ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Frankphoto said:

this honestly just depends on the mood of the border agent you are dealing with. She lucked out, but it's always a toss-up whenever my wife would come visit me. Sometimes whatever. Other times, they would treat her like a wanted criminal. 

Yeah it still seems very risky, tbh.

6 hours ago, ice-qube said:

Yeah it still seems very risky, tbh.

I consider you should be careful because as @Frankphoto said it always depends on officer mod, sometimes I arrive at JFK and there is one officer who pass everyone to second check and there are others who ask a few questions and that is. Our situation combined with a misunderstanding  trying to cross could result in something catastrophic.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Federico said:

I consider you should be careful because as @Frankphoto said it always depends on officer mod, sometimes I arrive at JFK and there is one officer who pass everyone to second check and there are others who ask a few questions and that is. Our situation combined with a misunderstanding  trying to cross could result in something catastrophic.

I really do agree with you. For a moment, I felt like ah maybe who cares. But I agree. I hate this.

Timeline

Hello,

wondering if someone can provide me with some insight. 

my visa was initially refused due to a late medical. My medical arrive to the consulate last week. My CEAC still said refused. But today it’s issued with a message below that’s it’s in AP. 

Any idea how long it takes to get your visa after it moves to issued (AP)?

30 minutes ago, Sarpor4 said:

Hello,

my visa was initially refused due to a late medical. My medical arrive to the consulate last week. My CEAC still said refused. But today it’s issued with a message below that’s it’s in AP. 

Congratulations. It goes to final AP tomorrow with an email following that about ur passport being mailed back to ur previously indicated address.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

Congratulations. It goes to final AP tomorrow with an email following that about ur passport being mailed back to ur previously indicated address.

Yay!! With all the scary experiences of late medicals I’ve been reading I was so nervous! I only waited a week! 

1 hour ago, Sarpor4 said:

Hello,

Congratulations!

Timeline

I honestly can’t understand what’s going on with @ice-qube @Redie and @deep2ca’s files….

Has Montreal put them on some high up shelf and forgotten about them?!!

Have any of you got your senators/ congressperson involved?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, DS5535 said:

Yea, I'd keep that on the DL. If  @ice-qube heard that he might jump off a bridge

I actually feel like emailing on their behalf… it’s really unfair. It’s hard to be happy when some of our fellow VJers are still going through it. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

I honestly can’t understand what’s going on with @ice-qube @Redie and @deep2ca’s files….

Has Montreal put them on some high up shelf and forgotten about them?!!

Have any of you got your senators/ congressperson involved?

Thanks for acknowledging us and the long wait we are enduring!!! We did get our congressman involved in December and their office made an inquiry to the consulate. They replied with a somewhat generic response. We are now reaching out to our senator to see if they will take the case.. We have exhausted all of our resources so far and still no further than we were 90 days ago!!  I feel bad for everyone in this situation especially for those who have been waiting 80 days or more..

Timeline

wow that medical approval was FAST. so clearly there is no rhyme and reason to how they review the medicals

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Redie said:

Thanks for acknowledging us and the long wait we are enduring!!! We did get our congressman involved in December and their office made an inquiry to the consulate. They replied with a somewhat generic response. We are now reaching out to our senator to see if they will take the case.. We have exhausted all of our resources so far and still no further than we were 90 days ago!!  I feel bad for everyone in this situation especially for those who have been waiting 80 days or more..

I hope the senator can help. Perhaps when you write to them you can explain you are seeing other cases of missing médicals getting approved in a week, making you concerned your case may be neglected/ misplaced…

It really is ridiculous, especially considering they are making you wait because of your medicals were a couple of days late, yet the medicals are only valid for 6 months and if MTL won’t act on it soon you will need another one… infuriating…

@BatmanFlow yes, your parents too have waited just as long I believe. Sorry to miss mentioning you

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

2 hours ago, Sarpor4 said:

Hello,

My husband had the same situation with the medical. His tracking said “issued” yesterday and today it says “Issued” with the tracking info email. So for him, it’s took a day. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

@BatmanFlow yes, your parents too have waited just as long I believe. Sorry to miss mentioning you

ah no worries, we all feel the pain of each other inhere.

my moms DS5535 review is at 118 days

and medical for step dad is at 29 days. for him im really worried about his medical expiry. his TB xrays didn't come clean, so we had to do another test, which took a month to schedule appointment, and takes two months for results to come in, and its $1200!. so i  am really scared if medical expires, then we will have to do that again, and its a lengthy expensive process. and not sure how montreal counts the 6 months. and i asked them how to do it and they never responded to the question

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.