beloved_dingo

November 2021 ROC Filers

1,272 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, ODATT said:

I am just going to say this out loud, screw USCIS for not processing items in order.

Understandibly frustrating, though your case may be already reviewed and just waiting for supervisor's approval. I bet there are going to be cases undecided for earlier filers at the time your case is going to be approved. In that case, would you want to wait longer for their cases to be decided first? 

There's a human factor in this process, and it guarantees such fluctuations in approval times. Example: Case A got assigned to Bob, who reviews 20 cases a day, and Case B got assigned to noobie Fred who only does 10 of them and requires supervisor approval for 3 of them.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
25 minutes ago, ODATT said:

I am just going to say this out loud, screw USCIS for not processing items in order.

You’re in a WAC service center too, they may still be working on October filers, just saying, as my October case in WAC got approved several days ago. At least I won’t need to deal with a combo. Don’t get discouraged, it will come for you soon. 

3 hours ago, OldUser said:

Understandibly frustrating, though your case may be already reviewed and just waiting for supervisor's approval. I bet there are going to be cases undecided for earlier filers at the time your case is going to be approved. In that case, would you want to wait longer for their cases to be decided first? 

There's a human factor in this process, and it guarantees such fluctuations in approval times. Example: Case A got assigned to Bob, who reviews 20 cases a day, and Case B got assigned to noobie Fred who only does 10 of them and requires supervisor approval for 3 of them.

I get it and I just had to voice my frustration to be honest. I understand that there is no order in which USCIS processes any cases and there is nothing we can do. The day I get out of this system I would be very happy. Heck I always say if someone has been in US legally and worked here for 10 years, just make these candidates go through background check and grant them a green card (if they wish to apply) and remove this visa issuance for family members. Make it easy for people who have put in time and money for this country (this has nothing to do with people with DACA and I have no idea how to resolve that issue so I refrain from voicing my opinion on that one.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/31/2023 at 11:59 AM, ODATT said:

I know it sucks. They seem to be processing 21000+ and 21500+ very slowly these days. There's just one approved case in lower range and four in the upper range today. But given that they barely touched any cases in these ranges before it looks very depressing. As much as I hate the idea of filing N-400 while being so close, I might do it if my case stays untouched this month. It's taking ridiculously long now, and yeah their blessing is super randomized. Could just as well sit there for another 3 months. 

9 hours ago, Olga&Jared said:

I know it sucks. They seem to be processing 21000+ and 21500+ very slowly these days. 

4 x new (today's) approvals in upper range as of 02/02/2023. Agreed, looks a bit slower than 22xxx range yesterday.

I feel like USCIS takes a range, processes the most straightforward cases (approves, issues RFEs or schedules interviews), then processes regular cases and leaves hardest till the end. Only my opinion though.

Your case (and mine) probably falls into regular category, so will take a bit of time.

Hopefully soon... I'm extecting mine to be approved before April. Maybe I'm too optimistic.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, OldUser said:

I feel like USCIS takes a range, processes the most straightforward cases (approves, issues RFEs or schedules interviews), then processes regular cases and leaves hardest till the end. Only my opinion though.

Your case (and mine) probably falls into regular category, so will take a bit of time.

Hopefully soon... I'm extecting mine to be approved before April. Maybe I'm too optimistic.

Who knows. I actually think my case is very straightforward. I already had my interview for the first green card, my husband and I have a toddler boy together, I've been working at a stable well-paid job for over 2 years now, we co-rent, co-loan, co-own quite a few things etc. I'm sure some other people among those whose cases are untouched also have very well-equipped cases. I do need a citizenship since traveling and seeing my family is getting more difficult for my Russian passport these days, that's why I'll file N-400 in March if I don't hear anything on I-751 by then. I hope your case gets approved before April! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

Who knows. I actually think my case is very straightforward. I already had my interview for the first green card, my husband and I have a toddler boy together, I've been working at a stable well-paid job for over 2 years now, we co-rent, co-loan, co-own quite a few things etc. I'm sure some other people among those whose cases are untouched also have very well-equipped cases. I do need a citizenship since traveling and seeing my family is getting more difficult for my Russian passport these days, that's why I'll file N-400 in March if I don't hear anything on I-751 by then. I hope your case gets approved before April! 

That was my sentiment exactly and one of the main reasons I filed for N-400. The whole situation is not getting better, Schengen visas are hard to get and mostly given for the dates of upcoming trip as opposed to multi-entrance. I wanna be able to travel with my husband. I got my 10y green card on Feb 1. Good luck to you regardless of what you choose - waiting longer or filing N-400. The end of VJ comes soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.