Crtcl Rice Theory

Custom teed for NB: A Ford Executive Told Potential Mustang Mach-E Buyer It’d Probably Be Better To Buy A Tesla

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

After being unable to avoid a big dealer markup on a Ford Mustang Mach-E, a potential customer escalated the matter. The Ford executive who responded told the potential Ford Mustang Mach-E buyer that it would be easier for them to just buy a Tesla Model 3 (there are no markups and no haggling with Tesla) instead of preordering the Ford Mustang Mach-E. This is according to a report from our friends over on Teslarati.

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/11/24/a-ford-executive-told-potential-mustang-mach-e-buyer-itd-probably-be-better-to-buy-a-tesla/amp/

2 hours ago, Crtcl Rice Theory said:

After being unable to avoid a big dealer markup on a Ford Mustang Mach-E, a potential customer escalated the matter. The Ford executive who responded told the potential Ford Mustang Mach-E buyer that it would be easier for them to just buy a Tesla Model 3 (there are no markups and no haggling with Tesla) instead of preordering the Ford Mustang Mach-E. This is according to a report from our friends over on Teslarati.

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/11/24/a-ford-executive-told-potential-mustang-mach-e-buyer-itd-probably-be-better-to-buy-a-tesla/amp/

There is a huge story out there of a guy that ordered a bronco at MSRP and waited a long time on it. When it came in the sold it to someone else at a huge markup. It was all over the news. Ford even got involved 

1 hour ago, LIBrty4all said:

Tesla DOES have the best sales model I have ever seen when it comes to cars.  Try pre-ordering a Honda or Toyota these days.

You have never been able to order a Toyota and never will. If you are speaking about reserving a allocated unit we do it it all the time. I have to sold that will be here in mid Dec.

To add. Toyota does not build to order. They build whatever they build and it gets allocated.  Dealers often swap allocation or trade with other dealers what they have on the lot. Use to have on the lot anyway 

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Ten days ago my daughter put a deposit down for a model Y Tesla, the SUV.

She was told it should be delivered by October 2022.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

You have never been able to order a Toyota and never will. If you are speaking about reserving a allocated unit we do it it all the time. I have to sold that will be here in mid Dec.

To add. Toyota does not build to order. They build whatever they build and it gets allocated.  Dealers often swap allocation or trade with other dealers what they have on the lot. Use to have on the lot anyway 

Thanks for backing up what I said.  

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Sounds like she was suckered into something?

https://insideevs.com/news/538837/tesla-delivery-time-extended/ 

34 minutes ago, Neonred said:

We had one on our lot. Not sure what model. It was around 60k. If we saw someone looking at it we ran in the other direction.  It attracted a inordinate amount of people that just wanted to drive one as the battery got lower and lower. Totally not our market.  Thank God he got rid of it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

We had one on our lot. Not sure what model. It was around 60k. If we saw someone looking at it we ran in the other direction.  It attracted a inordinate amount of people that just wanted to drive one as the battery got lower and lower. Totally not our market.  Thank God he got rid of it. 

I told my daughter she was nuts and if it were me I'd be looking very seriously at the new Camry hybrid.  The one I had from 2011 or 2012, can't remember, she still drives at about 180,000 miles.  No issues.   Back then it was 33mpg city or highway.  I see now they advertise around 50mpg.  One can buy a lot of gas with the $25,000 savings over the Tesla.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

Just now, Neonred said:

I told my daughter she was nuts and if it were me I'd be looking very seriously at the new Camry hybrid.  The one I had from 2011 or 2012, can't remember, she still drives at about 180,000 miles.  No issues.   Back then it was 33mpg city or highway.  I see now they advertise around 50mpg.  One can buy a lot of gas with the $25,000 savings over the Tesla.

Indeed. I forgot if I mentioned.  I just got a Platinum highlander.  Sweet ride. Going to Atl in that vs the Rav4 is like night and day. Should have got the hybrid but didn't want to wait.

Getting flat cost pricing on new and the insane trade values for used is a no brainer

Timeline
Just now, Neonred said:

Once can buy a whole lotta ICE car vs. a hybrid, too.  It takes over seven years to break even on the cost of the average hybrid vs. the same model ICE vehicle.

Also, a 2021 Camry Hybrid SE is $31,467.  A 2021 Tesla Model 3 is $43,190.  Less than $12k difference.  I agree, still not a viable price-point difference.  But... the Tesla is about 10 times more FUN to drive than that sluggish Camry, if truth be told.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

If brand new (probably not, in your scenario), the Model Y performance goes for about $60k.  

Dunno why customers would want to drive "yours"?  Tesla has free test drives at all their sales locations.  The only thing is that usually it's only the base models, as the higher-trim lines sell so fast, they cannot afford to keep a demo on the lot.

Timeline
1 minute ago, LIBrty4all said:

Once can buy a whole lotta ICE car vs. a hybrid, too.  It takes over seven years to break even on the cost of the average hybrid vs. the same model ICE vehicle.

Also, a 2021 Camry Hybrid SE is $31,467.  A 2021 Tesla Model 3 is $43,190.  Less than $12k difference.  I agree, still not a viable price-point difference.  But... the Tesla is about 10 times more FUN to drive than that sluggish Camry, if truth be told.

I am not so impressed with the model 3.  A friend has one, and pre-pandemic four of us went to a concert in Miami in it.  Going over I sat up front.  It was OK but the ride is harsh and choppy.  He planned to recharge at a location close to the venue.  Unfortunately there was no available charger.  Decided to recharge on the way home at the Miccosukee Indian reservation that has a super charger, the only one on the way across the state.  We just barley made it, and as he pulled in it came up with a message of insufficient charge.  On the way home I was sitting in the back, and my God that was so uncomfortable.  Seat is too straight up and not enough room for feet.  I would never be interested.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LIBrty4all said:

.  A 2021 Tesla Model 3 is $43,190. 

Except you can't get one at that price.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Indeed. I forgot if I mentioned.  I just got a Platinum highlander. 

at least now you can honestly say you have platinum...............

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!