Somebunny1977

No ais.usvisa-info.com IR1/CR1 Appointments at CDJ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

The official Ciudad Juarez Chihuahua Mexico consulate news bulletin claims operations resumed in April 2021 for cancelled appointments due to COVID pandemic, and fully as of June 2021. My Immigrant Visa case was originally filed in 2013, and there have been so many roadblocks, I'm incessantly awaiting progress and approval. The visa applicant case was expedited to the CDJ Consulate back in 2018 and thus I was never given any official appointment letter, only to apply for an appointment through https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv

However I needed to apply for the I-601A waiver first, which was cancelled once because an important evidence request letter back in Jan 2019 was 'undeliverable' and I did not find out until I manually looked up the USCIS receipt. So we refiled the I-601 in June 2019 and was finally approved April 2020. I Immediately filed the DS-260 form and it's complete. Since then I have been looking up on the ais us visa website for an appointment date, but none has come up, even as of today Nov 2021. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. The NVC is no longer involved because my case is at the consulate (expedited before) and last time I contacted them via email (mail contact of any kind has been discontinued, all electronic) they say my case is with the consulate. I have called the AIS Consular IV Support hotline and they say they don't have any appointments available, and to check later. Is anyone having luck at CDJ MEXICO scheduling appointments through https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mx/iv ?

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 5.15.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 5.05.21 PM.png

• 3 weeks later...

Any luck?   You normally have to keep calling as technically the only spousals that self schedule are directly filed with the consulate.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Any luck?   You normally have to keep calling as technically the only spousals that self schedule are directly filed with the consulate.

No luck, I keep checking daily and nothing comes up. It seems they've changed their way of handling visa interview appointments, meaning one cannot book themselves an appointment online despite being previously instructed to by the consulate in writing (my case). My NVC case was expedited to the consulate and I was instructed to use their website to schedule an interview. I'm seeing so many people on this forum ending up with appointments, which means they're operating. I am going to try calling them daily daily until maybe they're tired of hearing from me and hopefully escalate my issue to a supervisor. Also thinking of just restarting the whole NVC side of the visa application if possible. It's like a $650 application, but this waiting is very cumbersome and confusing seeing they're back in operation.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 12/5/2021 at 4:34 PM, Somebunny1977 said:

No luck, I keep checking daily and nothing comes up. It seems they've changed their way of handling visa interview appointments, meaning one cannot book themselves an appointment online despite being previously instructed to by the consulate in writing (my case). My NVC case was expedited to the consulate and I was instructed to use their website to schedule an interview. I'm seeing so many people on this forum ending up with appointments, which means they're operating. I am going to try calling them daily daily until maybe they're tired of hearing from me and hopefully escalate my issue to a supervisor. Also thinking of just restarting the whole NVC side of the visa application if possible. It's like a $650 application, but this waiting is very cumbersome and confusing seeing they're back in operation.

Someone who I knew did it years ago had to keep refreshing the page every 5-10 minutes every day until an appointment showed up, looked like it was a cancellation.

it's 2 interviews now which complicates things.

I saw a general notice about waiving temporary work visa interviews, would be nice if that helped to speed things up.

I know people have gotten appointments for February.

You need to contact them via the instructions here: https://mx.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas-information/ Explain that your I-601was approved and your case needs to be manually scheduled as it's no longer at NVC. The instructions and contact links are at the bottom of the page.

How to Request an Emergency Immigrant Visa Appointment 

Emergencyappointmentcriteria are the same for cases at the National Visa Center or the Consulate General. 

• For cases at the National Visa Center (NVC), applicants or attorneys should use the form here . 
  • For cases already transferred to theU.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez,applicantsshould use the form here . 
  • For cases already transferred to theU.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez,attorneysshould use the form here .

Please include a contact email address. Be prepared to provide evidence of essential employment, medical diagnoses, approved I-601 or I-212, or other documents relevant to your case, in PDF format, upon email request. 

If your request for emergency processing is approved, the Consulate may contact you by email or phone or physical mail, to schedule an interview appointment. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 1/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, limegreenbowler said:

You need to contact them via the instructions here: https://mx.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas-information/ Explain that your I-601was approved and your case needs to be manually scheduled as it's no longer at NVC. The instructions and contact links are at the bottom of the page.

How to Request an Emergency Immigrant Visa Appointment 

Emergencyappointmentcriteria are the same for cases at the National Visa Center or the Consulate General. 

• For cases at the National Visa Center (NVC), applicants or attorneys should use the form here . 
  • For cases already transferred to theU.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez,applicantsshould use the form here . 
  • For cases already transferred to theU.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez,attorneysshould use the form here .

Please include a contact email address. Be prepared to provide evidence of essential employment, medical diagnoses, approved I-601 or I-212, or other documents relevant to your case, in PDF format, upon email request. 

If your request for emergency processing is approved, the Consulate may contact you by email or phone or physical mail, to schedule an interview appointment. 

Received the same regurgitated explanations from the mx embassy website after requesting an appointment, long before your reply.

---

"*** Do not reply to this email. The Consulate will only respond to inquiries made through the online inquiry form. ***

Dear ******

Thank you for your November 14, 2021,  inquiry regarding the immigrant visa case (CDJ2013******).
The U.S. Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez is conducting routine immigrant visa operations, scheduling thousands of socially distanced interviews each week in all immigrant visa categories.  This includes applicants whose cases are already at the Consulate, and applicants whose cases remain at the National Visa Center (NVC).  Cases at NVC are being scheduled in the order that they became documentarily complete. 
If you cannot wait for your routine immigrant visa appointment due to an emergency, please see the Emergency Appointment Criteria and instructions here: https://mx.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas-information/

We hope this information is useful in responding to your questions. Please direct all immigrant inquiries through our online form at: https://forms.office.com/g/3M1xhUFpM0 or nonimmigrant inquiries at: https://forms.office.com/g/sXXCKHTKwJ

Inquiries sent by postal mail will face significant delays in processing.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit
U.S. Consulate General Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
/md

Webpage: https://mx.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/ciudad-juarez/

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202].  Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222 (f) and as specified in FAM guidance.  If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.
Cualquier información en esta transmisión perteneciente a la emisión o rechazo de visas o permisos para ingresar a los Estados Unidos será considerada confidencial conforme a la Sección 222 (f) de la Ley de Inmigración y Nacionalidad (INA) [8 U.S.C. Sección 1202].  El acceso y uso de tal información debe ser únicamente para la formulación, enmienda, administración o cumplimiento de las leyes de inmigración, la nacionalidad y otras leyes de los Estados Unidos bajo la sección de INA 222 (f) y como se especifica en la guía del FAM.  Si usted ha recibido tal información por error, no la revise, la retransmita, divulgue, revele, utilice ni tome ninguna acción en relación con esta información y póngase en contacto con el remitente cuanto antes.

Immigrant visa case number: CDJ2013*******

Full name of applicant: *******

Full name of petitioner: *********
Applicant's date of birth: **********

Visa category:  IR1

Hague adoption case: No

Full name of prospective adoptive parents:

Adoption Service Provider:

Inquirer's full name: ***********

Inquirer's email address: ********

Inquirer's phone number: *******

Subject: Reschedule missed appointment/Re-agendar mi entrevista

Approved waiver? Yes/Sí

Waiver type:  I-601A 

Receipt Number: LIN1990****** 05/07/2020

Question:  I was awaiting approval for my I-601A waiver with USCIS and could not attend an interview at the Ciudad Juarez Consulate. I'm requesting a new biometrics and consular interview date since I have not been contacted or given instructions by the consulate at all since operations resumed after the COVID-19 presidential proclamation restrictions. My case was expedited to the Ciudad Juarez Consulate General in June 2018, but was awaiting my I-601A approval notice before the interview, of which I have provided the USCIS Approval Receipt Number and Date above. Please update my physical and mailing address to: “*************”"

Edited by Somebunny1977

Timeline

Received the same regurgitated explanations from the mx embassy website after requesting an appointment, long before your reply. Very upset there's so system to check on my case and phone calls they just say they don't have an appointment open. I see so many people who have filed an IR-2 within the last 2 years get appointments in CDJ when my case has been expedited and ready with the I-601a long before. Thinking of just paying the $1200 for all the I-765 & I-485, and process everything inside the US with USCIS instead of NVC & the consulate. What do you think? I-601a waiver was approved 05/2020, almost 2 years!! My online visa application DS-260 will expire in 04/2022 in a few weeks, will have to redo it and don't know how it plays in all this "...in the order the cases were documentarily completed" meaning the consulate is operating by.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed due to personal information showing. Please repost your question without all the personal information showing. VJ can be read by anyone and some with not the best intentions.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 1 year later...

*** Old thread locked to further comment, and removed post for editing another member's comment into a different language.  You may post your own non-English comments here in the regional forum, but please keep quoted texts in the language it was originally written by the member you are quoting. ***

Edited by Chancy

• Chancy locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.