Proactiv1

K1 Visa Petition Timeline Question

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Proactiv1 said:

@Keithn85  - Thanks much for sharing your timeline post NOA-2 is received. Could you please share the information regarding the timeline starting from sending the K-1 application to the Lewisville, TX till the time you received the NOA-2? Appreciate it!

You please ignore my question. I went to your timeline and checked it.

I just saw this and I updated my timeline correctly as my numbers post NOA-2 were incorrect.  Timeline now reflects everything it should.

image.png.0883ab8dcf8a2184e8c69d2fcfaf90fd.png

I would say 8 months total to NOA-2 unless they give you a Request For Evidence and do cartwheels before they approve you after you return the requested evidence.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

I just saw this and I updated my timeline correctly as my numbers post NOA-2 were incorrect.  Timeline now reflects everything it should.

I would say 8 months total to NOA-2 unless they give you a Request For Evidence and do cartwheels before they approve you after you return the requested evidence.

Unfortunately NOA2 is now 10-12 months as the March filers are discovering. CaseTracker appears to be down right now sadly so we can't pull numbers for today but it's most certainly not getting any faster. We're lucky that our embassies are still open and operational (Kyiv and Warsaw seem to be fairing pretty well), but NVC for others still remains a nightmare. I don't think even 40% of March filers will have updates by EOY.

Personally, I wish I was active on VisaJourney before I filed, I listened to the expected processing times on USCIS' website. Now I know those are two months old; expect it to increase yet again in the coming weeks. As an aside - congratulations on getting through the process, I've seen you active here for a long time :)

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
1 hour ago, Keithn85 said:

Congratulations! Thanks much for the detail on your timeline. I wish I'll have the same timeline around 8-9 months to NOA-2. Please do share your interview experience scheduled for tomorrow. All the very best!

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Proactiv1 said:

Congratulations! Thanks much for the detail on your timeline. I wish I'll have the same timeline around 8-9 months to NOA-2. Please do share your interview experience scheduled for tomorrow. All the very best!

Yeah I will talk with her tomorrow and get the scoop.  It is at Midnight central time but she will wait for me to sleep before she tells me how it went.  Weather conditions in Kyiv arent the best currently for roads and the road leading to the embassy (it is more like an unmarked street in a neighborhood where there is enough room for 2 cars to pass each other but that's it) might not be as clear.  Like I said, I will get a full report in the morning here for it for sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.