vaindioux

What does "Estimated time until case decision " mean?

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I filed in January 2021 and they sent me a notice that they received it. When I log in my INS account, what does "Estimated time until case decision " mean?

Does it mean a decision will be taken if they schedule my naturalization interview or does it means it's the actual interview?

I am 24 days away but it's been going up and down drastically.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

Most people say that it is not 100% accurate. That number changes all the time. In my case,  it became specially  inaccurate at the end. it said something like 6 or 9 months right before the time my interview was scheduled. I was a US citizen couple weeks later. 

what was surprisingly accurate for me was the estimated time in the uscis website. Not the personalized one but the general estimate based on my field office. It took exactly 13 months from the time I sent the documents until the day I got my certificate on hand. That was the estimate for a N400 in my field office. Maybe coincidence  

This page: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Interestingly... The day before my wife filled out the N-400 online, on Ocober 1, 2021, it said 13 months was the estimate for her field office. After she filled out the N-400, her personal one changed to 7 months.  We got an email today stating something has changed. We logged in and it shows that they have scheduled her interview for Dec 14, 2021, wowsa!! We were expecting at least 7 months, if not 13 month.  It has only been 39 days and they've scheduled her interview for December 14th!   Interestingly that estimated timeframenow says 13 months again, so I wouldn't put much credence in the estimated timeframe 

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 11:57 AM, vaindioux said:

Hi

I filed in January 2021 and they sent me a notice that they received it. When I log in my INS account, what does "Estimated time until case decision " mean?

Does it mean a decision will be taken if they schedule my naturalization interview or does it means it's the actual interview?

I am 24 days away but it's been going up and down drastically.

Thanks a lot

Patrick

It means that is the estimated time it took uscis to process 90% of applications on that category which you applied  for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.