ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Tomorrow will be 105 days since submission--15 full weeks on the calendar. I won't say I have lost hope, but I am starting to wonder if I will be one of those who they just keep in AP indefinitely. That's the beauty of it. They don't actually have to deny me, they can just keep me as refused in an infinite loop.  

You ever read those stories of apostles/prophets from the tora, quran, bible? This is starting to sound like a test of patience. The upside being no locusts or raining frogs for your struggles etc. Etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@ice-qube Have you reconsidered sending a request to your senator?  We are going through the process now and you can request an expedited adjudication if you suspect USCIS error - in this case, they have your medical and they aren't doing anything about it.  It is simply taking your medical and approving your file if you were not given a DS-5535. 

There are certain categories that warrant an expedite request.  https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

We are submitting a request based on my MIL's terminal illness and they need us there to help with her care and end of life.  

Have you also looked into WOM?  

I am so sorry you are still waiting.  I fear every day that I will be where you are and it is sickening.  Our whole life has been on hold for 2 years with no end in sight.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
57 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

You ever read those stories of apostles/prophets from the tora, quran, bible? This is starting to sound like a test of patience. The upside being no locusts or raining frogs for your struggles etc. Etc.

Ya lol…just call me Job, I guess… ice-job

7 minutes ago, Krisara said:

@ice-qube Have you reconsidered sending a request to your senator?  We are going through the process now and you can request an expedited adjudication if you suspect USCIS error - in this case, they have your medical and they aren't doing anything about it.  It is simply taking your medical and approving your file if you were not given a DS-5535. 

There are certain categories that warrant an expedite request.  https://www.uscis.gov/forms/filing-guidance/how-to-make-an-expedite-request

We are submitting a request based on my MIL's terminal illness and they need us there to help with her care and end of life.  

I am so sorry you are still waiting.  I fear every day that I will be where you are and it is sickening.  Our whole life has been on hold for 2 years with no end in sight.

My police inquiry set to expire March 15, can some one refer me to the page where it says it that Canadian RCMP is valid for 2 years please. Do I have to upload to NVC again? Or send to Montreal? 
thanks

25 minutes ago, Randomwalk said:

My police inquiry set to expire March 15, can some one refer me to the page where it says it that Canadian RCMP is valid for 2 years please. Do I have to upload to NVC again? Or send to Montreal? 
thanks

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Go to the section “Police Certificate”  and  at the end “Important”.

Either way you cannot submit anything it the consulate don’t request that.

41 minutes ago, Krisara said:

Life/Death situation related with the petitioner or beneficiary give you the opportunity to apply for an expedite request but you have to express your situation to the consulate, not USCIS at least that your case still hasn’t been approved.

Timeline

They have had my passport since Oct 25th. The consulate officer made it seem like it would take a week or two when he asked if it was ok to hold onto it. Had I known almost 4 months I would still be in this position I would have asked for it back. At this point I am hoping I am close so I do not want to rock the boat, but the fact that my case has not had any update since Dec 7th does not inspire any confidence. My Medical is due to expire April 12th.  Hope and optimism slowly transforming into anger and frustration. 

Edited by deep2ca

5 minutes ago, deep2ca said:

They have had my passport since Oct 25th. The consulate officer made it seem like it would take a week or two when he asked if it was ok to hold onto it. Had I known almost 4 months I would still be in this position I would have asked for it back. At this point I am hoping I am close so I do not want to rock the boat, but the fact that my case has not had any update since Dec 7th does not inspire any confidence. My Medical is due to expire April 12th.  Hope and optimism slowly transforming into anger and frustration. 

April is far away, not a concern. They also don't update you for like a month+ after it's been approved. Hold ur head up. I don't remember my last update but the visa said it was approved sometime December 20 and I got notified Janruary 26ish. You good,

Timeline
41 minutes ago, deep2ca said:

i saw your history and noticed india travel. My mom also had india travel within the last 15 years, so i wonder if it takes longer to get security checks back from there. Although she's been a canadian citizen since 2004

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tony Nikolovski said:

When your 2-year wedding anniversary passes, should the Visa type change from CR-1 to IR-1 on the CEAC website, or, will they 'remember' to issue the IR-1. Based on how 'competent' they are with losing passports, 'accidentally' erasing case files, and taking 20 years to 'make decisions' (if ever) in some instances, do you guys think that they'll know how to issue IR-1's when a CR-1 case like mine surpasses 2 years? It still says CR-1 on my CEAC account, so I'm wondering if that will ever update or how does this go?

If they don't switch it at the time the visa is issued. WHen they go to print the card it should be switched to the 10 yr card instead of the 2. If not you would just fill out a form and have them correct it. It's a pain but not too big of a pain. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, deep2ca said:

similar situation, medical to expire on March 23, last update December 17th. Fingers crossed we will hear soon

59 minutes ago, Federico said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-5-collect-financial-evidence-and-other-supporting-documents/step-7-collect-civil-documents.html

Go to the section “Police Certificate”  and  at the end “Important”.

Either way you cannot submit anything it the consulate don’t request that.

Thank you. The RCMP police certificate says that it has one year validity. Does any here had their Canadian police expired and was asked to send to Montreal or upload to NVC please? 

17 minutes ago, Randomwalk said:

Thank you. The RCMP police certificate says that it has one year validity. Does any here had their Canadian police expired and was asked to send to Montreal or upload to NVC please? 

It has changed. Lots of discussion about it on the main Montreal Visajourney thread, check it out. People have even asked the consulate about it and it was confirmed. You can check out the FAQ linked in my signature, I link the general Montreal FAQ there too. 

Edited by Danii

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.