J&D1008

DECEMBER 2021 1-129F K1 FILERS

857 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, vldrnxrz said:

Exactly 50 days from my NOA2 

Congrats on passing another stage! 
also thanks for sharing. This is useful as not far from 50 days and all my inquiries have been negative receipt. I see in other forums though people saying 60 days so hoping to hear in the next 2 weeks. Either way we will all eventually get past the NVC stage 🙏🏽🤞🏽

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
21 hours ago, ss & mj said:

Congrats on passing another stage! 
also thanks for sharing. This is useful as not far from 50 days and all my inquiries have been negative receipt. I see in other forums though people saying 60 days so hoping to hear in the next 2 weeks. Either way we will all eventually get past the NVC stage 🙏🏽🤞🏽

I reached out them via email twice. First time they said they hadnt received anything (that was about 40 days after my NOA2), then the second time i reached out they said they recieved it and gave me my case number, invoice id, and beneficiary id. I still havent received a letter or anything from them but they did give me the case number. I looked it up on CEAC tracking and it shows currently "at NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello Dec Visa Family.  
It is looking like RFE/RFER is becoming the new major group of people after this week.

I will run the reports for the next few weeks at least but not really expecting new data, so look for them on Fridays.  

As for my normal scan:

Total activity including "expedite" & "mailed documents"
Changes on April 29 2023: 3
Changes on May 1 2023: 33
Changes on May 2 2023: 30
Changes on May 3 2023: 8
Changes on May 4 2023: 21
Changes on May 5 2023: 13
Changes on May 6 2023: 7

DEC 1-3:  
        Approved: 3     Denied: 1      RFE/RFER: 6   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 2   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 0    Rejected: 0

DEC 6-10:  
        Approved: 7     Denied: 3      RFE/RFER: 11   
        RFER->Denial: 3  RFER->Approval: 6   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 13-17:  
        Approved: 9     Denied: 1      RFE/RFER: 9   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 9   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 20-24:  
        Approved: 21     Denied: 3      RFE/RFER: 22   
        RFER->Denial: 2  RFER->Approval: 11   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 1    Rejected: 0

DEC 27-31:  
        Approved: 9     Denied: 0      RFE/RFER: 7   
        RFER->Denial: 0  RFER->Approval: 7   (Incl. in stats) 

2023_05_05_day.jpg.606773b1ea222319b4f0abeb9895efdf.jpg

Edited by mw & rg k1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 5/5/2023 at 12:11 PM, vldrnxrz said:

I reached out them via email twice. First time they said they hadnt received anything (that was about 40 days after my NOA2), then the second time i reached out they said they recieved it and gave me my case number, invoice id, and beneficiary id. I still havent received a letter or anything from them but they did give me the case number. I looked it up on CEAC tracking and it shows currently "at NVC

I think your progress can consider as fast, at least you heard something from NVC. I have the same day as you received the NOA2 on March 6, but I inquired NVC at least 5 times, and they said they still didn't receive my petition, it already more than 60 days. Hope to hear some good news next week :(

On 5/6/2023 at 1:14 PM, mw & rg k1 said:

Hello Dec Visa Family.  
It is looking like RFE/RFER is becoming the new major group of people after this week.

I will run the reports for the next few weeks at least but not really expecting new data, so look for them on Fridays.  

As for my normal scan:

Total activity including "expedite" & "mailed documents"
Changes on April 29 2023: 3
Changes on May 1 2023: 33
Changes on May 2 2023: 30
Changes on May 3 2023: 8
Changes on May 4 2023: 21
Changes on May 5 2023: 13
Changes on May 6 2023: 7

DEC 1-3:  
        Approved: 3     Denied: 1      RFE/RFER: 6   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 2   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 6-10:  
        Approved: 7     Denied: 3      RFE/RFER: 11   
        RFER->Denial: 3  RFER->Approval: 6   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 13-17:  
        Approved: 9     Denied: 1      RFE/RFER: 9   
        RFER->Denial: 1  RFER->Approval: 9   (Incl. in stats) 

DEC 20-24:  
        Approved: 21     Denied: 3      RFE/RFER: 22   
        RFER->Denial: 2  RFER->Approval: 11   (Incl. in stats) 
        Updated: 0       Term\Withdrawn: 1    Rejected: 0

DEC 27-31:  
        Approved: 9     Denied: 0      RFE/RFER: 7   
        RFER->Denial: 0  RFER->Approval: 7   (Incl. in stats) 

2023_05_05_day.jpg.606773b1ea222319b4f0abeb9895efdf.jpg

We are in the 5 percent untouched. Is that a bad sign you think at this point or did we just draw the short stick? Thanks

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Aesop23 said:

We are in the 5 percent untouched. Is that a bad sign you think at this point or did we just draw the short stick? Thanks

unfortunately, short stick.

If I were you ... monitor the case inquiry date on the bottom of this page after selecting I129F, K1, California and be ready to submit an inquiry the first day you are permitted.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Currently, Dec 1 is allowed on June 15.

I know it sucks but be sure to Inquire using this form the day you can (if not approved before) and never do an expedite.

Then you get to join us waiting (in the dark) at the NVC step.

2 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

unfortunately, short stick.

If I were you ... monitor the case inquiry date on the bottom of this page after selecting I129F, K1, California and be ready to submit an inquiry the first day you are permitted.

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Currently, Dec 1 is allowed on June 15.

I know it sucks but be sure to Inquire using this form the day you can (if not approved before) and never do an expedite.

Then you get to join us waiting (in the dark) at the NVC step.

Short stick is a relief. Thanks. We will happily wait in the dark, still just twisting for the first sign of movement. Thanks for the heads up on the other stuff!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Aesop23 said:

Short stick is a relief. Thanks. We will happily wait in the dark, still just twisting for the first sign of movement. Thanks for the heads up on the other stuff!

Do watch the Inquiry date closely .... not long ago the Est processing time jumped in the longer direction, pushing out the Inquiry date,  and some that could have submitted an inquiry had to wait (again) ...

Best case,  you get your approval or an RFE soon. 

Next best,  maybe the Est processing time shortens (seems unlikely)

Finally, Inquire the first date you can using that form

Timeline

My goodness @Aesop23, you're a December 28th filer! That's too long of a wait! I'm sorry!
I also believe it's all a matter of luck. And we're the unlucky ones left behind. I also wish I was in the dark at NVC instead of seeing April filers get their approvals.

Just a note that I also lost faith with the inquiry date. I wondered why my inquiry date didn't match the 16.5 month processing times and the inquiry date actually considers the time they took to process 93% of the cases during the past 6 months, and not the 80% we are used to see.

I would suggest contacting as many congress representatives as you can, calling USCIS (saying info pass to speak to a live agent) and literally annoy the hell out of them. They unfortunately don't have to take a look at your case if you're inside the horrible 93% of cases processing time, but maybe it's better not to keep idle and keep waiting. I know it's infuriating.

February 2022 I-129F K1 Case Status Spreadsheet can be found here.
NVC Timelines spreadsheet can be found here.
NOA1:
Feb 22nd, 2022 | NOA2: May 12th, 2023 (444 days) | NVC Received: July 3rd, 2023 (52 days) | Case number: Aug 2nd, 2023 (82 days) | In Transit: Aug 15th, 2023 (95 days)  | Ready: Aug 17th, 2023 | Medical: Sep 22nd, 2023 | Interview: Sep 26th, 2023

Timeline
On 5/6/2023 at 2:02 PM, HKer said:

I think your progress can consider as fast, at least you heard something from NVC. I have the same day as you received the NOA2 on March 6, but I inquired NVC at least 5 times, and they said they still didn't receive my petition, it already more than 60 days. Hope to hear some good news next week :(

I hope you hear some good news too. I just check my case status this morning and it officially says "Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center." However i have not yet received the interview date from NVC as stated? I hope they didnt lose the letter in the mail. I need to contact them about this. 

Timeline

Hey guys, just check on ceac and it shows my petition has arrived at the US Embassy. It took exactly 7 days from the day it was mailed from NVC to arrive at US Embassy in Prishtina. 

Here is my updated timeline: 
Noa1: 12/20/2021

Noa2: 03/06/2023

At NVC: 04/25/2023

In Transit: 05/09/2023

Ready at Embassy: 05/16/2023

Timeline
On 5/8/2023 at 11:25 AM, Bh_sarah said:

My goodness @Aesop23, you're a December 28th filer! That's too long of a wait! I'm sorry!
I also believe it's all a matter of luck. And we're the unlucky ones left behind. I also wish I was in the dark at NVC instead of seeing April filers get their approvals.

Just a note that I also lost faith with the inquiry date. I wondered why my inquiry date didn't match the 16.5 month processing times and the inquiry date actually considers the time they took to process 93% of the cases during the past 6 months, and not the 80% we are used to see.

I would suggest contacting as many congress representatives as you can, calling USCIS (saying info pass to speak to a live agent) and literally annoy the hell out of them. They unfortunately don't have to take a look at your case if you're inside the horrible 93% of cases processing time, but maybe it's better not to keep idle and keep waiting. I know it's infuriating.

Have an update on the "Dark NVC" for you ....

Yester day (day 49 post NOA2), I received an inquiry reply saying they didn't have the case and were asking USCIS to locate it (many on facebook have posted the same, just a second version of form letter) ... It did suggest I could call USCIS, so I did.

After much effort, I was able to get to a live person who tacked down the case in their system.  The result?  Case is still at USCIS-California office, has not been released to NVC, no scheduled date when it will actually go out.   So the "Dark NVC" is in many cases, USCIS just delaying cases further (at least for me and a number of people I know on Facebook)

Timeline
20 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Have an update on the "Dark NVC" for you ....

Yester day (day 49 post NOA2), I received an inquiry reply saying they didn't have the case and were asking USCIS to locate it (many on facebook have posted the same, just a second version of form letter) ... It did suggest I could call USCIS, so I did.

After much effort, I was able to get to a live person who tacked down the case in their system.  The result?  Case is still at USCIS-California office, has not been released to NVC, no scheduled date when it will actually go out.   So the "Dark NVC" is in many cases, USCIS just delaying cases further (at least for me and a number of people I know on Facebook)

What's the hold up? NVC or USCIS? 

Why they're not sending it to NVC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.