ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have a question. How do Congressman/Senators/Representatives help outside of simply inquiring about your case (something that you could do yourself)? I ask because when my Senator (Marco Rubio) asked on my behalf, outside of a formal answer to their generic one they'd send me, that was all that was done. Can a Senator help in more ways? At the end of Rubio's email, he says if I have any other questions or concerns, to email him, though, I cannot think of a way to ask him to help out more than just inquire about my case. Can a Senator do more than simply ask about my case? It's also funny that the Consulate's answer is; "he's in AP," as if we didn't know that. Do you think that asking my Senator to ask the Consulate WHY I'm in AP would force the Consulate to look into my case to answer the WHY part. Perhaps then they will realise that I'm in AP for literally no reason? What else can I do here to exhaust all other options/possibilities before a lawsuit!?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@ice-qube and @redie

They both have waited way too long for this

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi @Tony Nikolovski.  I have read that they can't give that information to even the Senators, as they classify AP and DS-5535 as matters of National Security.  Have you looked into if you qualify for any of the Adjudication Expedite categories? https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

Senator Elizabeth Warren's office is filing ours today (fingers crossed it will make a difference) with the USCIS, who then reviews and forwards to the Montreal Consulate based on Urgent Humanitarian Reasons, due to the fact my fiancee's mother is dying and needs us to be there to care for her and arrange long term care, etc.  My Fiancee, the petitioner lives here in Canada with me and our daughter on a Canadian PR.  

Perhaps there is something in there that you could qualify for?  I was also reading about filing waivers for Extreme Hardship - that may also be worth looking into.  https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-9-part-b-chapter-1

Timeline
6 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

@ice-qube and @redie

They both have waited way too long for this

No update on CEAC for me since Dec 29 (which was an email). The last useless copy-paste email response a couple of weeks ago, they didn't even bother updating CEAC with that.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Krisara said:

Hi @Tony Nikolovski.  I have read that they can't give that information to even the Senators, as they classify AP and DS-5535 as matters of National Security.  Have you looked into if you qualify for any of the Adjudication Expedite categories? https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

Senator Elizabeth Warren's office is filing ours today (fingers crossed it will make a difference) with the USCIS, who then reviews and forwards to the Montreal Consulate based on Urgent Humanitarian Reasons, due to the fact my fiancee's mother is dying and needs us to be there to care for her and arrange long term care, etc.  My Fiancee, the petitioner lives here in Canada with me and our daughter on a Canadian PR.  

Perhaps there is something in there that you could qualify for?  I was also reading about filing waivers for Extreme Hardship - that may also be worth looking into.  https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-9-part-b-chapter-1

Krisara, expedites and waivers for extreme hardship do not apply to administrative processing.

8 minutes ago, Krisara said:

Hello, I appreciate your message. Unfortunately, I don't think I qualify (at least not with great strength) for an expedited review. The stresses which lead to mental health is probably the best one, but I'm sure everyone has stress because of this. I've read horror stories that they don't care even if your spouse is dying (or even died), or if your wife is expecting a baby shortly, so I don't think they care about my mental stresses. I wish they would communicate more detailedly with at least their own Senators rather than simply writing more formal b.s. that they write to us.

Timeline
Just now, Krisara said:

@ice-qube they do for certain humanitarian requests.

The bar would be even higher if that is true, and you were referring to USCIS policy manual. Administrative processing in this case is a State Dept process, not even the same agency. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

No update on CEAC for me since Dec 29 (which was an email). The last useless copy-paste email response a couple of weeks ago, they didn't even bother updating CEAC with that.

ah man thats brutal.

my moms got updated three times in feb, last being feb 9. But her's got updated same day my dads was being updated and his actually got processed, so i assume it was just cause the joint file was being touched.

before february update, it was nov 24 for her.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
30 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

ah man thats brutal.

my moms got updated three times in feb, last being feb 9. But her's got updated same day my dads was being updated and his actually got processed, so i assume it was just cause the joint file was being touched.

before february update, it was nov 24 for her.

Quite honestly, I don't have much optimism about this being resolved now. My medical expires March 20, so... then will be another layer.

5 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Quite honestly, I don't have much optimism about this being resolved now. My medical expires March 20, so... then will be another layer.

This is crazy, when was your real last update ?

Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

If I am remembering correctly, I think it was December 7, or something around there.

Just now, ice-qube said:

If I am remembering correctly, I think it was December 7, or something around there.

Did you email the consulate regarding the expiry date of your medical?

47 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Waoo more than 60 without an update, this is something unbelievable, I was updated 3 days I’m a row between Jan 15 and 18 and I was thinking that maybe something big was coming, but nothing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.