Kimchi&Burrito

Filling the Form I-129F -QUESTIONS- we need some of your help!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, everyone! 

Me and my fiancé are new to this process. We are doing this by ourselves but after research a lot, we couldn´t find some of the answers related to the form I-129F and no lawyer wanted to d do consultation, they wanted to have the entire case (process). So we hope you can help us with this one! I know that some questions might be a little weird but is something that make us being doubt whether to send it or not. I hope you can help us! Here the soup:

1. Can my beneficiary have a job in Mexico (she is from México) while we go through the K-1 process (she is a psychologist)? 
  2. She had a SSN that assigned to her during the J-1 visa that says valid for work only with DHS authorization. The date stamped on it is 5/11/2021. Should she put this as her US SSN on Form 1-129F or no?
  3. Nicknames, is that necessary if it is only what friends call me (me, the petitioner) and no legal documentation has that name? Part 1 Question 7 I put N/A for those nonapplicable sections?
  4. What if I don’t know my mom’s birthday? (as a petitioner)
  5. Part 1 question 41 leave blank?
  6. Im (petitioner) planning to move next year (may/june 2022) what do I have to do if I wrote the actual address that the beneficiary intends to live, but I will move out?
  7. Can we do an engagement party or its better just to make an announcement in our social media? 
  8. Is the au pair program (the company) the employer, or the host family?
  9. Rebeca last name afterwards (To all mexican people... how did you write your names onf the form?) I know that we don´t have middle name. Beneficiary´s name is 2 NAMES AND 2 LAST NAMES. 
  10. Unpaid internship count as employment history for the beneficiary?
  11. People from mexico, did you write Mexico or Estados Unidos Mexicanos in the form? 
  12. Beneficiary did an aupair program. She lived in one address first (the paperwork has the address and the lenght of stay), then she did a rematch and switch to other address (where she lived for the rest of the program, and when she moved out with the second family the aupair company sent her the same form with the same lenght of stay as the first one) . Example: 
    1. Certificate of elegibility J-1 no-immigrant. Primary site of activity: 15623 Mahana SE 92nd Pl Tampa, Florida. Form covers period: From: 03/05/2020 To: 03/05/2021
    2. Certificate of elegibility J-1 no-immigrant. Primary site of activity: 45655 Lovehse 23rd pl Miami, Florida. Form covers period: From: 03/05/2020 To: 03/05/2021
    3. Our question is if we need to write down all the addresses even tho the 2 forms have the same address and time period... or we have to write the dates when beneficiary moved in and out REAL even the forms have the time line as the same? OR we have to write just the last form? 
  13. Fiance (Beneficiary) had a WA state driver license that expires in 2026 (she got it when she was under J1 VISA). If she comes back in the U.S. will she be able to drive/get assigned a new driver license? I heard she couldn’t drive.
  14. does withdraw application have impact on getting the k1 visa? :C 

Sorry! I know is a lot but this is the only things that are holding us back from send the application! Thanks you for all your kind support! I hope you can help us!

love bb.png

*** Removed duplicate thread in another sub-forum ***

18 minutes ago, Kimchi&Burrito said:

Me and my fiancé are new to this process. We are doing this by ourselves

Before we go through your form questions, any particular reason you decided to pursue K1, instead of marrying already and pursuing CR1 spouse visa instead?

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Removed duplicate thread in another sub-forum ***

Before we go through your form questions, any particular reason you decided to pursue K1, instead of marrying already and pursuing CR1 spouse visa instead?

Hi Chanzy, 

Thanks for read our post and for taking the time to help us! 

Well.. for the spouse Visa it takes a few months longer to process than the k1 and honestly, we dont want to be apart for that long (you know long distance relationships are hard and we just want to be together hehe)and, for the spouse visa we need to meet some requirements that right now it´s hard to achive due pandemic (and time) and, it would take extra longer to meet them so, in our research, this option was the best one.  

1 hour ago, Kimchi&Burrito said:

Hi Chanzy, 

Well.. for the spouse Visa it takes a few months longer to process than the k1 and honestly, we dont want to be apart for that long (you know long distance relationships are hard and we just want to be together hehe)and, for the spouse visa we need to meet some requirements that right now it´s hard to achive due pandemic (and time) and, it would take extra longer to meet them so, in our research, this option was the best one.  

There is no measurable difference in the K-1 vs CR-1 timelines currently.  The long wait times for interviews in CJD apply to all.

I'm not sure which requirements you believe you don't meet for the CR-1, but the financial requirements are identical.

The advantage to the CR-1 is that she could drive, work, and travel immediately.  With the K-1, she will have to wait at least 8 months after arriving to the US to do those things.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

There is no measurable difference in the K-1 vs CR-1 timelines currently.  The long wait times for interviews in CJD apply to all.

I'm not sure which requirements you believe you don't meet for the CR-1, but the financial requirements are identical.

The advantage to the CR-1 is that she could drive, work, and travel immediately.  With the K-1, she will have to wait at least 8 months after arriving to the US to do those things.

Hi Jorgedig!

The requirements (for the CR-1) are having like joint lease agreement or owning property together because we live apart. We are filling in Washington and therefore if we fill for IR-VISA it would go to the Nebraska Service Center and right now the Nebraska Service Center takes 313 days avg and, the National Visa Center processing time is 367 days avg. 

If we fill for K1 it goes to the California Service Center and it takes 250 days and the National Visa Center processing time takes 102 days avg. 

Right now our priority is being together and, we want to have a wedding in the US. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kimchi&Burrito said:

Hi Jorgedig!

The requirements (for the CR-1) are having like joint lease agreement or owning property together because we live apart. We are filling in Washington and therefore if we fill for IR-VISA it would go to the Nebraska Service Center and right now the Nebraska Service Center takes 313 days avg and, the National Visa Center processing time is 367 days avg. 

If we fill for K1 it goes to the California Service Center and it takes 250 days and the National Visa Center processing time takes 102 days avg. 

Right now our priority is being together and, we want to have a wedding in the US. 

You won't know where your petition goes to. That's not true. I submitted for in July for a family and they went to Potomac, Texas and Vermont. Also regardless of of USCIS and NVC processing Ciudad is about 15 month wait for interview no matter what you file. And IR/CR will always be priority one.
There's no more getting to US faster with any Visa type. It's a massive wait for Ciudad just to let you know. And then forK1 the wait is even longer for Employment Authorization, so if your fiancee' is okay waiting 9 months or longer to be able to work. Then okay.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

3 hours ago, Kimchi&Burrito said:

Hi Jorgedig!

Unfortunately, you have incorrect information.

The dispatch of I-130 petitions is not related to the state of residence of the petitioner.

All I-129f petitions are adjudicated at the CSC.

There is no requirement for a joint lease agreement.  In fact, most married couples seeking a CR-1 have never lived together.

If you are basing these assumptions on what you see on YouTube, etc, I recommend using more legitimate sources for information.

5 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

wait times for interviews in CJD

K-1 and K-2 are currently being processed in CDMX; and IR-1/CR-1, etc. in CDJ.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas-information/ "K applicants with cases at NVC are being scheduled for appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City, in the order the cases were documentarily completed."

Edited by HRQX

1 minute ago, HRQX said:

K-1 is currently being processed in CDMX; and IR-1/CR-1 in CDJ.

https://mx.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas-information/ "K applicants with cases at NVC are being scheduled for appointments at the U.S. Embassy in Mexico City, in the order the cases were documentarily completed."

So how much time does that save, if any, overall?

10 hours ago, Kimchi&Burrito said:

in our research, this option was the best one.

Ok, I just wanted to check that you're aware of the constraints on K1 after US entry (not being able to legally work and travel/re-enter the US freely for around 6 months or more).  Hopefully, you've also done your research on the Adjustment of Status (AOS) process.  On to your questions --

• Can my beneficiary have a job in Mexico (she is from México) while we go through the K-1 process -- Yes.  She will be living outside the US, so she can work there while waiting on the K1.
  • Should she put this as her US SSN on Form 1-129F -- SSNs are assigned for life, so yes, enter beneficiary's SSN on part 2, item 3.
  • Nicknames, is that necessary if it is only what friends call me (me, the petitioner) -- Up to you.  Instructions say include nicknames.
  • What if I don’t know my mom’s birthday? (as a petitioner) -- Enter "Unknown".
  • Part 1 question 41 leave blank? -- Answer the question.
  • what do I have to do if I wrote the actual address that the beneficiary intends to live, but I will move out? -- Provide the new address on the DS-160 form when the case gets to the embassy stage.
  • Can we do an engagement party or its better just to make an announcement in our social media? -- Up to you.  There's no requirement for either engagement party or social media announcement.  Also, there have been VJ members denied K1 visas due to the consulate suspecting their engagement party of actually being a wedding.
  • Unpaid internship count as employment history for the beneficiary? -- Yes.
  • if we need to write down all the addresses -- Enter all addresses the beneficiary actually lived in and the actual start/end date of residence, regardless of how it's written on J1 forms.  Make sure there are no gaps in the timeline.
  • If she comes back in the U.S. will she be able to drive/get assigned a new driver license? -- Check WA DMV rules.
  • does withdraw application have impact on getting the k1 visa? -- What application do you mean?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

K1 visas are all going to the Mexico City embassy now. The CR1s have a year or more wait just to get an interview and that’s not counting waiting for all the first notices. K1 visas are taking about a year and a few months to get approved to go to USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, Kimchi&Burrito said:

You are significantly misinformed.

1.  There are no requirements such as you listed for spousal visas.

2.  The USCIS service center which processes your case is based on workload, not geography.

Every couple has their own priorities, and each couple must decide which visa is better for their situation.

K-1        
    More expensive than CR-1    
    Requires Adjustment of Status after marriage (expensive and requires a lot of paperwork)    
    Spouse can not leave the US until she/he receives approved Advance Parole (approx 6-8 months)    
    Spouse can not work until she/he receives EAD (approx 6-8 months)    
    Some people have had problems with driver licenses, Social Security cards, leases, bank account during this period    
    Spouse will not receive Green Card for many months after Adjustment of Status is filed.
    A denied K-1 is sent back to USCIS to expire

CR-1
    Less expensive than K-1    
    No Adjustment of Status(I-485, I-131, I-765) required.    
    Spouse can immediately travel outside the US    
    Spouse is authorized to work immediately upon arrival.    
    Spouse receives Social Security Card and Green Card within 2 or 3 weeks after entering the US    
    Opening a bank account, getting a driver's license, etc. are very easily accomplished with GC, SS card, and passport.

Spouse has legal permanent Resident status IMMEDIATELY upon entry to US.
  �

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
17 hours ago, Kimchi&Burrito said:

Many members here who opted for a K-1, regretted that decision later.  I have seen no spousal visa couple state they should have filed a K-1 instead.  Take that for it is worth.  Life is full of choice...and consequences.  Some decisions are emotional....some are practical.  Good luck on your journey. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.