gnothiseauton123

N-400 November 2021 Filers

414 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
4 minutes ago, popularburger2012 said:

The officer stopped after question #6 since I answered them correctly. We then moved on to the reading test (Which state has the most people?), the writing test (California has the most people)

First off Congratulations!

I'm just curious about the reading and writing tests? What is this about? Are we expected to read and write? And are there questions as well similar to the civics test?

Thanks!

Edited by waiting4i130

Wedding: 21 Jun 2013

Application sent: 11 Oct 2013

NOA1 - receipt date NSC: 29 Oct 2013

Acceptance confirmation email: 31 Oct 2013

NOA1 - Hard copy: Never arrived...

RFE email - 19 May 2014

RFE Hard copy - 3 June 2014

RFE response review - 7 July 2014

I-130 approval (NOA2) - 21 July 2014

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, waiting4i130 said:

First off Congratulations!

I'm just curious about the reading and writing tests? What is this about? Are we expected to read and write? And are there questions as well similar to the civics test?

Thanks!

Thank you!

I was given a sentence on an iPad for the reading test (Which state has the most people?) and I read it out loud. After that, the officer read me a sentence (California has the most people.) and asked me to write it down on the same iPad with a stylus. Pretty easy and straightforward! (terrible handwriting though LOL!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Just now, popularburger2012 said:

Thank you!

I was given a sentence on an iPad for the reading test (Which state has the most people?) and I read it out loud. After that, the officer read me a sentence (California has the most people.) and asked me to write it down on the same iPad with a stylus. Pretty easy and straightforward! (terrible handwriting though LOL!)

Ah ok that's easy enough :) Thanks!

Wedding: 21 Jun 2013

Application sent: 11 Oct 2013

NOA1 - receipt date NSC: 29 Oct 2013

Acceptance confirmation email: 31 Oct 2013

NOA1 - Hard copy: Never arrived...

RFE email - 19 May 2014

RFE Hard copy - 3 June 2014

RFE response review - 7 July 2014

I-130 approval (NOA2) - 21 July 2014

On 1/30/2022 at 4:08 PM, useful89 said:

Wife applied 29 Nov and we haven’t heard anything 

Your case seems to be out of Dallas TX whose processing time is showing 11 months. So typically you would get interview letter 10 months after nov 29 which is Sept 29. Even if you were exceptionally lucky and your processing time was halved for what's typical of Dallas, TX of only 6 months that would still be no sooner than May 29. Any reasons why you expecting something now?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
10 hours ago, oakland71 said:

Your case seems to be out of Dallas TX whose processing time is showing 11 months. So typically you would get interview letter 10 months after nov 29 which is Sept 29. Even if you were exceptionally lucky and your processing time was halved for what's typical of Dallas, TX of only 6 months that would still be no sooner than May 29. Any reasons why you expecting something now?

wouldn’t it be out of DC?

6 hours ago, useful89 said:

wouldn’t it be out of DC?

oh you live near DC is it? Your profile shows dallas tx. DC processing time for n400 is showing 11.5 months while Dallas TX is 12 months so ya, you would have to be very very lucky if you get interview notice before May 29th. so maybe pace your expectations until then, else it will be 4 very frustrating months.

I am from San Francisco where the interview letter seems to be getting sent very consistently after 12-13 months so I am not checking my status every hour until Oct 2022. Besides, some of us waited 12 years just to even get a GC I know many who have been in this country legally for 20+ yrs paying taxes and still don't have a GC. Another 7-8 months for becoming a citizen shouldn't be too hard right? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.