beloved_dingo

November 2021 ROC Filers

1,272 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2023 at 4:24 PM, Thomas W said:

YSC/MSC Updates:

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on the Case Tracker app. 

For YSC21xxx, there are about 215,000 cases from that fiscal year (Oct '20 - Sept '21).

As best I can tell, they are current to about YSC2190145000, which is early April '21 filers. 

My case is YSC2290005xxx, which is early November '21. So, they're 7 months behind us still. I'm not sure there has been any movement lately, but I wanted to leave this forum post here as a bookmark to check back in 1-2 months, to see if they have advanced at all beyond 147000.

Thanks all. Hang in there.

We're up to February 8. I've been tracking cases at 150000 - 150025

We had approvals of YSC2190150002, 150012, 150018. This means of the 21 i-751 cases I'm tracking, only 3 got approved in that range. These cases all were submitted in early April 2021. 

Generally I find this disheartening, but at least there is SOME progress. Ill spot check some more in teh future:

Between 150000 and 160000, I find a few approvals, maybe up to 20%, but mostly they are still waiting. 

Beyond 160000 I haven't seen any. 

I checked the very beginning of the 2022 batch  Definitely nothing.

So I still believe they're working in April 2021 cases. Long story short: almost no progress.

14 minutes ago, Thomas W said:

We had approvals of YSC2190150002, 150012, 150018. This means of the 21 i-751 cases I'm tracking, only 3 got approved in that range. These cases all were submitted in early April 2021. 

Generally I find this disheartening, but at least there is SOME progress. Ill spot check some more in teh future:

Between 150000 and 160000, I find a few approvals, maybe up to 20%, but mostly they are still waiting. 

So I still believe they're working in April 2021 cases. Long story short: almost no progress.

Even cases in 120000 range don't have many obvious approvals. 120002 was just approved February 1. 110006 was approved February 3. 

I really wonder what is going on. It seems that there definitely has been a CONSCIOUS, INTENTIONAL depriority of these cases. With maybe one person working on i-751? I don't know why. Maybe to encourage people to go N-400? Or are workplace shortages all being reallocated to focus elsewhere? I'd say, if you want N-400, definitely go for it.

edit: A reminder that I'm only following Washington DC. Other national centers may be rolling along.

Edited by Thomas W
added note about Washington center

16 minutes ago, Thomas W said:

What I find somewhat staggering/mystifying is that nobody on VJ has reported having biometrics taken by YSC since October of 2022...

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

35 minutes ago, Thomas W said:

I don't mean to dishearten you further but I imagine some of those approvals you're seeing might also be joint citizenship applications.
I think they're still a few months pre-April? There's very little movement around my own case right now which is in the 130000 range (I'm a March 2021 filer).

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

26 minutes ago, Rearviewmirror said:

What I find somewhat staggering/mystifying is that nobody on VJ has reported having biometrics taken by YSC since October of 2022...

Yikes, hopefully that is just a case of people forgetting to fill out timelines but that is certainly something

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

For EAC filers low 2290000000 to 2290010000 have mostly been updated to case updated to show fingerprints takem. Post 10000 are still shwoing only case received. Basically November 2021 filers have been relegated/forgotten.  Waiting to be done with this inefficient useless organization.

Edited by skapali

11 minutes ago, RambaCat said:

I don't mean to dishearten you further but I imagine some of those approvals you're seeing might also be joint citizenship applications.
I think they're still a few months pre-April? There's very little movement around my own case right now which is in the 130000 range (I'm a March 2021 filer).

Good point, I was wondering how those situations would present. I'm beginning to consider a letter to congressman. It's a stunning lack of any progress. Do you happen to know when was the last meaningful progress? i.e. when did it downshift?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Thomas W said:

Good point, I was wondering how those situations would present. I'm beginning to consider a letter to congressman. It's a stunning lack of any progress. Do you happen to know when was the last meaningful progress? i.e. when did it downshift?

Unfortunately we are not the target demographic congress wants to help. They only care about victims, refugees etc. and legal, law abiding, tax payers like us don't matter to them

Just now, skapali said:

Unfortunately we are not the target demographic congress wants to help. They only care about victims, refugees etc. and legal, law abiding, tax payers like us don't matter to them

Right?

7 minutes ago, Thomas W said:

Right?

Help me get the story right...

Since we filed i-751, I feel the time has telescoped from 1. with good confidence, receiving approval within 6-8 months, to: 2. needing a two year extension letter, to: 3. awaiting a 4-year extension letter.

Also I just saw this. Check out some of the proposed fee increases...

https://newlandchase.com/united-states-uscis-proposed-fee-increases/

• the petition to remove conditions from green card status I-751 filing fee increased from $595 to $1,195, which is a 100% raise;
  • the I-485 Adjustment of Status (green card application) filed with the I-765 Employment Authorization Document and I-131 Advance Parole (travel authorization) filing fee increasing from $1,225 to $2,820,

Pay more money, for less service.

Edited by Thomas W

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Thomas W said:

Since we filed i-751, I feel the time has telescoped from 1. with good confidence, receiving approval within 6-8 months, to: 2. needing a two year extension letter, to: 3. awaiting a 4-year extension letter.

They always have the resources to help refugees, asylum seekers, etc but screw you i you are here the right way, stayed here long, paid taxes etc. solution is automate jobs and give strict deadlines and fire staff who don't meet those deadlines. currently no punishment for doing such a lackadaisical job. Also against fee increase. improve efficiency before asking for more money. Throwing more money is not going to fix this problem.

We need AI to fix this problem. an AI network scans the documents and makes a decision to RFE, deny or approve. denials need a second human inspection. this should speed up the process rapidly. Even if considering marriage based see how long the person has been in the US and factor that in when making a decision

Edited by skapali

4 minutes ago, Thomas W said:

sadly I don't; all I know is that it hung around June 2020 for approvals several months last year and didn't appear to be moving at all 😥I did notice they recently increased the amount of time before enquiries could be filed too but about half a month (it's now at 26.5 months) and I expect that to keep increasing.

8 minutes ago, Thomas W said:

Also I just saw this. Check out some of the proposed fee increases...

https://newlandchase.com/united-states-uscis-proposed-fee-increases/

• the petition to remove conditions from green card status I-751 filing fee increased from $595 to $1,195, which is a 100% raise;
  • the I-485 Adjustment of Status (green card application) filed with the I-765 Employment Authorization Document and I-131 Advance Parole (travel authorization) filing fee increasing from $1,225 to $2,820,

Pay more money, for less service.

Oof, yeah - hoping the fee increases will improve things in the long run with hiring but they are ridiculously steep!! Even if it won't affect us, maybe it will at least help people filing later.

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

1 hour ago, skapali said:

We need AI to fix this problem. an AI network scans the documents and makes a decision to RFE, deny or approve. denials need a second human inspection. this should speed up the process rapidly. Even if considering marriage based see how long the person has been in the US and factor that in when making a decision

Please no AI 😅

I played with Chat GPT for a while, and while it kind of gives you an impression it understands what texts are all about, it's super silly at times, forgetting what it read another minute.

If AI is at this level, I'm not ready for it to decide cases.

Though I do think it's used already to some capacity at USCIS issuing RFEs. But human seems to be the last deciding party though. I second your idea of human inspection for denials.

Edited by OldUser

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.