Tim&Pashy

Notification from NVC

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

I received my second NoA from the USCIS about a month ago and in the letter it said it would take the NVC about 2-4 weeks to process. Should I be on the lookout for some kind of confirmation in the mail or are they only sending the info to my overseas fiancee?

Sent I-129F: 02/04/2021 | NOA1 Received: 03/18/2021 NOA2 Received: 10/16/2021 NVC Case# Received: 11/04/2021 | Consulate Received: 11/25/2021 | Ready Status: 12/21/21

DS-160 Paid/Interview Scheduled: 01/02/2022 | Medical: 02/02/2022 | Interview: 02/16/2022 | Administrative Processing: 04/14/2022 | Visa Approved: 06/30/2022 | Visa In Hand: 07/21/2022

Entered USA: 07/28/2022 | Married: 08/18/2022 | Filed I-485, I-765, I-131: 09/08/2022 | NOA: 09/15/2022

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

In my case they didn’t send any notification to say they’d received the file from USCIS or that they’d processed anything. Only when they finally sent the file off to the embassy in my fiancé’s country, that’s when I received an email from them. However after a couple of weeks you can call NVC, speak to a rep, and get your case number. With that you will be able to log in to the State Dept CEAC system and at least check on the status there. Btw, calling NVC when they first open in the morning or when they’re about to close at night seems to be when the wait time is the shortest. 

Edited by MCOBAQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 hours ago, Tim&Pashy said:

I received my second NoA from the USCIS about a month ago and in the letter it said it would take the NVC about 2-4 weeks to process. Should I be on the lookout for some kind of confirmation in the mail or are they only sending the info to my overseas fiancee?

You can call the NVC to get your case number and invoice ID 

I did recieve an email from NVC after the case was transferred from the NVC to the Embassy (After a week of that actually)

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

On 11/14/2021 at 10:26 PM, Tim&Pashy said:

I am in the same situation as you. We did as the letter said wait till the 30 days and sent an email to the NVC, we again writte our emails to let them know we would like to recieved any notification about our case status. And now i am trying to comunicate with them but is hard they answer the phone. 

I guess it can happen as @MCOBAQ said in some cases they will let us know till they send the file to the embassy.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

I am in the same situation as you. We did as the letter said wait till the 30 days and sent an email to the NVC, we again writte our emails to let them know we would like to recieved any notification about our case status. And now i am trying to comunicate with them but is hard they answer the phone. 

I guess it can happen as @MCOBAQ said in some cases they will let us know till they send the file to the embassy.

Yeah I do not think they routinely let the U.S. petitioner know they received the file from USCIS. They send us an email once they send the file off to the embassy/consulate, and how long that takes all depends on the capacity at the embassy/consulate involved in your case. If you need to be in the know, like I was, best bet is to call NVC when they open in the morning or shortly before they close at night and talk to a rep. Person I talked to was very nice, confirmed they had our case, and gave me the case number that will be used from then on throughout the process. With that case number, you can log in and check case status at CEAC going forward and not have to call anymore.    

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.