ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Frankphoto said:

My wife just received the following email, twice (duplicate messages within seconds of each other)- her status remains refused but this looks promising? Can those of you who were issued verify if this is the email you received? She was given her passport back after the interview with the 221g. 

:::

A U.S. Department of State Consulate officer located in Montreal has indicated that additional documents are required for

[My Wife's name]

Please log into your user account at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv/account and follow the system instructions to generate instructions on how to send Visa application documents to the U.S. consulate.

Processor comments

Dear Applicant,

Our review of the case confirms that we require the following document:

1. Valid passport

If you wish to proceed with your immigration to the United States, please submit your document via courier, per the instructions available here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com. Upon our receipt and review of the new documents, we will contact you with further instructions.

If we receive no new documents from you, your visa application will remain refused per Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

If you fail to take the action requested within one year following visa denial under Section 221(g), the Section 203(g) of the INA will require termination of the petition on which your visa application was based.

Sincerely,
OP11
Consular Correspondence Unit | Immigrant Visa
U.S. Consulate General
Montreal, Canada

Best regards,

The GDIT Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

Un agent consulaire du Département d'État américain situé à Montreal a indiqué que des documents supplémentaires étaient nécessaires pour

[My Wife's name]

Veuillez vous connecter à votre compte d'utilisateur sur https://ais.usvisa-info.com/fr-ca/iv/account et suivez les instructions du système pour consulter les instructions sur la façon d'envoyer des documents de demande de visa au consulat des États-Unis.

Processor comments

Dear Applicant,

Our review of the case confirms that we require the following document:

1. Valid passport

If you wish to proceed with your immigration to the United States, please submit your document via courier, per the instructions available here: https://ais.usvisa-info.com. Upon our receipt and review of the new documents, we will contact you with further instructions.

If we receive no new documents from you, your visa application will remain refused per Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).

If you fail to take the action requested within one year following visa denial under Section 221(g), the Section 203(g) of the INA will require termination of the petition on which your visa application was based.

Sincerely,
OP11
Consular Correspondence Unit | Immigrant Visa
U.S. Consulate General
Montreal, Canada

Cordialement,

L'équipe rendez-vous visa et service d'information de GDIT

Congratulations 🎉, It looks you are ending your journey.

Consider remove you/your wife name from the  comment If possible.

Edited by Unlockable
Quoted edited post

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Loaiza13 said:

Issued!!

This morning my husband's case changed from "refused" to "ready", and a short time later, changed to "issued". That was about 8:30 this morning. I keep checking it just to make sure it hasn't changed back to refused!! We have been doing the whole long distance relationship for over 10 years....I can't believe we finally have been given the approval for him to move here!!

Here is the breakdown of our time line:

DQ - 2/2/21

Interview Letter - 10/14/21

Interview - 11/9/21 (put in AP)

Case Updates - 11/17, 11/19, 12/17, 12/23, 1/18, 2/9, 2/10

Issued - 2/10/22

May I ask if you reached out to your state rep before your husband was approved?

8 minutes ago, Redie said:

May I ask if you reached out to your state rep before your husband was approved?

No. I did not. I was going to if/when we reached 120 days. The only thing we had done was email the embassy. Could be coincidence, but I decided to email the embassy as the petitioner asking about my husband's status. Not sure if that encouraged them to look at the case, or it was just ironic timing. But maybe that's something you guys could have the people petitioning you try.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Loaiza13 said:

Issued!!

This morning my husband's case changed from "refused" to "ready", and a short time later, changed to "issued". That was about 8:30 this morning. I keep checking it just to make sure it hasn't changed back to refused!! We have been doing the whole long distance relationship for over 10 years....I can't believe we finally have been given the approval for him to move here!!

Here is the breakdown of our time line:

DQ - 2/2/21

Interview Letter - 10/14/21

Interview - 11/9/21 (put in AP)

Case Updates - 11/17, 11/19, 12/17, 12/23, 1/18, 2/9, 2/10

Issued - 2/10/22

Congrats!!! I have the same interview date as your husband, so this makes me hopeful...his case was put in AP for 3 months without the DS Questionnaire? Goodness gracious. Thanks for the detailed timeline and update. So happy for you guys! Best wishes :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, Frankphoto said:

My wife just received the following email, twice (duplicate messages within seconds of each other)- her status remains refused but this looks promising? Can those of you who were issued verify if this is the email you received? She was given her passport back after the interview with the 221g. 

Wow!! Looks promising indeed, given they are asking for her passport back! Congrats on the update and thank you for sharing. Hope it turns to ready/issued, soon!

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Loaiza13 said:

No. I did not. I was going to if/when we reached 120 days. The only thing we had done was email the embassy. Could be coincidence, but I decided to email the embassy as the petitioner asking about my husband's status. Not sure if that encouraged them to look at the case, or it was just ironic timing. But maybe that's something you guys could have the people petitioning you try.

So you emailed  the  Montreal consulate on behalf of your husband correct? Did your husband email the consulate for updates on his case? Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to see what I can do to move my case along. I have reached the 100 day mark. Very happy for you and your husband! Wishing you all the best!

1 minute ago, Redie said:

So you emailed  the  Montreal consulate on behalf of your husband correct? Did your husband email the consulate for updates on his case? Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to see what I can do to move my case along. I have reached the 100 day mark. Very happy for you and your husband! Wishing you all the best!

I don't mind the questions. No need to apologize! Yes, I emailed the consulate on his behalf on Monday. Prior to that, he had emailed 3 times but got the same generic replies everyone on here has gotten. I haven't received a reply back to my email, which is why I'm wondering if it was just coincidence, or if it really did help move the case along. Either way, it didn't take much effort on my behalf, so it's worth a try to have your petitioner reach out too.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Loaiza13 said:

I don't mind the questions. No need to apologize! Yes, I emailed the consulate on his behalf on Monday. Prior to that, he had emailed 3 times but got the same generic replies everyone on here has gotten. I haven't received a reply back to my email, which is why I'm wondering if it was just coincidence, or if it really did help move the case along. Either way, it didn't take much effort on my behalf, so it's worth a try to have your petitioner reach out too.

Thanks so much!

6 hours ago, hkn1 said:

Wow!! Looks promising indeed, given they are asking for her passport back! Congrats on the update and thank you for sharing. Hope it turns to ready/issued, soon!

Thank you- we just think it's odd that there seems to be no real standard procedure here. Don't others usually see a status change on the ceac portal, and not receive this sort of email until a week or two after? And us, maybe the other way around? 

At any rate, we are trying to take it as good news, but we can't help but be suspicious!! We are currently in France together but she will return to Montreal in a week or so to submit her passport. So for those of you who need to travel while in administrative processing, if they gave you back your passport, that seems totally fine at the very least. 

6 minutes ago, Frankphoto said:

Thank you- we just think it's odd that there seems to be no real standard procedure here. Don't others usually see a status change on the ceac portal, and not receive this sort of email until a week or two after? And us, maybe the other way around? 

At any rate, we are trying to take it as good news, but we can't help but be suspicious!! We are currently in France together but she will return to Montreal in a week or so to submit her passport. So for those of you who need to travel while in administrative processing, if they gave you back your passport, that seems totally fine at the very least. 

This is the standard for people who's passport were returned at the end of the interview! We also have very little data on cases like yours (Hamlet was the only person here who sent his passport in before being issued), so not sure what the timeline is for status change/email. Your status won't change to issued until they physically have your passport. You shouldn't be suspicious!! Check out other DS threads and Facebook groups, this happens all the time :D good news is coming your way very soon.

Edited by Danii

Timeline

Congrats to you guys who got issued!!!

I have been busy packing and am crossing tonight with a Uhaul. Will update after. 

It took 2 weeks from when they received my passport to final processing and getting my tracking number. Hang in there it will come. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats for those who've made it through...now, let's get @ice-qube approved!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
5 minutes ago, mam521 said:

5 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Yes, I agree!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.