So, I am already running high on anxiety. Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome to the thread! You'll  be fine, you are thinking dock as in outside, they have a certain place where they drop those things off after hours and on weekends.  It's not what you envision the dock to be. First thing Monday they will pick it up and process it I'm sure. January filers including myself have been getting our NOAs with extension letters in a matter of days. Not sure if it's just dumb luck or a streak. Let's hope it holds for you and my friends that will file in February!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

6 hours ago, Shaneen said:

If you would please fill out your timeline as it helps us to see how things are moving and how we can gauge how fast or slow things are running.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

30 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Welcome to the thread! You'll  be fine, you are thinking dock as in outside, they have a certain place where they drop those things off after hours and on weekends.  It's not what you envision the dock to be. First thing Monday they will pick it up and process it I'm sure. January filers including myself have been getting our NOAs with extension letters in a matter of days. Not sure if it's just dumb luck or a streak. Let's hope it holds for you and my friends that will file in February!

Thank you for the warm welcome and reassurance! I hope it gets processed quickly and i get my NOA soon! 

I think when i read 'left at dock' i envisioned it just being left at some delivery truck garage door. Haha although I am sure a business like this has something more secure in place like you said for after hours deliveries! How fast did they process your payment from when you had notice it was delivered?

1 hour ago, Shaneen said:

Thank you for the warm welcome and reassurance! I hope it gets processed quickly and i get my NOA soon! 

I think when i read 'left at dock' i envisioned it just being left at some delivery truck garage door. Haha although I am sure a business like this has something more secure in place like you said for after hours deliveries! How fast did they process your payment from when you had notice it was delivered?

It was just a matter of days. Check out some ot my prior posts in this thread for the exact time!

Citizenship Complete!

I had a general question if you guys don't mind.  My wife and I just filed our i751 on the 19th of january.  We included the g1145 with it so we will get a text or email.  I was just wondering though.  Will we get a text only if the form is correct, and accepted, or will they still send us a text even if we messed up on something?  I sort of think that if we messed up we will just have to wait for snail mail to find out I imagine.  I was just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on this.

16 minutes ago, Todd55 said:

I had a general question if you guys don't mind.  My wife and I just filed our i751 on the 19th of january.  We included the g1145 with it so we will get a text or email.  I was just wondering though.  Will we get a text only if the form is correct, and accepted, or will they still send us a text even if we messed up on something?  I sort of think that if we messed up we will just have to wait for snail mail to find out I imagine.  I was just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on this.

You will generally get a RFE depending on the kind of error you made if any. They can still send you a text and or email and then later down the road an RFE. If the mistake is big enough they will return your package without action. Welcome to the thread, let's hope it goes through without delay.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.