ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
55 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I definitely feel this frustration. Due to this bs process and COVID combining in the perfect storm, I have seen my wife all of two weeks in two years. I am not even sure how my marriage is still hanging on. 96 days and no end in sight. And as for my medical, it expires on March 20, so it is tick-tocking down to a big problem. if it has taken so long just to review your case for the medical, I am very realistically imagining what might happen if someone has to do it *again*.

I totally feel your pain! I am still here (im)patiently waiting. I try not to go on the site more than twice a day...that's my attempt at self-control lol. But seeing that you really haven't seen your wife in so long, I can confirm that you can travel to the US while in AP because that is exactly what I did! I am currently in the US with my spouse got here yesterday and I had no issues flying from Toronto. The border officer only asked me who is sponsoring who and I said my husband is sponsoring me and I am just waiting for the process to finish and that was that. I was nervous and I know it was a huge gamble but I haven't seen my spouse for almost a year and this AP process is unethical so I thought to try to enter the US and I did! Maybe you can go and see your wife and everyone else in this blackhole can see their spouses while we still wait. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, candyg said:

I totally feel your pain! I am still here (im)patiently waiting. I try not to go on the site more than twice a day...that's my attempt at self-control lol. But seeing that you really haven't seen your wife in so long, I can confirm that you can travel to the US while in AP because that is exactly what I did! I am currently in the US with my spouse got here yesterday and I had no issues flying from Toronto. The border officer only asked me who is sponsoring who and I said my husband is sponsoring me and I am just waiting for the process to finish and that was that. I was nervous and I know it was a huge gamble but I haven't seen my spouse for almost a year and this AP process is unethical so I thought to try to enter the US and I did! Maybe you can go and see your wife and everyone else in this blackhole can see their spouses while we still wait. 

I am thinking I may do that. I don't know how much more I can wait for something that doesn't have any sign of coming.

33 minutes ago, candyg said:

Thank you so much for updating us about this!!! So happy that you were able to cross without any problems. I hope others have the same luck (always remember to carry proof of ties to Canada with you while travelling just in case!!). 

Timeline
3 hours ago, DrJanko10 said:

Got my passport back today! My clearance was received on Jan 7th 2022 (my case was updated that day).

Congratulations and thanks for sharing when you received your clearance.

It is disappointing to note that we still have to wait 3 weeks to receive our passport after we are cleared. I haven`t had a case update since December 20th. 

2 minutes ago, Moe&Yas said:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing when you received your clearance.

It is disappointing to note that we still have to wait 3 weeks to receive our passport after we are cleared. I haven`t had a case update since December 20th. 

My clearance was December 20. And I recieved it back on Jan 31

Timeline

I noticed on the CR1 facebook group that FB user VUD was approved recently and thought I would share on this thread. It looks like a large batch were approved last week. Hopefully, more this week.

FB User VUD:

Interview: Nov1,2021 (Montreal, Canada)
Nov 4,2021 - DS5535 completed and sent
Nov 8/Nov12/Nov15/Jan7/Jan13 - Case Updates
Jan 6 - Hubby (Petitioner) wrote a letter to US embassy to inquire
Jan 13 - received response saying still under AP
Jan 26 - Issued AP
Jan 27 - Issued Final Processing
Received email with tracking #

Edited by Moe&Yas

Timeline

@Danii thanks for changing the colour of my name to green on your spreadsheet!!! That feels just as good as getting my tracking number. 

Hang in there everyone, they don’t call this site Visa Journey for nothing. It’ll come. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, candyg said:

It’s good to know that we can travel to US while in AP. I would just have to ask for my passport back because the consulate has it. Did you let the border patrol officer know you were in AP or did he retrieve that info from his computer when he scanned your passport?

50 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

@Danii thanks for changing the colour of my name to green on your spreadsheet!!! That feels just as good as getting my tracking number. 

Hang in there everyone, they don’t call this site Visa Journey for nothing. It’ll come. 

LOL I'm so sorry it took me so long to do that 😂 congratulations once again, I hope your passport will be in the mail tomorrow!!! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Redie said:

It’s good to know that we can travel to US while in AP. I would just have to ask for my passport back because the consulate has it. Did you let the border patrol officer know you were in AP or did he retrieve that info from his computer when he scanned your passport?

Yeah it’s so nice. The CO gave me my passport back so I just took advantage of that. But the border officer just asked who’s sponsoring who and I said I’m heading to the States. But it wasn’t hard at all and she didn’t ask much about the AP and I don’t think I mentioned it. I just remember saying it’s in the final stage. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, candyg said:

Yeah it’s so nice. The CO gave me my passport back so I just took advantage of that. But the border officer just asked who’s sponsoring who and I said I’m heading to the States. But it wasn’t hard at all and she didn’t ask much about the AP and I don’t think I mentioned it. I just remember saying it’s in the final stage. 

36 minutes ago, candyg said:

Enjoy your visit with your spouse!

5 hours ago, candyg said:

Did they ask you for proof of marriage or anything? 

9 minutes ago, US2197 said:

this honestly just depends on the mood of the border agent you are dealing with. She lucked out, but it's always a toss-up whenever my wife would come visit me. Sometimes whatever. Other times, they would treat her like a wanted criminal. 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, US2197 said:

Nope! I’ve been traveling to the US since we filed the spousal sponsorship application and never provided a proof of marriage. Just his name, his work and address. I’ve been asked how long we’ve been married and where we met in the past. But this time around it was super easy and I definitely lucked out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.