ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SeanSee said:

Hey guys, is it normal that the passport is kept in the embassy for 3 months?

If you were issued a DS5535 it looks like it’s normal for that.

1 minute ago, Federico said:

If you were issued a DS5535 it looks like it’s normal for that.

Yes I issued DS5535. 
Does it have negative impact on the process if I request to return my passport?

Also, I got one new update in CEAC after nearly 2 months. Is it a good sign?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamlet said:

You need to go to the ais website, login and print out the packing slip. That packing slip has all the information on it for when you go to Canada Post. You will need to buy an envelope, place your passport inside with the barcode from the packing slip and give the post agent the instructions on the print out specifically for them to follow. You will need to go to a main Post Office for this and not a small retail one. 

hope this helps

It helps. 

Thank you very much  !

8 minutes ago, SeanSee said:

Yes I issued DS5535. 
Does it have negative impact on the process if I request to return my passport?

Also, I got one new update in CEAC after nearly 2 months. Is it a good sign?

Nobody knows, there it’s not a clean pattern on how many updates you get before approval and I assume your processing time could increase because when they clear your case they have to request your passport, you have to send your passport back, just a few weeks more.

Edited by Federico

2 minutes ago, Federico said:

Nobody knows, there it’s not a clean pattern on how many updates you get before approval and I assume your processing time could increase because when they cleared your case they have to request your passport, you have to send your passport back, just a few weeks more.

Thank you!!

21 minutes ago, Federico said:

Can someone please tell me which information do you provided when contacted the senators/reps.

Hey! I have a section about it in the FAQ: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ugWHNDQxlNW3VL2FIqpDvD9tQYqFVb-yvhwFBKKWSwI/edit

@SeanSee Welcome to the thread. I also suggest you check out the FAQ in case you have any more questions. About the passports, as Federico said, no one really knows. However, I was on a lot of facebook groups where people requested the consulate to send them their passports and were eventually approved. Some of these people were approved faster than those who didn't ask for their passport back and sometimes they waited longer, so that's why I believe it has no effect. Do keep in mind that it may take a few business days for them to receive your passport again once they are ready to approve you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 2/1/2022 at 3:58 PM, BatmanFlow said:

ive seen a few medical approvals within the 50 day mark. Have you contacted your local rep? cause your timeline for medical review is getting ridiculous.

I know your father is still waiting  for medical approval as well. If you don’t mind me asking was it the panel physician that notified your father of the spots on his chest X-ray or was he told about it at his interview?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Redie said:

I know your father is still waiting  for medical approval as well. If you don’t mind me asking was it the panel physician that notified your father of the spots on his chest X-ray or was he told about it at his interview?

panel physician. When they did the xray, they called the next day and said that his xrays werent clear and they will setup a schedule with a immigration approved doctor to do the sputum culture test.

They had their physician exam sept 29 i believe. The appt for sputum culture didnt happen until November 5 (the physician booked it pretty fast but wait time was a month). then they said it will take two months for the results to come, so a total of three months. and we had to pay $1200 for this test out of pocket.

this is why im worried about the medical expiring, cause it will take so long to do sputum test again and more money.

really hoping and praying it doesnt get to that.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
7 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

my mom's case just got updated again, but still refused

OMG MY DADS WAS ISSUED!!!! wow i dont even wanna believe it shows issued.

HOLY! They got his results Jan 5, and it was updated Feb 3

Omg so happy for you all!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.