@bicksley

Refused Visa - Processing Times

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Redie said:

Your email response from consulate  does sound promising. The consulate responded to my email on 11/18/21 confirming they  had received  my medical. That was the last date my case was updated. I emailed them again on 11/25/21 and just received a generic response today with no status update. 

Well that's not too bad! The fact that yours says "Ready" is good news as well. They just have to sort out the paperwork and print everything. I also noticed that many are  given 221g forms due to medical delays. If the medical reports are the only things missing from our application, and the Consulate has confirmed of its receipt there isn't much left for us to do on our end but wait...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

Well that's not too bad! The fact that yours says "Ready" is good news as well. They just have to sort out the paperwork and print everything. I also noticed that many are  given 221g forms due to medical delays. If the medical reports are the only things missing from our application, and the Consulate has confirmed of its receipt there isn't much left for us to do on our end but wait...

No, mine still shows refused. You are right, unfortunately  it’s a waiting game now. I am hitting the 5 week mark so I am getting a little restless. 

Timeline
Just now, Redie said:

No, mine still shows refused. You are right, unfortunately  it’s a waiting game now. I am hitting the 5 week mark so I am getting a little restless. 

Yeah I know the feeling. My CO said it would take 2-3weeks since everything else looked fine and no further documents were needed/requested. I'm still relieved to hear that they've received it and it's being forwarded to visa unit "somewhere"... Keep me posted.

On 12/2/2021 at 11:21 AM, Lemonslice said:

In Montreal, whenever documents are submitted after the interview, realistically it will be 4-8 weeks before the visa is ready.  

Current applicants, please keep up all updated to see if 4-8 weeks is still realistic...

Timeline
On 12/7/2021 at 12:00 PM, CAN_PA said:

Yeah I know the feeling. My CO said it would take 2-3weeks since everything else looked fine and no further documents were needed/requested. I'm still relieved to hear that they've received it and it's being forwarded to visa unit "somewhere"... Keep me posted.

We were also told 2-3 weeks. Very frustrated by the email we received. We confirmed with the doctors office that everything had been sent on the 19th so we don't understand why the Consulate claims they haven't received it yet.  Glad to hear others are getting somewhere; hopefully we won't have to wait another 2 weeks before they look at our case again. 

Timeline
On 12/7/2021 at 12:27 PM, Lemonslice said:

Current applicants, please keep up all updated to see if 4-8 weeks is still realistic...

We hit 3 weeks on Friday... will keep updated! 

Timeline
1 hour ago, @bicksley said:

We were also told 2-3 weeks. Very frustrated by the email we received. We confirmed with the doctors office that everything had been sent on the 19th so we don't understand why the Consulate claims they haven't received it yet.  Glad to hear others are getting somewhere; hopefully we won't have to wait another 2 weeks before they look at our case again. 

If there's an update on your CEAC on the 19th, it's likely that the Medical report is in their system but the Consular hasn't begun working on it. I sense that 4-6 weeks is a very realistic timeline. I've already preemptively prepared myself I'll still be in Canada until mid-January. I've hit my 3 weeks as well this week.

Timeline
On 12/7/2021 at 3:27 PM, Lemonslice said:

Will do. I hit the 5 week mark already. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, @bicksley said:

Received email this morning that our medical has been received and is now under review. Getting there! 4 week mark. 

Super! I had a "case update" yesterday as well after a month since my Medical results had been in their system. I'm relieved to hear things are finally moving along!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

No further updates on my end (except for the Dec 15 case update). They were open Dec 29-30 and will resume again Jan 4. Most of us waiting have had their case updated just before the holidays so I suppose they're trying to sort out the backlogs. Hopefully good news in the next couple weeks. Keep us posted.

Timeline
2 hours ago, pow123 said:

Does the consulate hold on to your passport for the entire 4-8 weeks?

Sometimes. If they need "further additional processing", they'll send an email to let you know they're returning your passport and to resend it when they're good and ready. In most cases, they seem to keep passports. You can always request to have it returned if you need to travel promptly.

9 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

Sometimes. If they need "further additional processing", they'll send an email to let you know they're returning your passport and to resend it when they're good and ready. In most cases, they seem to keep passports. You can always request to have it returned if you need to travel promptly.

Would it be possible to request they not take my passport during the interview if my medical is not yet done?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.