Hebz

J1 visa waiver NOS 2021 Timeline

137 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, tub77 said:

Yeah, other people are getting their recommendation

I don't understand why they took so long  approve our cases. @noobjections and @madovi, I guess we are on the same boat. I know people who sent their applications as NOS from the same country and 3 months later then us. And DOS keep claims that they process based on the receipt number. It is unfair!!!

Hi everyone,

I'm on the same boat as @tub77 , @madovi , @noobjections and others. 

Nov 22, 2021 - Sent my documents to DOS

Nov 28, 2021 - USPS notified my documents were delivered

Jan 5, 2022 - Embassy notified me that the NOS was sent

Mar 14, 2022 - My case was updated to "Pending" on the website with Fee, DS-3035, DS-2019, passport data page and statement of reason marked as Received. The website didn't say anything about the NOS.

Jun 9, 2022 - I contacted the embassy and they resent the NOS to the DOS. They shared an electronic copy of the NOS with me.

In short, no news since the update on March 14th :( I haven't contacted a congressperson or haven't emailed the DOS. A few of you mentioned that you have emailed the DOS. Which email address did you use (was it the 212ewaiver one?) Do you recommend emailing the DOS with the electronic copy of the NOS attached? Thank you!!

Edited by da22

10 hours ago, da22 said:

Hi everyone,

I'm on the same boat as @tub77 , @madovi , @noobjections and others. 

Nov 22, 2021 - Sent my documents to DOS

Nov 28, 2021 - USPS notified my documents were delivered

Jan 5, 2022 - Embassy notified me that the NOS was sent

Mar 14, 2022 - My case was updated to "Pending" on the website with Fee, DS-3035, DS-2019, passport data page and statement of reason marked as Received. The website didn't say anything about the NOS.

Jun 9, 2022 - I contacted the embassy and they resent the NOS to the DOS. They shared an electronic copy of the NOS with me.

In short, no news since the update on March 14th :( I haven't contacted a congressperson or haven't emailed the DOS. A few of you mentioned that you have emailed the DOS. Which email address did you use (was it the 212ewaiver one?) Do you recommend emailing the DOS with the electronic copy of the NOS attached? Thank you!!

You are a few days behind me, so I would expect an update anytime soon… yes it’s the 212e waiver email address, but I would not recommend emailing the DOS with your NOS. It has to come from your embassy directly and you emailing them that will not make anything happen faster. 

I’d recommend just waiting a little bit more, you’re still within the 12-16 week window. 

On 6/17/2022 at 8:04 PM, noobjections said:

Hey everyone, I’m new here but have been following all of your stories for a few months now. 

Here is my timeline so far: 

Documents sent - 11/19/21

NOS sent to DOS - 12/8/21 

Documents received on website - 1/4/22 [saying documents were received 03/28/22] 

Sent email to both my embassy and DOS to make sure they got the NOS - 4/28/22 [my embassy resent + DOS said they will update in the coming weeks] 

Checked today and saw NOS was uploaded to website - 06/17/22 

What are my next steps? How much longer do you think I have? 

thank you and good luck to all of you! 

B7C5ACAC-8E93-42E1-A5F9-043A28DECF6F.png

I have very similar timeline, and the dates shows exactly the same as yours. I supposed to start working this month, and this thing holds me. I'm so frustrated. 

On 6/8/2022 at 12:19 PM, konrad89 said:

@pales Any updates on your case? I am in a similar situation ;( They lost my NOS and the Embassy sent a digital copy. Although they confirmed it is received (April 26th) and my case would be processed in the "coming weeks", there is no update in the system, and the NOS is still not "received" there. It is insane.

My NOS showed up a couple weeks ago, but there is nothing else. 

On 6/22/2022 at 6:35 AM, noobjections said:

You are a few days behind me, so I would expect an update anytime soon… yes it’s the 212e waiver email address, but I would not recommend emailing the DOS with your NOS. It has to come from your embassy directly and you emailing them that will not make anything happen faster. 

I’d recommend just waiting a little bit more, you’re still within the 12-16 week window. 

@noobjections @madovi @da22, any update?

@tub77 I don't have any updates on the website. I still don't see my NOS. However, I contacted the DOS by email and they confirmed that my application was received along with the NOS from the embassy. They said the NOS will be entered in the future. They said they are processing the cases in the order that they are received and mine should be processed in the coming weeks and that no action is needed. This at least made me feel assured that they received the NOS as well and that there is nothing wrong going on. I'm just waiting now and will post here if there is an update.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:24 PM, palvi07 said:

Hi All, 

Update on my application: I got favorable recommendation on April 8, 2022. Now waiting for USCIS response. 

Here is my timeline: 

September 23, 2022: Application received by DoS

January 18, 2022: Status updated on the website as Pending

April 8, 2022: Favourable Recommendation

I did requested Congressperson to help in March. I believe that helped.

Thank you all for sharing your updates and experiences. It really helped me in this process. All the best!!

Hey @palvi07, how long after getting DOS favorable recommendation did you get your waiver? 

Finally off the hook! USCIS approved my waiver on July 6th.

**Case Background**
Waiver basis- No Objection Statement
Country of Citizenship- India
US government funding: Yes, I was funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH)

**Recap of my timeline for the reference of others**
Oct 20, 2021- Docs delivered at St. Louis lockbox by USPS Express Mail
Oct 29, 2021- Indian embassy in DC emailed NOS to the Waiver Review Division (WRD)
Feb 10, 2022- All docs marked as "Received" on the DoS portal
April 22, 2022- DoS requested Sponsor Views from the NIH
April 27, 2022- DoS "Received" Sponsor Views
May 12, 2022- DoS issued a "Favorable" recommendation, and forwarded the case electronically to the USCIS Vermont Service Center
June 25, 2022- Received "Receipt Notice" from the USCIS. As per the Receipt Notice, USCIS received my case on May 23, 2022
July 6, 2022- USCIS approved the case and mailed notice

Good luck everyone! It's a game of waiting..

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

HI everyone.

This is my first post here. Just wanted to share my case and timeline. 

I submitted all my documents Jan 2022. 

My DS2019 will expire Aug 15th. I guess I would still have a month of grace period to wait for the results but it looks like I am going to have to go back to my country and wait there? I have an Assistant Professor position lined up to start Aug 16th....

Any opinions?

No_obj_selected.gif
  Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Pending

Item Action Date
Sponsor Views (Received) Received July, 11 2022
Request for Sponsor Views Sent July, 07 2022
Fee Received April, 14 2022
Form DS-3035 Received April, 14 2022
Form DS-2019 Received April, 14 2022
No Objection Statement Received April, 14 2022
Passport Data Page Received April, 14 2022
Form G-28 Received April, 14 2022
Statement Of Reason Received April, 14 2022
Other Received April, 14 2022

On 6/17/2022 at 8:04 PM, noobjections said:

Hey everyone, I’m new here but have been following all of your stories for a few months now. 

Here is my timeline so far: 

Documents sent - 11/19/21

NOS sent to DOS - 12/8/21 

Documents received on website - 1/4/22 [saying documents were received 03/28/22] 

Sent email to both my embassy and DOS to make sure they got the NOS - 4/28/22 [my embassy resent + DOS said they will update in the coming weeks] 

Checked today and saw NOS was uploaded to website - 06/17/22 

What are my next steps? How much longer do you think I have? 

thank you and good luck to all of you! 

B7C5ACAC-8E93-42E1-A5F9-043A28DECF6F.png

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share an update. 

I received favorable recommendation on June 29th.

My lawyer informed me that USCIS approved the waiver July 15th. 

Currently waiting for it in the mail! Good luck everyone, took about 8 months from start to finish for me. Now to file AOS! Wish me luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.