beloved_dingo

November 2021 ROC Filers

1,272 posts in this topic

CaseTrack shows quite a few approvals for 21xxx WAC filers happening this week - January 3d and 4th.  I checked on December 5th before that. They were working on 19xxx cases. Given that WAC receives around 10,000+ total (I-751, I-129F, I-539 etc.) cases a month they went through less than a week's worth of i-751 cases in the last month... Hope they will pick up the pace this year :)

Edited by kotenya

5 hours ago, kotenya said:

CaseTrack shows quite a few approvals for 21xxx WAC filers happening this week - January 3d and 4th.  I checked on December 5th before that. They were working on 19xxx cases. Given that WAC receives around 10,000+ total (I-751, I-129F, I-539 etc.) cases a month they went through less than a week's worth of i-751 cases in the last month... Hope they will pick up the pace this year :)

Can you help me do the same to MSC?

To my understanding, the receipt number looks something like MSC1122334455 (3 letters + 10 digits). When you said 21xxx, is it the first 5 digits or the last 5 digits?

I'm wondering how MSC is processing i-751

32 minutes ago, zDarkAngelz said:

Can you help me do the same to MSC?

To my understanding, the receipt number looks something like MSC1122334455 (3 letters + 10 digits). When you said 21xxx, is it the first 5 digits or the last 5 digits?

I'm wondering how MSC is processing i-751

Hi @zDarkAngelz! 21xxx refers to the last 5 digits of the case.  Can you provide the first 5 digits for your case after the three letters (MSCxxxxx)? The first 2 indicate the federal government fiscal year (so it will be 21 for 2021) and the other three, it looks like, may vary from service center to service center.

Edited by kotenya

9 minutes ago, kotenya said:

Hi @zDarkAngelz! 21xxx refers to the last 5 digits of the case.  Can you provide the first 5 digits for your case after the three letters (MSCxxxxx)? The first 2 indicate the federal government fiscal year (so it will be 21 for 2021) and the other three, it looks like, may vary from service center to service center.

Actually, the first 4 digits for MSC are the same as for WAC - yy90, where yy is the fiscal year. The rest of 6 digits indicate the order in which cases are received in a year. I checked MSC2290000XXX sequence and found no i-751 case which may indicate that majority of cases received before October 1st, 2021 (start of fiscal year 2022) have been processed. Once the card for i-751 has been received there is no way to tell it was a i-751 case from the receipt number.  I will check a few of the later sequences to see what dates MSC might be processing right now.

1 hour ago, kotenya said:

Actually, the first 4 digits for MSC are the same as for WAC - yy90, where yy is the fiscal year. The rest of 6 digits indicate the order in which cases are received in a year. I checked MSC2290000XXX sequence and found no i-751 case which may indicate that majority of cases received before October 1st, 2021 (start of fiscal year 2022) have been processed. Once the card for i-751 has been received there is no way to tell it was a i-751 case from the receipt number.  I will check a few of the later sequences to see what dates MSC might be processing right now.

Thank you

and yes, my receipt number looks something like MSC22900xxxxx, my priority date is Nov 13th

Thank you so much for the help. If possible, can you show me how to check?

@zDarkAngelz get CaseTrack app. Then go to search, enter a receipt number and how many cases you want to check starting with that receipt number. Let's say your case is MSC2290015xxxx, and you would like to see if anyone in 10xxx series got recently approved. Then enter MSC2290010000 and search for 250 cases. If there are a lot of I-751 cases that show as being approved these are probably the cases that your service center is working right now on. You can usually tell the date these cases were received by a few cases of other types that show case received status. The app allows to filter to specific types of cases and see the distribution of statuses. Hope this helps!

Edited by kotenya

3 minutes ago, kotenya said:

@zDarkAngelz get CaseTrack app. Then go to search, enter a receipt number and how many cases you want to check starting with that receipt number. Let's say your case is MSC2290015xxxx, and you would like to see if anyone in 10xxx series got recently approved. Then enter MSC2290010000 and search for 250 cases. If there are a lot of I-751 cases that show as being approved these are probably the cases that your service center is working right now on. You can usually tell the date these cases were received by a few cases of other types that show case received status. The app allows to filter to specific types of cases and see the distribution of statuses. Hope this helps!

Thank you so much, I did it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 1/4/2023 at 9:43 AM, kotenya said:

Sometimes I try to persuade myself that time runs slow because of the holidays but they've been reeeeeaaally slow with November cases. If they continue at this pace my case will probably be looked at next month if I'm lucky (215xx+ batch). I'm just ranting, of course, but it's starting to get even more annoying)) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Olga&Jared said:

Sometimes I try to persuade myself that time runs slow because of the holidays but they've been reeeeeaaally slow with November cases. If they continue at this pace my case will probably be looked at next month if I'm lucky (215xx+ batch). I'm just ranting, of course, but it's starting to get even more annoying)) 

They'll just change the processing time again in a couple of weeks to 16 months or something like that. 

I'm 23xxx so I lost any hope🤣

28 minutes ago, JackMatt said:

They'll just change the processing time again in a couple of weeks to 16 months or something like that. 

I'm 23xxx so I lost any hope🤣

23xxx here also 😃

I think we may get it approved before March. Probably later this month or beginning of February. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but WAC seemed to have reasonable speed in November through mid December 2022.

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, OldUser said:

23xxx here also 😃

I think we may get it approved before March. Probably later this month or beginning of February. Maybe I'm too optimistic, but WAC seemed to have reasonable speed in November through mid December 2022.

I think they've started ok but then their approvals got very patchy. Even now despite that they're looking into 21xxx cases, they're many among earlier filers that weren't even looked at. If I was among 19-20xxx I would be even more frustrated now :D But oh well. Bonne chance to us all. So painfully close!

YSC/MSC Updates:

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on the Case Tracker app. 

For YSC21xxx, there are about 215,000 cases from that fiscal year (Oct '20 - Sept '21).

As best I can tell, they are current to about YSC2190145000, which is early April '21 filers. 

My case is YSC2290005xxx, which is early November '21. So, they're 7 months behind us still. I'm not sure there has been any movement lately, but I wanted to leave this forum post here as a bookmark to check back in 1-2 months, to see if they have advanced at all beyond 147000.

Thanks all. Hang in there.

6 minutes ago, Thomas W said:

YSC/MSC Updates:

Hi all,

I've been doing some research on the Case Tracker app. 

For YSC21xxx, there are about 215,000 cases from that fiscal year (Oct '20 - Sept '21).

As best I can tell, they are current to about YSC2190145000, which is early April '21 filers. 

My case is YSC2290005xxx, which is early November '21. So, they're 7 months behind us still. I'm not sure there has been any movement lately, but I wanted to leave this forum post here as a bookmark to check back in 1-2 months, to see if they have advanced at all beyond 147000.

Thanks all. Hang in there.

Hi Thomas - are you saying any trends of faster approval for cases in 2022 submitted post-April?

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony Cancelled - June 12, 2024

Oath Ceremony Rescheduled Date - July 30, 2024

DONE

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

1 hour ago, Rearviewmirror said:

Hi Thomas - are you saying any trends of faster approval for cases in 2022 submitted post-April?

I'm not totally clear your question, but here goes:

The speed for i-751 really depends on your service center. WAC (West coast) seems to be moving along pretty well. I haven't seen much progress at all for Washington D.C., but I haven't been carefully tracking until now. There definitely are approvals from April 2021 rolling in, but I only saw a few from May 2021 or later. To be honest, I'm worried that D.C. is completely stalled out.

I'll try to keep track over the next 1-2 months to see if approvals come in for Case # 150000 and beyond. Have you ever used the Case Tracker app? I'd love to get a few more people on board to see what they find.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.