ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

wow that medical approval was FAST. so clearly there is no rhyme and reason to how they review the medicals

I am thinking that maybe each CO is responsible for complete each AP, in that case your wait time will depend and how many 221g your CO issues.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Outwest99 said:

For those of you that have received your passports back, did they give you a timeline to leave the country? We’re in Canada.

Your visa will have an expiry date that is 6-months from the date of your medical exam.  You must cross and activate it within that time before it expires.

Timeline
1 hour ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I hope the senator can help. Perhaps when you write to them you can explain you are seeing other cases of missing médicals getting approved in a week, making you concerned your case may be neglected/ misplaced…

It really is ridiculous, especially considering they are making you wait because of your medicals were a couple of days late, yet the medicals are only valid for 6 months and if MTL won’t act on it soon you will need another one… infuriating…

@BatmanFlow yes, your parents too have waited just as long I believe. Sorry to miss mentioning you

We did mention all that in the letter  we sent. All we can do is hope that they can help. Hope is all us old timers have here ….

Timeline
1 hour ago, DS5535 said:

Okay, how can we do that?

@Danii had some very helpful directions in her FAQ, but it looks like everyone has tried even that… 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, Frankphoto said:

this honestly just depends on the mood of the border agent you are dealing with. She lucked out, but it's always a toss-up whenever my wife would come visit me. Sometimes whatever. Other times, they would treat her like a wanted criminal. 

I think the mood is dependent on what the CBP officer is compensating for in other aspects of life and lifetime failures!  Sounds bad, but usually the most challenging CBP officers are the ones lacking confidence in themselves. 

3 hours ago, DS5535 said:

Yea, I'd keep that on the DL. If  @ice-qube heard that he might jump off a bridge

I feel awful for @ice-qube.  Can the wife visit you? 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline

I’m getting ready to activate my visa this weekend. I am planning on going thru the Point Robert’s crossing as I will not require a PCR test when coming back to Canada. I am loading up a Uhaul the following weekend and driving my possessions down and then flying back to Vancouver to wind things down for 1 month and then move permanently. Will I encounter any problems doing it this way? 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

I’m getting ready to activate my visa this weekend. I am planning on going thru the Point Robert’s crossing as I will not require a PCR test when coming back to Canada. I am loading up a Uhaul the following weekend and driving my possessions down and then flying back to Vancouver to wind things down for 1 month and then move permanently. Will I encounter any problems doing it this way? 

Any reason you're activating prior to taking the Uhaul?  I'd just save a trip and do it all then.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

34 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

Not sure but I hear that could delay your green card processing.

Timeline
1 minute ago, mam521 said:

Any reason you're activating prior to taking the Uhaul?  I'd just save a trip and do it all then.  

2 minutes ago, mam521 said:

I read in another thread that it is better to endorse the visa before moving with all your belongings. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

I read in another thread that it is better to endorse the visa before moving with all your belongings. 

Nah.  You have proper immigrant intent to fulfill the requirements of an LPR if you show up with your stuff.  

We had 3 visas to activate with the Uhaul in tow. Just have your list of Uhaul contents, the paperwork for the Uhaul and your passport.  Easy peasy,

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Timeline
3 hours ago, mam521 said:

I think the mood is dependent on what the CBP officer is compensating for in other aspects of life and lifetime failures!  Sounds bad, but usually the most challenging CBP officers are the ones lacking confidence in themselves. 

I feel awful for @ice-qube.  Can the wife visit you? 

Yeah she can technically visit me. The problem is she has been very busy with her practicum and also works on the weekend, it is difficult for her to get the time off to fly here and visit at the moment. COVID messed up a lot, and still is to a degree, but now the AP problem created even bigger issue. just a couple of months ago, I believed that I would already be moving to the US to be with her around now.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, Hamlet said:

If by miracle they settle my case in the next month, I am going to have to cross over to US to immigrate and then come back soon after to settle everything. There will be no real choice, because the medical, and therefore the hypothetical immigrant visa, will expire on March 20. 

Another day ends and no CEAC updates or emails. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.