Proactiv1

K1 Visa Petition Timeline Question

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
15 minutes ago, millefleur said:

On your profile, click the upper right hand button that says "Edit Profile" scroll down and you'll see a country list drop down menu you can select from.

Thanks much. Now, it's all fixed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Proactiv1 said:

Well the good thing is that Ukraine embassy does not have much of a backlog. I believe its taking like 2 months after you receive your NOA-2 to NVC to embassy. Bad thing is that on average NOA-2 is taking 8.5 months. When did you file? You can update your timeline. Best to talk to some Ukrainian friends such as @Keithn85

3 hours ago, nakm said:

Can you be specific about how your packet was “overkill”?.. because I’m worried that I’m doing too much , or perhaps maybe too little by another’s standard. Thanks for your help :)

Overkill would be vast pages of chat logs and photos and other stuff that is not required or requested for the petition.  No USCIS worker has time to wade through someone's "love story" novella.  The more fluff included, the longer it takes to adjudicate.

4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Overkill would be vast pages of chat logs and photos and other stuff that is not required or requested for the petition.  No USCIS worker has time to wade through someone's "love story" novella.  The more fluff included, the longer it takes to adjudicate.

I currently have 3 pages of xeroxed color photos shoring dates and locations and family members names. I also have a letter from my reverend explaining his plan to marry us, and 1 page of receipts and 1page of boarding passes. Also have 3 pages of passport pages showing entry stamps into my fiancé’s country. For a total of 9 pages. (This is not including the “intent to marry” document from myself and fiancé (2 pages).

is this overboard ?… if it is I’d like to know so I can change it. Thanks for your help! :)

1 minute ago, nakm said:

I currently have 3 pages of xeroxed color photos shoring dates and locations and family members names. I also have a letter from my reverend explaining his plan to marry us, and 1 page of receipts and 1page of boarding passes. Also have 3 pages of passport pages showing entry stamps into my fiancé’s country. For a total of 9 pages. (This is not including the “intent to marry” document from myself and fiancé (2 pages).

is this overboard ?… if it is I’d like to know so I can change it. Thanks for your help! :)

What country is your fiance from?

Timeline
1 hour ago, J&D1008 said:

Well the good thing is that Ukraine embassy does not have much of a backlog. I believe its taking like 2 months after you receive your NOA-2 to NVC to embassy. Bad thing is that on average NOA-2 is taking 8.5 months. When did you file? You can update your timeline. Best to talk to some Ukrainian friends such as @Keithn85

Thanks. Yeah I'm expecting it to be around 9 months for NOA2. Filed date is Sept 29th. Thanks for the suggest and I'll get in touch with @Keithn85.

32 minutes ago, nakm said:

Thailand . 

Probably good that you're front-loading that petition then.  Sounds like you have a reasonable volume of stuff.  Good luck.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Proactiv1 said:

Yeah I can speak to the side once the NOA-2 is received.  Mine and some of the others before me took about 1 month for the NVC to receive.  For mine, when it was received by NVC, that was a shipping week.  So i had to wait 2 weeks for it to ship.  Yeah my petition was the only one in the shipment.  So just think about 1.5 months from NOA-2 is an excellent estimate unless Kyiv closes down (which they never really did the last half of 2020 until now, they only slowed down production, to use terms, until they ramped back up again in April)

You can see my timeline but it was:
Oct 15 = noa

Nov 09 = NVC received and assigned case

Nov 23 = left for embassy

Nov 30 = received P3 email from embassy

It was pretty quick.  And yeah my timeline wasnt updated so i updated it.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, nakm said:

To be honest, that might be good for the embassy.  For us what we did:
-intent to marry from both of us (2 separate papers, mine said petitioner copy, hers said beneficiary copy)
-10 photos of our time spent together

-boarding passes from me and her when we met in turkey in sept 2020 and mine form dec 2020)
-passport stamps (she had her passport details page scanned for me so i included my details page, my stamps page.  Then her details page, her stamped page)
-how we met in person (i did a short page of meeting dates before petition and then a letter from both of us explaining in more detail fromt he beginning of our relationship to december 2020 and our intents.  Might be overkill but it wasnt rejected)

And then of course the required documents because of our situation (she was divorced with a child)

What you have, is what we are doing for the embassy.  So keep that and give that to the beneficiary.  I am speaking to the album.  that is excellent to have, but as stated above, USCIS doesnt need all of that.  The issue we had with a request for evidence?  Her divorce decree because they didnt read it fully and thought it was not final.  They accepted everything else but that.  So yeah.  You can send those 3 pages as long as they are marked correctly, but just know we sent 10 pages of single photos.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, nakm said:

Can you be specific about how your packet was “overkill”?.. because I’m worried that I’m doing too much , or perhaps maybe too little by another’s standard. Thanks for your help :)

Well I had put together a packet with too many photos, the lawyer only asked for 10-15 scanned photos. I also had screenshots of text messages (Whatsapp) and call logs from each month that my fiance and I had been talking, the lawyer didn't want any of that. The screenshots of call records and text messages were not needed by the attorney at all, he said the photos of us together along with the other things he had me provide below were plenty to show proof of a relationship. I think I was just trying to pack in way too much proof of relationship evidence when I didn't need to. I had read online that you should write the names of people in each photo on the back of the photo, but I don't know if the attorney did that or not, so you may want to do that if you are assembling your packet on your own. The amount of stuff I had tried to assemble myself was probably twice as thick as what the attorney had assembled. 

What he wanted from her (scanned and emailed to him) 

1. Beneficiary intake form (Had all of her biographical information, employment history, places of residence etc...)

2. Declaration of Intent to Marry. Signed and notarized, then scanned and sent to the attorney

3. Her birth certificate, issued by the Philippines Statistics Authority (PSA) because the ones from the NSO are no longer valid.

4. 2 recent passport style photos

5. Copy of her passport photo page for her Philippines passport

6. 10-15 miscellaneous scanned photos of us together during my 2 trips there. I had already provided these to the lawyer because we had the same pictures. I just made sure the photos were of us together, in different locations, wearing different clothes so they knew we spent lots of time together. 

7. NBI clearance, which in the Philippines is a criminal background check, but the attorney said this is not needed until the interview because it may expire before then.

From me, the attorney wanted.

1. 2 identical (current) passport style photos

2. Copy of my birth certificate.

3. Copy of my passport photo page

4. Copy of my passport page stamps for each trip to see her.

5. Copy of receipts for money remittances sent to her.

6. Photo of engagement ring.

7. Receipt for engagement ring

8. Copy of flight itineraries for each trip

9. Copies of boarding passes for each trip

10. Copy of hotel receipts for hotel stays

11. Color copies of photos of us together for my visits to see her.

12. My latest income tax statements with w2's or 1099's attached. You can get your transcripts on IRS.gov

13. Check payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" or credit card authorization. I tried the credit card thing but for some reason the government rejected the card, which makes no sense, it's the same card I always use. Anyway, the attorney contacted me about the issue, asked me if I wanted them to charge the $535 fee to themselves and they would send a check in for me, we did that and it worked fine. Got my NOA1 back in a few days.

This was everything the attorney wanted at this stage, there will be other things required of both of us later in the process, after the long wait for everything to be forwarded to the embassy in Manila, whenever that may be.

Hope this all helps

Timeline
On 12/17/2021 at 4:30 PM, Keithn85 said:

Yeah I can speak to the side once the NOA-2 is received.  Mine and some of the others before me took about 1 month for the NVC to receive.  For mine, when it was received by NVC, that was a shipping week.  So i had to wait 2 weeks for it to ship.  Yeah my petition was the only one in the shipment.  So just think about 1.5 months from NOA-2 is an excellent estimate unless Kyiv closes down (which they never really did the last half of 2020 until now, they only slowed down production, to use terms, until they ramped back up again in April)

You can see my timeline but it was:
Oct 15 = noa

Nov 09 = NVC received and assigned case

Nov 23 = left for embassy

Nov 30 = received P3 email from embassy

It was pretty quick.  And yeah my timeline wasnt updated so i updated it.

@Keithn85  - Thanks much for sharing your timeline post NOA-2 is received. Could you please share the information regarding the timeline starting from sending the K-1 application to the Lewisville, TX till the time you received the NOA-2? Appreciate it!

You please ignore my question. I went to your timeline and checked it.

Edited by Proactiv1

Timeline
43 minutes ago, Proactiv1 said:

@Keithn85  - Thanks much for sharing your timeline post NOA-2 is received. Could you please share the information regarding the timeline starting from sending the K-1 application to the Lewisville, TX till the time you received the NOA-2? Appreciate it!

You please ignore my question. I went to your timeline and checked it.

Add your "received date" as NOA-1 on timeline. For example you sent package on 11/29. When did USCIS say they received your application? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

Add your "received date" as NOA-1 on timeline. For example you sent package on 11/29. When did USCIS say they received your application? 

I sent on 09/26 and received on 09/29. So, NOA1 is 9/29? Made the needed changes to my timeline.

Edited by Proactiv1

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Proactiv1 said:

I sent on 09/26 and received on 09/29. So, NOA1 is 9/29? Made the needed changes to my timeline.

Yes! You are a September filer. So sent 9/26, NOA-1 9/29. Almost 3 months into process :) However, your timeline says November. Did you mean 11/26 and 11/29?

Edited by J&D1008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.