BeHealthy

NVC to Mumbai Consulate Gather Here!!!

1,126 posts in this topic

Has anyone received IL for CR1 whose DQ date is post-December 18 2021?? It's kind of frustrating to know that they gave the IL in June for 12-18 Dec 2021 DQ. Our DQ date is 20 Dec 2021and we are still waiting for IL. We were hoping to receive it in July end but now we can't predict this anymore.😢

30 minutes ago, ViNi said:

Has anyone received IL for CR1 whose DQ date is post-December 18 2021?? It's kind of frustrating to know that they gave the IL in June for 12-18 Dec 2021 DQ. Our DQ date is 20 Dec 2021and we are still waiting for IL. We were hoping to receive it in July end but now we can't predict this anymore.😢

Me dqed dec 28th😭

Thanks for the updates. Good to know that right now August /September 2021 DQ for parents are getting interviews.

My parents were DQ in February 2022 so looks like waiting game for few more months. It shows that application is still with NVC

In a couple of months I am planning for them to get their Police Clearance Certificate renewed since it expires after a year. Also will start asking them to take a few vaccines from the list of the medical form.

Aside from that just waiting. Good luck to everyone! 

Hello Friends,

Type - F2A ( spouse of GC )

DQ’ed - Nov 12, 2021

I am Waiting for my IL. when can I expect the interview notification ?

Also , my interview location will be Mumbai. But Can I select any OFC( in india)for my bio metric Appointment when I receive my IL Or only Mumbai OFC ?

Thanks in Advance.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello all,

Priority Date: 22 Sept 2015

DQ'ed: 14 Oct 2020

Visa Type: F2B

My mother applied for me when she was a green card holder, but now she's a citizen. Does that mean my visa type will change as well? And the interview date will depend on it? 

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have applied for my step daughter and DQed on Jun 3, 2022 after i got an RFE on Mar 18, 2022 which should have been that date as my DQed instead of Jun 3, 2022 but the result seems to be the same. PD is Dec 12, 2020

She is already 21 and waiting to get the interview letter and that would be last step for her to get through all the hurdles. I am posting this to track my application in the same timeline. Hopefully we get through soon.

11 hours ago, PEV said:

Hello all,

Priority Date: 22 Sept 2015

DQ'ed: 14 Oct 2020

Visa Type: F2B

My mother applied for me when she was a green card holder, but now she's a citizen. Does that mean my visa type will change as well? And the interview date will depend on it? 

Any help is appreciated! Thank you!!

YES. Dependents of Citizen are given more preference than green card holders. 

On 8/6/2022 at 8:48 AM, Rayy said:

Hello Friends,

Type - F2A ( spouse of GC )

DQ’ed - Nov 12, 2021

I am Waiting for my IL. when can I expect the interview notification ?

Also , my interview location will be Mumbai. But Can I select any OFC( in india)for my bio metric Appointment when I receive my IL Or only Mumbai OFC ?

Thanks in Advance.

Dont want to be the bearer of the bad news but my wife was DQed on Jan 7 2021 type F2A and I am still waiting for the IL. So I suppose you still have 6 to 8 months to go before your IL.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My theory is that F2A to IR1 are being converted at NVC and when Mumbai embassy tells the NVC “we need the next x number of people in IR1 category” they pick the converted cases since those are DQ the earliest in line. 

As a consequence, there is virtually no movement to the main CR1/IR1 categories. I worry this will keep happening for long time. 

Is there anything we can do to let the embassy or consul general know if this issue? The only solution here would be to interview more than 150-200 per month which they have been doing for a while. 

10 hours ago, RajPatil said:

My theory is that F2A to IR1 are being converted at NVC and when Mumbai embassy tells the NVC “we need the next x number of people in IR1 category” they pick the converted cases since those are DQ the earliest in line. 

As a consequence, there is virtually no movement to the main CR1/IR1 categories. I worry this will keep happening for long time. 

Is there anything we can do to let the embassy or consul general know if this issue? The only solution here would be to interview more than 150-200 per month which they have been doing for a while. 

I wrote letter to both my Senators, Representative, and President Biden complaining about the wait and why they are concentrating on students if before citizen's spouses were priority.  I doubt it'll help but I feel if tons of us did it, it possibly could.  but who knows?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.