Commish10

CFO Update 3

16 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Commish10 said:

She got the certficate. Will be in Dallas on Sunday. This was her 2nd session with this counselor. I don't have all the details yet but this lady was not giving it up. It seems again that her daughter (4 yo) was the main sticking point. Her main concerns were men bring over filipina's then don't marry them. How can my fiancee know that I'm not a wife abuser or child molester, and something about the Asian violence going on in America. 

Once I have the full details, I will post. 

We can thank our fake news media for that. I am so happy we had a good CFO consular. I also think they are much harder on fiance's than wives.

4 hours ago, Commish10 said:

She got the certficate. Will be in Dallas on Sunday. This was her 2nd session with this counselor. I don't have all the details yet but this lady was not giving it up. It seems again that her daughter (4 yo) was the main sticking point. Her main concerns were men bring over filipina's then don't marry them. How can my fiancee know that I'm not a wife abuser or child molester, and something about the Asian violence going on in America. 

Ive posted in various threads the ridiculousness of the CFO and horror stories coming out of that organization since about 2006 or so.  Just get your electronic CFO certificate and get her out of there.  If you want to complain to them, just do it once she arrives in the US :)  

However, the concern of men bringing over Filipinas and not marrying them is actually a real concern, at least pre-Covid.  In the Philippines and various other SE Asia countries, the K1 has been abused and used by many as a temporary tourist visa.  Since the applicant for a B visa has to qualify on their own merits, many Filipino's are denied this tourist visa.  However, the ones who have been in a long-term relationships with US citizens who live in the Philippines, many will file for the K1, go through the process, get the visa, travel to the US for 90 days for a vacation and then they both fly back to the Philippines afterwards.  Pre-Covid, the K1 was actually quite fast and relatively easy to qualify for if a couple has been together for a number of years.  How the CFO counselor would know this is beyond me, but this was one of the issues that we were all up against when we filed for K1s.  There were many US citizens doing this throughout the region. 

Congrats that your process is now complete.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

It sounds like it was a misguided and completely inappropriate attempt to "test" your fiancee, how well she knew you and how confident she was about your relationship. I've been on the receiving end of similar offensive questions about my fiance (now husband), from older friends of my parents who had never met him.

Congratulations on getting the CFO done, though. You're almost at the finish line!

It's awesome seeing people finally being able to get on with their lives together.  it's been a long wait but it's finally paying off. 

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

20 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

In the Philippines and various other SE Asia countries, the K1 has been abused and used by many as a temporary tourist visa.

Just want to add that K1 visa holders are the most vulnerable to abuse as far as dependency on their petitioner for their immigration status is concerned.  Remember that K1 immigrants have no path to a green card while in the US except through their K1 petitioner.  Unfortunately, some USCs are not as nice as you all ;) and take advantage of that fact.  If the K1 don't get married and AOS through their petitioner, they are screwed, if they want to stay in the US.  Even if they find another USC to marry, they cannot AOS through their new partner and will need to return to the PH.

7 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Just want to add that K1 visa holders are the most vulnerable to abuse as far as dependency on their petitioner for their immigration status is concerned.  Remember that K1 immigrants have no path to a green card while in the US except through their K1 petitioner.  Unfortunately, some USCs are not as nice as you all ;) and take advantage of that fact.  If the K1 don't get married and AOS through their petitioner, they are screwed, if they want to stay in the US.  Even if they find another USC to marry, they cannot AOS through their new partner and will need to return to the PH.

Yes exactly.  The case that I had heard were with US citizens living in the Philippines with family and no plans to ever move back to the US.  It seemed many were using the K1 as a easier way than getting a B visa. :) I was glad I found this out when we applied for the k1 as I had been out of the US for so long, I structured my letter to USCIS with confirmation I really was moving back to the US.  I believe I even included my 1-way ticket.  

But yes, you are right if in the future, those expats plans change, their partner/spouse, etc would be in an extremely difficult situation. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

On 11/4/2021 at 3:13 PM, Commish10 said:

They seem to be concerned regardless :( Just not about the poor women abandoned by their Filipino bf's.

The Filipina wants to get married abroad - OFFLOAD or "you are too young !"

The Filipina has no plans of getting married abroad, at least short-term  - OFFLOAD (she intends to work) or "it is a sin"

22 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Ive posted in various threads the ridiculousness of the CFO and horror stories coming out of that organization since about 2006 or so.  Just get your electronic CFO certificate and get her out of there.  If you want to complain to them, just do it once she arrives in the US :)  

However, the concern of men bringing over Filipinas and not marrying them is actually a real concern, at least pre-Covid.  In the Philippines and various other SE Asia countries, the K1 has been abused and used by many as a temporary tourist visa.  Since the applicant for a B visa has to qualify on their own merits, many Filipino's are denied this tourist visa.  However, the ones who have been in a long-term relationships with US citizens who live in the Philippines, many will file for the K1, go through the process, get the visa, travel to the US for 90 days for a vacation and then they both fly back to the Philippines afterwards.  Pre-Covid, the K1 was actually quite fast and relatively easy to qualify for if a couple has been together for a number of years.  How the CFO counselor would know this is beyond me, but this was one of the issues that we were all up against when we filed for K1s.  There were many US citizens doing this throughout the region. 

Congrats that your process is now complete.

What is ridiculous about the CFO is the fact GCC is issued for life so if a Filipina chooses to have another bf/fiance she can use the old, hard earned certificate and breeze through the airport and the new bloke will be happy. I have not seen any rule that changing a partner (unmarried) requires a new GCP.

As to "not marrying" ... in any western country, Filipinas are such a scarce asset they can find a new partner within 24 hrs. I don't get the risks involved ? Ofc visa conditions can be an issue, she might have to leave to another country before applying for another fiance visa. Not sure how it looks like in the US - could a Filipina "swap" a partner and switch from K1 to CR1 / IR1 with somebody else ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, geezerpl said:

What is ridiculous about the CFO is the fact GCC is issued for life so if a Filipina chooses to have another bf/fiance she can use the old, hard earned certificate and breeze through the airport and the new bloke will be happy. I have not seen any rule that changing a partner (unmarried) requires a new GCP.

As to "not marrying" ... in any western country, Filipinas are such a scarce asset they can find a new partner within 24 hrs. I don't get the risks involved ? Ofc visa conditions can be an issue, she might have to leave to another country before applying for another fiance visa. Not sure how it looks like in the US - could a Filipina "swap" a partner and switch from K1 to CR1 / IR1 with somebody else ?

I do not beleive that is true. The certiciates are now enoded with a QR code that probably matches the registration information provided, that includes the petitioner's information.

Edited by Commish10

2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Oh I see...

So K1 is de-facto a sort of "mail order bride" visa :) - a Filipina must remain loyal to the US guy no matter what ?

How about meeting a new partner in the US and go with him to Mexico, get married and come back on CR1 ? I don't think a Filipina must return home.. Due to covid people are now able to apply for most visas from the cuntry they currently are - not necessarily from their home country

Timeline
3 minutes ago, geezerpl said:

Oh I see...

So K1 is de-facto a sort of "mail order bride" visa :) - a Filipina must remain loyal to the US guy no matter what ?

How about meeting a new partner in the US and go with him to Mexico, get married and come back on CR1 ? I don't think a Filipina must return home.. Due to covid people are now able to apply for most visas from the cuntry they currently are - not necessarily from their home country

I'm really not understanding your problem. 

4 minutes ago, Commish10 said:

I do not beleive that is true. The certiciates are now enoded with a QR code that probably matches the registration information provided, that includes the petitioner's information.

Maybe, but I have nowhere seen any remark about that requirement to change certificates along with partners..

I have spoken (or my partner has) to dozens of Filipinas any many of them acquired CFO GCC years before covid, changed partners and are free to travel.

Even after renewing their passports they simply apply for a duplicate sticker/certificate.

I think they only need to get a new GCC after marriage (lastname change).

1 minute ago, Commish10 said:

I'm really not understanding your problem. 

Because I don't have one.

Just commenting because it is interesting.

It is completely different story in EU/UK. Fiances once in - they can swap their man for another...

I wonder if Latinas or Eastern European girls on K1 also get "abandoned" in the US. Never heard of any country in Central America or Eastern Europe pre-screening their women before departure.

Timeline
1 minute ago, geezerpl said:

Because I don't have one.

Just commenting because it is interesting.

It is completely different story in EU/UK. Fiances once in - they can swap their man for another...

I wonder if Latinas or Eastern European girls on K1 also get "abandoned" in the US. Never heard of any country in Central America or Eastern Europe pre-screening their women before departure.

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.