elkski

RFE Can I submit some info now and some later?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My RFE was asking for new I 864, copy of taxes  (not just transcript) and some stuff about her birth certificate.

Do I include some cover letter/explanation page?

Can I submit the I-864, taxes and submit  something about the birth certificate later?

Do I explain this in the cover letter.

Also do the I-131 and I-765 stop processing while they wait for the FRE on the I-485?

We never did receive notices in the mail since there was a address mistake on their part. they somehow added a 6th digit to our house number after we got our NOA of receipt. The address on the forms was correct and on the online account was correct. we tried the help email but got a generic change address link.  at the time a popup came up saying we could not change the profile address for this active case.   It was correct anyway... we did go to the change address form and changed it even thought the before and after addresses were the same??  we requested new forms be sent .

The I765 says it is in processing nothing outstanding

he I-131 says its in processing and..."

and sent you a receipt notice or acceptance notice. The notice describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

We didn't get this notice.  what would it typically say?

Only if you're ok with full denial and having to start AOS all over (and pay all over $$). Look, USCIS gives you an opportunity to rectify an issue (I-864, missing document) via RFE - you don't give then what they ask for, they can turn around and deny you for failing to provide what was asked for. RFE gives you up to 90 days to return the requested items - use that time to compile everything they want and send it in on time. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
13 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Only if you're ok with full denial and having to start AOS all over (and pay all over $$). Look, USCIS gives you an opportunity to rectify an issue (I-864, missing document) via RFE - you don't give then what they ask for, they can turn around and deny you for failing to provide what was asked for. RFE gives you up to 90 days to return the requested items - use that time to compile everything they want and send it in on time. 

Does your reply say we can submit things piecemeal as long as we meet the 90 days?  I should have said I plan and hope to get all the RFE Info  including about her birth certificate (complicated issue in a different country and language) by the deadline 7 weeks away.

But does everything need to be uploaded the same day?  there may be about 5-8 different PDF files I was going to submit electronically.   Are you saying you get one chance at the RFE and they wont send out an additional RFE if we didn't give them exactly what they want.?     

Timeline

Respond With Evidence

Review the guidelines before you respond.

• You only have one opportunity to respond to our notice.
  • Once we receive your response, we will resume processing your case.
  • If you fail to submit all the requested evidence, we may deny your application.
  • You cannot delete any evidence once you submit it.
  • You can respond with no more than five documents.
  • If you have more than five documents, please upload the first five on this page, then go to the Documents tab on your case and upload additional documents under Unsolicited Evidence.

File Requirements

• Clear and readable
  • Accepted file formats: JPG, JPEG, PDF, TIF or TIFF
  • No encrypted or password-protected files
  • If your documents are in a foreign language, upload a full English translation and the translator's certification with each original document.
  • Upload no more than five documents at a time
  • Accepted file name characters: English letters, numbers, spaces, periods, hyphens, underscores, and parentheses
  • Maximum size: 6MB per file

I guess this means we must submit it all at once. 

Can only upload 5 documents.  I guess  I will have to learn how to merge PDF files.

I am thinking I can upload up to 5  documents in separate log in sessions but only once hit the submit button? 

Timeline

Ok I am ready to submit 14 documents but now some are to big. a few over the 6 mb by just a tad but one is 21mb.

I guess I can go the adobe trial  route... I don't really trust uploading these documents to a fee combiner website.  Any suggestions free safe ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.