Yehuda

What forms should we fill out if my fiance wants to leave temporary after adjusting status?

21 posts in this topic

I agree with the posters above. You can immediately get married and file for AOS.

Just to repeat what I mentioned in your other thread, if it is extremely important for her to say goodbye properly to her family in the Philippines, remember that you also have the option to get married, she flies home at the end of her authorized stay, and you file the petition for a spousal visa

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, Yehuda said:

OK ,just asked my gf. We're heading to the probate office on Friday now I guess. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but marrying this month instead of February means you'll be able to file jointly for the 2021 tax year which could give you a big discount on your taxes when you file.  Would be a nice belated wedding gift from Uncle Sam. 🙂

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Puppythecat said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but marrying this month instead of February means you'll be able to file jointly for the 2021 tax year which could give you a big discount on your taxes when you file.  Would be a nice belated wedding gift from Uncle Sam. 🙂

You are correct.  As we, all, are saying...... there are no reasons to wait.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

9 hours ago, Mike E said:

Get married and file  to adjust status now.  Write USCIS to cancel the I-129F

In your last post you were advised to get married and adjust status. Why are you admiring this problem.  Less posting and more action. You’ve waited over a month which means it take longer for her to get a green card. 

THIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
9 hours ago, Yehuda said:

Eh...thanks but I don't want to travel with Omicron everywhere. We're just gonna do a court wedding. I live in Ohio and you don't need a witness for it. 

I am registered to perform marriages in Ohio also, just did my friends wedding the end of October.  I think I'll be back in Ohio the end of  December,  may be able to set you up.  A lot of counties in Ohio are doing all the licenses via online and a zoom conference call, then you can pick up your license.  It may take a few weeks to get your license,  so keep that in mind.  His was in Mahoning County. A lot of the court houses are backed up a few weeks scheduling the marriages also. You have to contact the clerk, then set it up with the bailiff on certain days and times, it was easier for me to fly out there and do the ceremony than it was for him to get his court house wedding  setup. Message me if you need any help or information. I can send you my contact info. 

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Loren Y said:

I am registered to perform marriages in Ohio also, just did my friends wedding the end of October.  I think I'll be back in Ohio the end of  December,  may be able to set you up.  A lot of counties in Ohio are doing all the licenses via online and a zoom conference call, then you can pick up your license.  It may take a few weeks to get your license,  so keep that in mind.  His was in Mahoning County. A lot of the court houses are backed up a few weeks scheduling the marriages also. You have to contact the clerk, then set it up with the bailiff on certain days and times, it was easier for me to fly out there and do the ceremony than it was for him to get his court house wedding  setup. Message me if you need any help or information. I can send you my contact info. 

Thanks, but I live in the west side. It's in the boonies so the line probably won't be so long. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.