Ban Hammer

Female circumcision a problem in Britain

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

To be shocked that it happens a lot in Britain, you'd also have to be assuming that most of the people in Britain are British...

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
To be shocked that it happens a lot in Britain, you'd also have to be assuming that most of the people in Britain are British...

Most of them are.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1312

I'd love to know where exactly they got those statistics from :blink:

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Most of them are.

From the national census, according to the bottom of the page. :)

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

Most of them are.

It's your tax money at work. Actually it was probably mine too. :lol: I think Wikipedia has a better breakdown but that's from the 2001 census, prior to 10 new countries joining the EU in 2004 so their stats will be off. Remember that is the country's average; London's at least 20% foreign-born.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

it is a sad fate and primitive in all aspects

it is a sad fate and primitive in all aspects

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Most of them are.

It's your tax money at work. Actually it was probably mine too. :lol: I think Wikipedia has a better breakdown but that's from the 2001 census, prior to 10 new countries joining the EU in 2004 so their stats will be off. Remember that is the country's average; London's at least 20% foreign-born.

Most of the foreign born in London are from Oz, NZ, South Africa and Poland. Probably not practising female circumsision

90day.jpg

Most of them are.

Most of the foreign born in London are from Oz, NZ, South Africa and Poland. Probably not practising female circumsision

Most likely not, but I'm not griping about the UK's foreign population. Since I no longer live there I don't really care.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Maybe it just seems like more than the statistics are saying then.... It is way too small here... I can't wait for some space! :lol:

Well... I don't know any 'clit choppers' anyway. :unsure:

Our K1 Journey

November 5th 2005 - ♥ Tash & Chris met ♥

June 11th 2007 - We posted the I129F :D

June 19th 2007 - USCIS received date

June 22nd 2007 - NOA1 received

November 16th 2007 - NOA2 - 156 days from filing

November 24th 2007 - Hard copy of NOA2 received

December 15th 2007 - Packet 3 received

January 18th 2008 - Packet 3 returned

February 13th 2008 - Packet 4 received

March 4th 2008 - Medical @ 1.00pm

March 5th 2008 - INTERVIEW @ 10.00am - APPROVED!!

March 11th 2008 - Visa received!

April 30th 2008 - Flying home at last!!!!! (POE: Dulles - Washington DC)

July 12th 2008 - Wedding date!

Now for AOS!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

People like Ayan Hirsi Ali and Waris Dirie, victims of that brutal "tradition" themselves, try to educate women, doctors and people in general in those countries. Still the first step is to punish parents draconian - if they are citizens I'd jail them for the rest of their lives, if they just have a green card/equivalent I'd sent them straight back to their countries but keep their poor children.

I remember when such a case was revealed in Munich back in 01-06, a young girl collapsed in a supermarket and people insisted on an ambulance (mother was quite against it), it turns out she collapsed because of a serious infection, caused by female mutilation (of course they used something dirty, like a piece of glass, it's terrible!!!!). I didn't expect it to happen in Germany among the immigrant community, but it did! I was quite shocked!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I saw a special on TV with African models who had this gastly tradition performed on them. I cried throughout the documentary. Very sad indeed.

Edited by JessiPooh

EAD:

Please see timeline

AOS:

2/19/08: AOS Packet Mailed

2/20/08: AOS Packet Delivered

2/26/08: NOA Date

2/27/08: Check Cashed

3/03/08: NOA Recv'd

3/15/08: Biometrics Complete

3/17/08: Can See Status Online

9/20/08: Receive Intv. Appt Letter

10/17/08: Touched

10/28/08: AOS Interview - APPROVED

10/30/08: Card Production Ordered

11/06/08: Welcome Letter Arrives

11/10/08: GC Arrives

10/2011: Citizenship

I saw a special on TV with African models who had this gastly tradition performed on them. I cried throughout the documentary. Very sad indeed.

It's pretty horrible; unfortunately it has happened here in the USA too and I hear there have been several cases in Canada. :crying: