L_n_O

oh MY gawd

47 posts in this topic

Ya, in the past, if you suspected a bat bite, you had to get shots in the STOMACH!

They guys at the house told him last night that they don't do that anymore.. just 5 shots to the arm..

and the other thing about bat bites thru research at 3 am last night and animal control at SO's house) is that you often never know you've been bitten.. they're almost impossible to see cuz their teeth are like little pins.. and you'd essentially be looking for a little pin ####### on your skin which is most times impossible to see....

He should get the phone call about the bat's rabies status this evening or tomorrow morning..

(ps, the reason they're beheading the bat is b/c it's the only real way to tell if it has rabies)

And I was trying to tell my fiance to go into his bedroom and get the camera just to take a picture of the bat last night and he was like "HELL NO!!! YOU THINK I'M GOING IN THERE AGAIN WITH THAT THING STILL THERE?!$%"

(the response to that: 'oh go onnnnnn!!! You *have* to take a photo, I want to post it on Veeee-Jay!!' :lol: )

2005 - We met

2006 - Filed I-129F

2007 - K-1 issued, moved to US, completed AOS (a busy year, immigration-wise)

2009 - Conditions lifted

2010 - Will be naturalising. Buh-bye, USCIS! smile.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
It's weird reading this, my reaction is 'oh my god, they're not allowed to hurt the bat!!' - in the UK, bats are protected by law and if you have bats roosting in your house, tough luck, you're not allowed to evict them! Things are obviously a bit different here!! :blush:

Yeah, I can't get my head around killing bats. But the UK is rabies free, so we don't have those worries if bitten.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Had bats in my apartment a couple of different times when I was in college (apartement was upstairs in an older home) First on a lacrosse stick did the trick second time tennis racket deffinately more effective! If you have them most times it is because they are living in the attic and there is a small opening in the ceiling usually near a pipe that penetrates the ceiling.

They are a little scary first time out. My first time I was sleeping and I could feel the air on my face when he would fly by thought it was just a big bug until I turned on the light!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
It's weird reading this, my reaction is 'oh my god, they're not allowed to hurt the bat!!' - in the UK, bats are protected by law and if you have bats roosting in your house, tough luck, you're not allowed to evict them! Things are obviously a bit different here!! :blush:

Yeah, I can't get my head around killing bats. But the UK is rabies free, so we don't have those worries if bitten.

Say that now. Next thing you know, there will be a rabies epidemic :o

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just want to suggest that the rabies post-exposure shots are not like any other shots you get - they are definitely more painful. I had to undergo a series a few years ago when I was bitten by a stray cat. The hand became very infected quickly, and then the first of the 5 series had to go in exactly the same spot as the bite. That was incredibly painful! The next four had to alternate sites as they could not go in the same location as a previous shot. They are directly into the muscle and injected slowly. You feel them, believe me. I am not a baby about shots - I take multiple insulin shots every day - but I do not want to undergo those rabies ones again. And, I understand that they are better than they used to be when the series were into the abdomen.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Say that now. Next thing you know, there will be a rabies epidemic :o

Nope, that's why they have quarantine! ;)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

aw..poor bat :(

and wait.. Not to pee in anyone's cheerios ?????? huh? :blink:

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

NNooo!!! I'd freak out if I ever saw a bat in my house!! have you seen those things walking?? they walk using their folded wings for support. I saw one in the street once...just yuck!!!

the other day I saw a roach in my apartment and I didn't have any pesticide...my roomate and me ran around like dumb and dumber not knowing what to do...because neither of us could build up the courage to step on it. :lol:

we ended up boiling water and throwing it at the roach from a safe distance untill it died :blush:

Caro

***Justin And Caro***
Happily married and enjoying our life together!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

That poor lil' bat was just celebrating...just got approved for his K-bat visa. And now beheaded?

This was the funniest post. I know you were really freaked out Liz...but it was certainly entertaining.

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Oh, I know it was entertaining as well.. Why do you think I was typing upto 3am in the morning yesterday as it was all happening! =)

That poor lil' bat was just celebrating...just got approved for his K-bat visa. And now beheaded?

This was the funniest post. I know you were really freaked out Liz...but it was certainly entertaining.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

OMG so did it touch him or something???

TIME LINE 2007

01/12/07-I Fly to Australia

01/25/07-We Got Married!

07/15/07-Point of Entry (K3 Visa)

K3 Time Line for the I-130, I-129F, EAD and AOS

usaCa.gifanimated-hearts.gifaustralC_1xa.gif

Lifting Conditions Timeline

11/06/09- Mailed Petition Via USPS Certified Mail

11/09/09- Your item was delivered at 11:08 AM on November 9, 2009 in LAGUNA NIGUEL, CA 92677.

11/12/09- Check Cashed

11/12/09- Return Receipt Arrives in Mail

11/13/09- Touched

11/16/09- NOA Received

11/27/09- Received Appointment Letter

12/18/09- Biometrics

12/21/09- Touched

01/08/10- Card Production Ordered (E-Mail)

01/09/10- Touched

01/14/10- Greencard Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline
aw..poor bat :(

and wait.. Not to pee in anyone's cheerios ?????? huh? :blink:

I wrote that because the thread up until that point had been mostly joking around and I was kinda putting a damper on the fun with my post urging a more serious attitude.

Kathryn,

Sorry to hear your rabies shots were painful... get injections into an infected bite wound sounds like no fun at all! I'm sure everyone's experience is different, and mine were pre-exposure (but the same protocol and vaccine as post-exposure, minus the bite wound part).

My husband, on the other hand, had the series in the abdomen when he was a child, living in India at the time, and was bitten by a stray dog. Sounded awful.

If this thread raises one person's awareness about the potential danger of bats and rabies, I'll be happy. If it does so without creating a phobia about bats (just respect and appropriate caution), I'll be even happier.

Cheers,

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

The bat got a clean bill of health!

My fiance doesn't have to get any shots!

(Animal Control told him that most insurance companies don't cover the shot and it's bloody expensive! They told him it's about $1000 PER shot!)

AND HE'D HAVE TO GET 5!

but now we get to not spend that money and use it for the aos/ead/ap/moving/and me not working for the first three months when i move there!!! =)

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

The bat got a clean bill of health!

My fiance doesn't have to get any shots!

(Animal Control told him that most insurance companies don't cover the shot and it's bloody expensive! They told him it's about $1000 PER shot!)

AND HE'D HAVE TO GET 5!

but now we get to not spend that money and use it for the aos/ead/ap/moving/and me not working for the first three months when i move there!!! =)

Thank goodness :thumbs:

Edited by garyandmarylou

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1