Rocio0010

ROC February 2022 filers (merged)

396 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, ashgup1987 said:

@FloraTen how did you mail your package? And when did the usps/fedex/upst tracking say it was delivered?

Mailed it via usps using priority shipping and it said it was delivered on feb 12th after being mailed off on feb 10th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
1 minute ago, ashgup1987 said:

Hi @LFP - did you send your application through USPS priority express/normal priority and when was it delivered to USCIS? Just trying to figure out the time between USPS delivery date and USCIS sending notification. Thank you!!

I know you didn't ask me. But I will tell you my timeline hope it helps. I sent mine with USPS priority express on 02/04 (a Friday). I received a notification from USPS that it was delivered on the 9th. I received the USCIS text notification on 02/14. And when I check the USCIS application status it says they received it on the 10th?? 

From what I have seen with other comments, it takes 4 or 5 days on average for USCIS to notify you after they receive your package. 

Good luck.

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

14 minutes ago, Nag & Matt said:

I just followed your timeline, it will probably be good for me and you to update each other. 

Good luck!

Yeah no problem. I also followed back 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, ashgup1987 said:

Thanks for quick responses, @Nag & Matt and @FloraTen. Did you both mail it to the Phoenix lockbox?

Mine was to Carol Stream, IL. 

I - 751 package: 

Sent:                               02/04/22

Received:                       02/10/22

Text notification:          02/14/22

Office:                            MSC

NOA received:               02/22/22

9 hours ago, ashgup1987 said:

Hi @LFP - did you send your application through USPS priority express/normal priority and when was it delivered to USCIS? Just trying to figure out the time between USPS delivery date and USCIS sending notification. Thank you!!

Hi @ashgup1987, I sent my application by USPS normal priority mail on Thursday, February 10th. When I checked the tracking on Sunday 13th it showed that it was delivered to the lockbox on Saturday 12th. I received my text notification yesterday (15th) so that would make it 2 business days or 4 days from when my application was delivered to when I got my notification. Don’t know if USCIS work over the weekend though! 

Edit: Just saw the other responses to your questions. Mine was also sent to Carol Stream, IL. 

Edited by LFP
More information.

Hello Feb filers! After a month and a half of procrastination we finally mailed our ROC packet yesterday via USPS Priority Express.

We sent off a lighter packet this round in comparison to the last few. All the basic supporting evidence: joint lease, bank, taxes, bills (car/utilities/phone), insurance (life/health/rent/car), and about 10 photos since we have been mostly locked indoors since AOS 😅

Good luck to everyone, looking forward to spending the next 1 to 2 years (haha, hopefully way less) with you all here, we're almost to the finish line 😃

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Not exactly a standard ROC filing as the pandemic really hit us hard that it really messed with our timeline and knowledge. My card expired in November of 2020. Somehow, between then and now, I had thought we were just waiting for a notice for an interview of sorts - never received one so this pushed us to thinking the same thing.

Come end of January 2022, we email the lawyer who helped us with AOS process, saying how long it’s been since we heard from USCIS. Can of worms, I tell you. That’s when we realized we never submitted I-751. I suppose the lawyer just assumed we processed it ourselves without hiring him. All good. Looking back, we realized that it was CLEAR to us we had to send paperwork. Somehow, pandemic hit and our brains just forgot them.

Sent our packet with the help of our lawyer on February 1st, not too long after that, check was cashed! Yesterday, our lawyer received notice that they accepted the paperwork and the 24-month extension yadda yadda. USPS notice shows we will receive  our copy today.

Our lawyer told us to best prepare for RFE considering our situation. We don’t really have much else to show other than additional bank statements. It seems affidavits would help but during the pandemic, we actually did not have much interaction with everyone besides our landlords (who are our neighbors). My anxiety is through the roof!

17 hours ago, updown said:

👋 Hi there, so I messed up...

I filed my i751 ROC in January (01/27). I waited patiently for the text or email, or even the NOA, but nothing. Then yesterday, a Valentines treat from USCIS in the mailbox! My i751 was returned via the mail... The reason? I wrote the wrong date on the cheque, 02/27 instead of 01/27 🤦‍♀️ 

I've mailed it out again today, with a new, correctly dated, triple checked, cheque! 🎉 🤞 It should arrive via UPS this coming Thursday.

Good luck, all!

I had our I-751 rejected and returned for the same reason. I wrote 1-31-2020 on the check 🤦‍♀️

Just mailed the new packet back today. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
10 minutes ago, purple-rose said:

Our lawyer told us to best prepare for RFE considering our situation. We don’t really have much else to show other than additional bank statements. It seems affidavits would help but during the pandemic, we actually did not have much interaction with everyone besides our landlords (who are our neighbors). My anxiety is through the roof!

I know it's easier said than done, but use that anxiety as your fuel to start building material for that possible RFE. You mention your landlord. Do you have a joint lease? Or maybe he can write a letter stating that you live together in his property?

What about bills, insurances, credit card statements, etc?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

16 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I know it's easier said than done, but use that anxiety as your fuel to start building material for that possible RFE. You mention your landlord. Do you have a joint lease? Or maybe he can write a letter stating that you live together in his property?

What about bills, insurances, credit card statements, etc?

Hello! Thank you for the response. I forgot to mention I had actually misplaced my GC as well, so all that time I wasn’t seeing it (thinking it was in one of my wallets, and then when we were scrambling for the filing, I had found it). Goodness. Honestly, it was so absurd just looking back.

Yes, we have a joint lease, phone bill, credit cards and bank statements all under both our names. We are each other’s life insurance beneficiaries as well (100% and no other person listed as beneficiary). Not sure what other information we can provide in case of RFE since we provided all we can including tax filings! 😭 We used to have joint insurance but we now get our own insurance coverage through our employers.

Next thing we are preparing for are affidavits to help our case in the event RFE happens and it would at the very least be from my mother-in-law, brother-in-law.. and hopefully one of the landlords. Hope no one goes through the same thing that happened to us! My husband believed me when I said “Oh we’re just waiting for the paperwork to come in for our interview or follow-up” — so we pretty much shot ourselves in the foot. 😖 Thankfully, the I-751 was accepted… I suppose we really need to prepare for the worst. 😭

Edited by purple-rose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
2 minutes ago, purple-rose said:

Yes, we have a joint lease, phone bill, credit cards and bank statements all under both our names. We are each other’s life insurance beneficiaries as well (100% and no other person listed as beneficiary). Not sure what other information we can provide in case of RFE since we provided all we can including tax filings! 😭 We used to have joint insurance but we now get our own insurance coverage through our employers.

Just curious as to why you didn't send these! 

You can provide health insurance, car insurance, leases, joint utilities, Federal/ State taxes, DL with the same address.. Plenty of documents you can send!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 minute ago, Rocio0010 said:

Just curious as to why you didn't send these! 

You can provide health insurance, car insurance, leases, joint utilities, Federal/ State taxes, DL with the same address.. Plenty of documents you can send!

Oh! We did! Sorry for any confusion. We sent everything we can - our packet had so much in it that we don’t really know what else we can provide other than the affidavits it was over 350 pages of paperwork 😖 So when our lawyer said prepare for the worst, not entirely sure what else we can provide besides a measly 4-5 affidavits of people saying they know us and can confirm we are married.

We did not include the affidavits because our lawyer was telling us we can just provide it in case of RFE and that time is of the essence since my GC expired already.

1 hour ago, Yannary said:

I had our I-751 rejected and returned for the same reason. I wrote 1-31-2020 on the check 🤦‍♀️

Just mailed the new packet back today. 

Lol why would you want to relive 2020 again 😆 

In honesty though, I am glad I'm not the only person who messed up the date on the payment, thanks for sharing. We are human!! 

Did you provide fresh paperwork (form i751, evidence etc)? Or just provide a new cheque?

Good luck with packet number 2.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.