zman90

RFE for Documents Already Submitted?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello,

I received an RFE this week for documents that I have already sent with my initial AOS package.

I am the petitioner, and they are asking me for proof that I am a US citizen. They want me to include either a picture of my passport or my birth certificate. When submitting my initial AOS, I included a picture of my passport.

They are also asking me for my wifes birth certificate, which was included in the package and has dutch/english side by side, so it is translated as requested.

And finally they are asking for our marriage license, which we also included a certified copy of in our AOS package.

I'm very confused - did the package potentially get destroyed mid delivery and they don't have all of our files or are they asking for something different than what I already submitted?

Is there a phone number I can dial to contact somebody working my case or should I just resubmit the documents they want (that were already submitted originally?) Fortunately, it looks like I can submit the files via the webpage so I'm hoping I can just PDF the files and attach them that way..

Thank you

Edited by zman90

2 minutes ago, zman90 said:

Hello,

I received an RFE this week for documents that I have already sent with my initial AOS package.

I am the petitioner, and they are asking me for proof that I am a US citizen. They want me to include either a picture of my passport or my birth certificate. When submitting my initial AOS, I included a picture of my passport.

They are also asking me for my wifes birth certificate, which was included in the package and has dutch/english side by side, so it is translated as requested.

And finally they are asking for our marriage license, which we also included a certified copy of in our AOS package.

I'm very confused - did the package potentially get destroyed mid delivery and they don't have all of our files or are they asking for something different than what I already submitted?

Is there a phone number I can dial to contact somebody working my case or should I just resubmit the documents they want (that were already submitted originally?) Fortunately, it looks like I can submit the files via the webpage so I'm hoping I can just PDF the files and attach them that way..

Thank you

Resubmit what they’re asking for, and make sure the images are excellent, or the copies are the best quality you can get.

Sometimes they lose thing, yes, but if you submitted substandard copies that couldn’t be read, that could be the reason.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Just now, Jorgedig said:

Resubmit what they’re asking for, and make sure the images are excellent, or the copies are the best quality you can get.

Sometimes they lose thing, yes, but if you submitted substandard copies that couldn’t be read, that could be the reason.

Okay, I will resubmit. I imagine the fact that they gave me the ability to submit online means that it's okay to do so instead of mailing it in?

Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

When we signed into the USCIS website for my wife's AOS, we saw that all of the documents we sent had been scanned and uploaded for us to view on the website. Some of the scans were terrible quality and couldn't be read. They should have access to the physical copies as well, so I'm not sure why it would be a problem, but perhaps this is the reason for the RFE? If so, I suspect we will be receiving an RFE as well for some of the documents with unreadable scans...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.