ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

my mom's case just got updated again, but still refused

OMG MY DADS WAS ISSUED!!!! wow i dont even wanna believe it shows issued.

HOLY! They got his results Jan 5, and it was updated Feb 3

Congratulations man!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Redie said:

Omg so happy for you all!!!

19 minutes ago, Redie said:

Hoping your mom gets her visa issued asap!! 

thank you so much! i am really hoping and praying they review your medical asap

2 minutes ago, Federico said:

Congratulations man!!

thank you!!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline

this leads me to believe that my moms DS 5535 status hasnt had any updates. Both dates her's got updated, so did my dads. So i assume since they are applied together, once he was being updated, so was she since they touched the overall case. Hopefully i am wrong

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

thank you so much! i am really hoping and praying they review your medical asap

thank you!!

Thanks so much! I appreciate that!

Timeline

my moms case was updated again today, but not sure what to make of it since i know they are likely working on my dads visa and mailing it out. So i assume its getting the update due to that.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
16 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

my moms case was updated again today, but not sure what to make of it since i know they are likely working on my dads visa and mailing it out. So i assume its getting the update due to that.

I honestly think your mom is going to be issued soon. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, BatmanFlow said:

i really hope so!

my dads status changed to "Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_information to track your courier waybill."

Hey this is amazing news. Hope your mom is through soon too!

Timeline

Tomorrow will be 105 days since submission--15 full weeks on the calendar. I won't say I have lost hope, but I am starting to wonder if I will be one of those who they just keep in AP indefinitely. That's the beauty of it. They don't actually have to deny me, they can just keep me as refused in an infinite loop.  

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Tomorrow will be 105 days since submission--15 full weeks on the calendar. I won't say I have lost hope, but I am starting to wonder if I will be one of those who they just keep in AP indefinitely. That's the beauty of it. They don't actually have to deny me, they can just keep me as refused in an infinite loop.  

Understand your frustration. We interviewed on October 14 th, told we are approved at the interview and received DS5535. No news so far. Hoping to receive it soon! Don't lose hope! It will come soon. We are getting closer to 120 days

Timeline
2 hours ago, ohmygod said:

Understand your frustration. We interviewed on October 14 th, told we are approved at the interview and received DS5535. No news so far. Hoping to receive it soon! Don't lose hope! It will come soon. We are getting closer to 120 days

It is very hard to remain positive when we all have been waiting so long but we can’t lose hope! I am praying for us all in this situation to be approved soon!  I am reaching 100 days for delayed medical. Have you had many updates on your case?

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Redie said:

It is very hard to remain positive when we all have been waiting so long but we can’t lose hope! I am praying for us all in this situation to be approved soon!  I am reaching 100 days for delayed medical. Have you had many updates on your case?

yes, one on Nov 4 and Dec 17th, none after that. 

When your 2-year wedding anniversary passes, should the Visa type change from CR-1 to IR-1 on the CEAC website, or, will they 'remember' to issue the IR-1. Based on how 'competent' they are with losing passports, 'accidentally' erasing case files, and taking 20 years to 'make decisions' (if ever) in some instances, do you guys think that they'll know how to issue IR-1's when a CR-1 case like mine surpasses 2 years? It still says CR-1 on my CEAC account, so I'm wondering if that will ever update or how does this go?

Timeline
13 hours ago, ice-qube said:

that must be heartbreaking! really hoping some glimmer of hope comes through for you and everyone who have been waiting for months now in the DS5525 and medical hell

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.