Sarge2155

November 2021 - AOS Filers

248 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 11/7/2021 at 9:36 AM, Coin3 said:

AOS from K1!

10/30: Package sent (I-485, I-765, I-131)

11/3: Texts received, personal check cashed.

11/6: NOA1 letters received (Notice date 11/2)

Update:

12/9: Received RFE dated 12/1 requesting proof of status of Sponsor for Form I-864.

The I-864 instructions state "Petitioning relatives who have already filed proof of their citizenship or immigration status with Form I-129F, Form I-130, Form I-600, or Form I-600A do not need to submit proof of their status with this affidavit."

I included copies of both my birth certificate and passport in the I-129F, so I didn't include it with the I-864 this time. They must have lost the records, or maybe the officer didn't look deep enough.

Thankfully, it was easy enough to upload digital copies of my birth certificate and passport to the MyUSCIS website the same day we received the RFE. Along with the documents, I included a brief cover letter.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/4/2021 at 9:33 PM, h_saini said:

Hii all, 

I am K1 AOS filer 

11/16 AOS packet sent(I-485, I-131, I-765)

11/18 message received with receipt numbers 

11/27 hard copy received (NOA1)

But, i have not received the letter with the user code for creating USCIS online account. So, I am concerned about that because i have seen in the group that people mentioned that they received user code and through online account they scheduled their biometrics. So, i don't have any idea that we have to book our biometrics at our own or USCIS will send letter for scheduling biometrics?

pls help!

please someone reply!

Received notice that my husband's biometrics appt. is scheduled for January. It says in the letter it's for the I-485 and the I-765. Is this normal process to do them together and do they not do biometrics for the I-131?

Edited by UsagiCosplay
edit

1 hour ago, h_saini said:

please someone reply!

You can NOT schedule your own biometrics online or any where else. USCIS will schedule you or waive you as they get around to it. As far as an online USCIS account you can make your own account at any time.  Unless they changed that.  We made our own account!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
8 hours ago, h_saini said:

please someone reply!

Ours was on our I-797 Action Paper... We received four pages, 3 receipt pages and a I-797 Notice of Action with information on how to do the online account.

Timeline
8 hours ago, UsagiCosplay said:

Received notice that my husband's biometrics appt. is scheduled for January. It says in the letter it's for the I-485 and the I-765. Is this normal process to do them together and do they not do biometrics for the I-131?

Even,  I have the same concern as I got my biometric appt. letter today and it's containing only I-485 and I-765 receipt number only. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

You can NOT schedule your own biometrics online or any where else. USCIS will schedule you or waive you as they get around to it. As far as an online USCIS account you can make your own account at any time.  Unless they changed that.  We made our own account!

That means I don't need user code to create the account and can do it at my own ?

That means I don't need user code to create the account and can do it at my own ?

Yes as I said I made my own account with no input from USCIS. Give it a try!

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Another thing if you submit a form  online for whatever reason you'll get that number from USCIS too.

Citizenship Complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline
5 hours ago, h_saini said:

If your receipt has an IOE number you will need the code to add it. If you haven't received it by mail yet you can go to https://my.uscis.gov/account/v1/needhelp to request one via email (that's what I did). Click applicant/petitioner, enter information and then when it asks about the reason just pick one of the two and write in the body of the form that you didn't receive your code and would like a new one generated. I got an email back within about 48 hours.

On 12/2/2021 at 8:06 AM, AmeriCanadian91 said:

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I recently submitted our I-130 (online) and AOS packages! Timeline is as follows:

11/24 Mailed AOS Package with I-130 Receipt page (I-485, I-765, I-131, I-864)

12/1   AOS Package received in mail room

No other movement on either application, but that's to be expected. Looking forward to going through this journey with everyone!

UPDATE

11/24 Mailed AOS Package

12/1 AOS received

12/3 NOA 1 for each application via text (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/11 Biometrics appt scheduled

I haven't received the notice for biometrics yet, I just found out it was scheduled because I checked the case status online, so I don't know when it's scheduled for. 

QUESTION: I set up an online USCIS account when I completed the I-130 application (I'm the US Citizen). I didn't see my online account number, so I filled out the I-485 and left that part blank. When I received all the receipt notices, I tried adding those paper applications to my online account so I could see the status, but it said those applications were already added to an account. How do I sign into the account associated with those applications?

update:

11/12 Sent via USPS 

11/13 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

11/16 credit card charged (and posted eventually)

11/17 text messages received with each case receipt # 

11/20 biometrics scheduled

12/13 biometrics appt 

-> on the same day, status changed to your case is being actively reviewed by USCIS 

On 11/27/2021 at 4:53 PM, holdingonforhope said:

Question -- In the "Documents >>> Your Uploads" section of MyUSCIS, some of the documentation and evidence we submitted with the applications isn't there in the uploaded scans. I'm seeing a few of my Pay Stubs, but not the Affidavit of Support form. Also, with the I-131 Application for Travel Document, there's no uploaded scans at all. Also, some evidence uploaded to under a different form. We didn't submit loose sheets (we used binder clips). Is this normal?

I have a similar situation where some of the documents I submitted aren't showing up in the MyUSCIS application scans.  I made separate copies for each application.  Don't know if this is normal or if I should just upload whichever documents are missing in the electronic scans? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.