Transcom123

Joint Sponsor Qualification

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello Guys

1- My wife didn't meet the required income on 2020 ( AGI on her Tax transcripts for ( 2020 and 2019)

2- My wife 's  (Primary sponsor )  current income is above the required income for 2021 26k for two persons ( me and her )  , and we submitted a employment letterhead with some paysubs.

3- To be safe we are using a joint sponsor ( a business owner ( S corporation) his 2020 AGID is 42 k.125 whihc is above the required income for 5 persons 38k and his currenct income is 42k for 2021

we submitted his business licence+registration + 3 most tax transcripts+ bank statements for the previous 6 months + his 3 most recents business tax transcripts+ + his i864

4- my joint sponsor filled married jointly with his wife ( unemployed ) but we submitted her i864a

Qdo you think guys that my joint sponsor is qualified to sponsor me ? 

Q : could the CO ask me to find another joint sponsor ?

Thanks for the replies

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Your wife is as sufficient as your joint sponsor for the sponsorship if they are to consider an income marginally above the poverty guideline. Tough call. It all depends on the CO. Having another jointsponsor with a bit higher income handy is god.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
4 minutes ago, arken said:

Your wife is as sufficient as your joint sponsor for the sponsorship if they are to consider an income marginally above the poverty guideline. Tough call. It all depends on the CO. Having another jointsponsor with a bit higher income handy is god.

Hello

so you think my wife income is enough to sponsor me ?

you think the joint sponsor cant be my sponsor even with his 42k ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

Hello

As @arken wrote it will depend on the CO.  

We see cases that meet the letter of the requirements get denied or get an RFE for a better joint sponsor all the time.  

It seems that State and USCIS prefer a track record of stable ot growing income over the past 3 years and the current year, especially when the income is under $30K per year for a family of 2.  

Also cases invoking self employed sponsors seem to challenge the skills and knowledge of COs and IOs.  

You won’t know until the case is processed / interviewed.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

Hello

43  K the business income or personal income?

Timeline
Just now, Mike E said:

As @arken wrote it will depend on the CO.  

We see cases that meet the letter of the requirements get denied or get an RFE for a better joint sponsor all the time.  

It seems that State and USCIS prefer a track record of stable ot growing income over the past 3 years and the current year, especially when the income is under $30K per year for a family of 2.  

You won’t know until the case is processed / interviewed.  

Thanks for your answer 

I already used my wife as primary sponor and the joint sponsor but im wondering if the joint sponsor with all the details above can be qualified or not .

1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

43  K the business income or personal income?

42k for his personal income AGI , the business is 246k

Timeline
Just now, Transcom123 said:

Thanks for your answer 

I already used my wife as primary sponor and the joint sponsor but im wondering if the joint sponsor with all the details above can be qualified or not .

And my answer is the same.  It depends.  

I would not be surprised if you get an RFE for a second joint sponsor.  

I once suggested to a paralegal that it ought to be possible for an immigration attorney to carve out a separate practice that specializes in just the I-864 and he agreed.  It is a complex and confusing form and so is the law around it.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

Thanks for your answer 

42k for his personal income AGI , the business is 246k

good 

did NVC say the petition's income was not enough ? 

and that's why u look for joint sponsor?

Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

good 

did NVC say the petition's income was not enough ? 

and that's why u look for joint sponsor?

No not yet we just sumbitted the docs since two weeks ago and im just trying to find a way to be well sponsored before going to see the CO 

Timeline

Make sure NVC has the information on a joint sponsor'

if u plan to just take it to an interview ,  the CO probably will not look at the additional information

seen this happen :

someone has documents with him/her at interview and CO gives 221g asking for the same exact paperwork

I think sometimes it makes a difference if the CO is an American and knows the real cost of living per area

u are Wilson NC and that's a lot different than NYC or Miami or the states of Connecticut and California

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

Hello

I'm saying:

Your's wife income of 26K is marginally higher than the required income of 22K. Technically you don't need a joint sponsor but sometimes yes they ask because it's marginally above.

You have a joint sponsor but his income is also marginally above the requirement. 

so it's a toss up.

Spouse:

Myself:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Make sure NVC has the information on a joint sponsor'

if u plan to just take it to an interview ,  the CO probably will not look at the additional information

seen this happen :

someone has documents with him/her at interview and CO gives 221g asking for the same exact paperwork

I think sometimes it makes a difference if the CO is an American and knows the real cost of living per area

u are Wilson NC and that's a lot different than NYC or Miami or the states of Connecticut and California

to be safe i use my wife and the joint sponsor and i submitted all the required docs , yes you totaly right Wilson NC us very cheap and different than any other places in THE US 

Timeline
Just now, arken said:

I'm saying:

Your's wife income of 26K is marginally higher than the required income of 22K. Technically you don't need a joint sponsor but sometimes yes they ask because it's marginally above.

You have a joint sponsor but his income is also marginally above the requirement. 

so it's a toss up.

Yes you right but i added the joint sponsor to be safe as the CO can ask my wife tax transcript of 2020 /2019 which is very low than the requirement

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

There are Consular Officers in USA embassies and consulates who are not citizens of the USA?

I am surprised.  That’s a massive national Security risk.  

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Transcom123 said:

Yes you right but i added the joint sponsor to be safe as the CO can ask my wife tax transcript of 2020 /2019 which is very low than the requirement

The joint sponsor's income is also marginally above the requirement and with his 5 household size. That's why i'l saying the CO could go either way, approve it or ask of anither one.

Spouse:

Myself:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.