ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

102 days since submission, nada except the copy-paste email from Friday. I am going to have to consider what can be done with the medical that expires March 20--usually when you go to the immigration doctor they ask when your interview is. Does anyone have knowledge about how one can pre-emptively get a new medical and have it sent to the consulate instead of waiting for them to send you demand for it?

They ask you about when your interview is because they prioritize medical test based on interview date to try to make sure the result are available before interview, because  I am from another country no sure in Canada but here it’s not possible without an unexpired Interview letter. 

Really hope this can be possible for you, I prefer to paid for them again and not wait more.

Edited by Federico

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

102 days since submission, nada except the copy-paste email from Friday. I am going to have to consider what can be done with the medical that expires March 20--usually when you go to the immigration doctor they ask when your interview is. Does anyone have knowledge about how one can pre-emptively get a new medical and have it sent to the consulate instead of waiting for them to send you demand for it?

Have you tried to explain to the consulate your medical is soon to expire?  When asking a specific question they should at least answer your question instead of the usual copy and paste we all get.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Redie said:

Have you tried to explain to the consulate your medical is soon to expire?  When asking a specific question they should at least answer your question instead of the usual copy and paste we all get.

Lol, it was literally part of the subject line that I used: MEDICAL EXPIRING IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS

21 minutes ago, Federico said:

They ask you about when your interview is because they prioritize medical test based on interview date to try to make sure the result are available before interview, because  I am from another country no sure in Canada but here it’s not possible without an unexpired Interview letter. 

Really hope this can be possible for you, I prefer to paid for them again and not wait more.

Ya man this is ridiculous. I don't want to wait for them, I want to submit a new medical so they can't say "we need you to go get a medical and then you wait again more for us to review it"

Timeline
Just now, ice-qube said:

Lol, it was literally part of the subject line that I used: MEDICAL EXPIRING IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS

That is so infuriating! I cannot believe how incompetent they are. I understand they are overwhelmed  with so much paperwork due to covid shut downs etc… but at least can they not answer a direct question!!!! My god you have been waiting 102 days! 

Timeline
Just now, Redie said:

That is so infuriating! I cannot believe how incompetent they are. I understand they are overwhelmed  with so much paperwork due to covid shut downs etc… but at least can they not answer a direct question!!!! My god you have been waiting 102 days! 

It becomes an enormous burden. I am from Canada, not some country where information is untrustworthy and hard to acquire. I think more than enough time has passed for this. And I just got word back from the immigration doctor, can you believe: you cannot do an immigration medical preemptively, the consulate will have to ask them!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

It becomes an enormous burden. I am from Canada, not some country where information is untrustworthy and hard to acquire. I think more than enough time has passed for this. And I just got word back from the immigration doctor, can you believe: you cannot do an immigration medical preemptively, the consulate will have to ask them!

I totally understand your frustration. I have been waiting over 90 days for delayed medical. Your  life is pretty much put on hold because you are at the mercy of the consulate. It is just so unfair! 

7 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Just in case if some of you have your wife in the US or beneficiary is pregnant could apply for and emergency check.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Federico said:

Just in case if some of you have your wife in the US or beneficiary is pregnant could apply for and emergency check.

I don't think there is anything you can do as far as that in administrative processing. It is unbelievable that I cannot do a pre-emptive medical.

10 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I don't think there is anything you can do as far as that in administrative processing. It is unbelievable that I cannot do a pre-emptive medical.

What do you think about contacting Senator/Rep again, I am starting to consider it even when I have seen you all have received the same response, thinking about re-do a medical and wait again it’s hard I don’t want to face that.

Edited by Federico

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 1/13/2022 at 12:27 PM, Hamlet said:

I got a response from OP03 just now. Their asking me to send my passport back. Hopefully this is good. 

C321DD6B-93A3-41FA-9AE1-B823EC28E4BA.thumb.jpeg.b926fbf260a7da61ccdf3531750f70f3.jpeg

Hi, Hamlet, could you please show me how to drop off the passport in the Toronto courier facility ? today I ask my son to go to one of the site to deliver the passport to consulate  I already selected, but the staff ask him to provide a number , we are lost what kind number it is ? could you please tell me the details how to send the passport to the consulate Montreal ?

thank you very much !

Timeline
49 minutes ago, wa1756 said:

Hi, Hamlet, could you please show me how to drop off the passport in the Toronto courier facility ? today I ask my son to go to one of the site to deliver the passport to consulate  I already selected, but the staff ask him to provide a number , we are lost what kind number it is ? could you please tell me the details how to send the passport to the consulate Montreal ?

thank you very much !

You need to go to the ais website, login and print out the packing slip. That packing slip has all the information on it for when you go to Canada Post. You will need to buy an envelope, place your passport inside with the barcode from the packing slip and give the post agent the instructions on the print out specifically for them to follow. You will need to go to a main Post Office for this and not a small retail one. 

hope this helps

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, DS5535 said:

So stupid. You have to remove the last 2 digits of your "DOS" number. What a waste of time.

What is DOS number? Is it our case #? For eg. It starts with MTL for all the Montreal Consulate applications?

1 hour ago, DS5535 said:

So stupid. You have to remove the last 2 digits of your "DOS" number. What a waste of time.

Alien number is printed in your visa, it’s not the same that your case number or I am wrong ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.