@bicksley

Refused Visa - Processing Times

70 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all, 

Do we have a timeline for the processing wait time? My husband had everything approved at his interview on the 10th, medical on the 16th and I can see on our Visa Status Check that our case was updated on the 23rd (I assume that means that it was received). Has anyone been in the same position and can give me an expected wait time? Can we expect 5-7 business days for this as well?

Edited by @bicksley

Timeline
7 minutes ago, @bicksley said:

Hi all, 

Do we have a timeline for the processing wait time? My husband had everything approved at his interview on the 10th, medical on the 16th and I can see on our Visa Status Check that our case was updated on the 23rd (I assume that means that it was received). Has anyone been in the same position and can give me an expected wait time? Can we expect 5-7 business days for this as well?

Hey! I had my interview on November 8th and was issued a 221g form due to medical not being received on time.  Medical was sent on November 9th. I've heard nothing. My case was updated on November 24th and again on November 26th but is still in administrative processing. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, @bicksley said:

Hi all, 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Linzychuk said:

Hey! I had my interview on November 8th and was issued a 221g form due to medical not being received on time.  Medical was sent on November 9th. I've heard nothing. My case was updated on November 24th and again on November 26th but is still in administrative processing. 

Ok, that is good to know. My husband was not given a 221g. Did they give you a timeline at all? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, @bicksley said:

Ok, that is good to know. My husband was not given a 221g. Did they give you a timeline at all? 

No time line. I know one person who had their interview on the 9th, medical received in the 10th and zero news. There is another individual on here that had their interview November 2nd and medical was recieved on the 4th, I believe...they're also still waiting, I asked them to keep me updated. 

Timeline
On 12/1/2021 at 11:57 AM, @bicksley said:

Hi all, 

HI! I had a similar timeline; Nov. 10 interview, Medical updated at the Consulate Nov 16. I also received a 221g form due to Medical being delayed. The officer said it would take 2-3 weeks to approve. He kept my passport. Hope this helps but keep us posted if you hear anything else.

Timeline

**UPDATE 12/6

We heard back from the embassy today and were once again refused. SO frustrating. They said that they had not yet received our medical forms.... So the forms have once again been submitted and we wait yet again. What an incredibly frustrating day. Hope others have received better news today! 

Timeline
54 minutes ago, @bicksley said:

**UPDATE 12/6

We heard back from the embassy today and were once again refused. SO frustrating. They said that they had not yet received our medical forms.... So the forms have once again been submitted and we wait yet again. What an incredibly frustrating day. Hope others have received better news today! 

You could contact the medical centre and verify that they've sent it. When I did my Medical, I received an email from Medysis confirming they've electronically sent it to the Consulate and they've also sent me a pdf copy of my vaccination records. I suspect the consulate is overloaded and from the sounds of it they've got a large caseload of people under "administrative processing" and pending documents to review.

Timeline

@Redie I just received an email today from the Consulate confirming they received my Medical Forms and that they'll forward my email to the "Visa Unit". The email I sent was on Nov 25. Here's hoping something will move forward sooner than later. I reckon that when it was electronically sent by the Medical Office, it doesn't necessarily mean that the actual consulate officer has taken a look at the new files. Here was the email I received.

"Good day,

Thank you for informing us.

We acknowledge the receipt of your medical exam. Your email has been forwarded to our Visa Unit for review, and you will be contacted with further instructions as soon as possible.

Best regards,

OP06    "

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

@Redie I just received an email today from the Consulate confirming they received my Medical Forms and that they'll forward my email to the "Visa Unit". The email I sent was on Nov 25. Here's hoping something will move forward sooner than later. I reckon that when it was electronically sent by the Medical Office, it doesn't necessarily mean that the actual consulate officer has taken a look at the new files. Here was the email I received.

"Good day,

Thank you for informing us.

We acknowledge the receipt of your medical exam. Your email has been forwarded to our Visa Unit for review, and you will be contacted with further instructions as soon as possible.

Best regards,

OP06    "

So happy you received that response. I sent an email on November 25th and I just received a generic response back again today. Your email sounds promising! Can I ask what you wrote in your email to them? Maybe there was something that caught their attention! Hoping you get your visa soon!

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Redie said:

So happy you received that response. I sent an email on November 25th and I just received a generic response back again today. Your email sounds promising! Can I ask what you wrote in your email to them? Maybe there was something that caught their attention! Hoping you get your visa soon!

I got the same generic response as well on Nov. 25. I wasn't too hopeful for a response either as I'm sure they have tons of people wondering where their files went. This is what I wrote to them (short and sweet) :

Hello!

Please see the update/uploaded (CEAC) of the Completed Medical exam as requested for processing of CR1 Visa.

Regards,
X

Timeline
1 minute ago, CAN_PA said:

I got the same generic response as well on Nov. 25. I wasn't too hopeful for a response either as I'm sure they have tons of people wondering where their files went. This is what I wrote to them (short and sweet) :

Hello!

Please see the update/uploaded (CEAC) of the Completed Medical exam as requested for processing of CR1 Visa.

Regards,
X

Did you upload your medical report yourself? My report was submitted electronically  to the consulate by the Dr’s office.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Redie said:

Did you upload your medical report yourself? My report was submitted electronically  to the consulate by the Dr’s office.

No. It was electronically submitted by the Medical office (Medysis). They sent me a confirmation email that it had been transferred to the Consulate on Nov 16  which updated on my CEAC. I hadn't had any further updates after that which made me suspect that an Officer hasn't reviewed/seen it, hence my email to notify them that it's been uploaded into their system.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, CAN_PA said:

No. It was electronically submitted by the Medical office (Medysis). They sent me a confirmation email that it had been transferred to the Consulate on Nov 16  which updated on my CEAC. I hadn't had any further updates after that which made me suspect that an Officer hasn't reviewed/seen it, hence my email to notify them that it's been uploaded into their system.

Your email response from consulate  does sound promising. The consulate responded to my email on 11/18/21 confirming they  had received  my medical. That was the last date my case was updated. I emailed them again on 11/25/21 and just received a generic response today with no status update. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.