ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Outwest99 said:

Congrats y’all! 

Hubby’s case was updated to issued. Does that mean his passport will be sent soon? 

Congratulations, Yes, your journey is almost completed, could you please share your timeline?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, ice-qube said:

95 days since submission here... anything? Just a sign... please. No updates, no nothing. 

Stay strong!! Hoping you're next to hear good news. I am also waiting on replies to emails, but to no avail. We got this!! 

Timeline

Congrats y’all! 

Hubby’s case was updated to issued. Does that mean his passport will be sent soon? 

Congrats y’all! 

Congratulations!! Yes it does. Can you tell me how many updates he had and if you contacted a state rep?

12 minutes ago, Federico said:

Congratulations, Yes, your journey is almost completed, could you please share your timeline?

9 minutes ago, Redie said:

Congratulations!! Yes it does. Can you tell me how many updates he had and if you contacted a state rep?

I’m just the wife so this is all I know: 

IR-1 spousal visa (I’m the American! Hubs is Canadian).  

-December 10 interview.  He completed his medical two days prior but consulate had not received it, thus he was issued a refusal and placed in AP. They kept his passport. 

-His Caec tracking stated refused until yesterday. So Jan 31 it was updated to “Ready” 

-Feb 1, updates to “issued” 

No email from consulate yet. So 53 days total since interview. 

Edited by Outwest99

Timeline
1 minute ago, Outwest99 said:

I’m just the wife so this is all I know: 

IR-1 spousal visa (I’m the American! Hubs is Canadian).  

-December 10. He completed his medical two days prior but consulate had not received it, thus he was issued a refusal and placed in AP. They kept his passport. 

-His Caec tracking stated refused until yesterday. So Jan 31 it was updated to “Ready” 

-Feb 1, updates to “issued” 

No email from consulate yet. So 53 days total since interview. 

Thank you.

Question for anyone who can answer. Is it the consular officer that interviewed you responsible for reviewing your case once you are put in AP?

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Redie said:

Thank you.

Question for anyone who can answer. Is it the consular officer that interviewed you responsible for reviewing your case once you are put in AP?

ive seen a few medical approvals within the 50 day mark. Have you contacted your local rep? cause your timeline for medical review is getting ridiculous.

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
1 minute ago, BatmanFlow said:

ive seen a few medical approvals within the 50 day mark. Have you contacted your local rep? cause your timeline for medical review is getting ridiculous.

It is ridiculous. We did contact our congressman  and their office received the usual generic response back on December 20th stating that it’s under review blah blah blah….We also contacted our senator but they would not take case until 90 days in AP which I am at right now. So we will be reaching out to his office tomorrow. I am so fed up with this and I feel for all of you who have been waiting for so long to be reunited with your family. The only thing I had missing was my medical. Nothing else! I am a retired wife/mother/grandmother who desperately wants to be with her family like the rest of you that are stuck in this horrible AP. Sorry but I just needed to vent!! This has caused so much emotional stress!!!

2 minutes ago, Redie said:

It is ridiculous. We did contact our congressman  and their office received the usual generic response back on December 20th stating that it’s under review blah blah blah….We also contacted our senator but they would not take case until 90 days in AP which I am at right now. So we will be reaching out to his office tomorrow. I am so fed up with this and I feel for all of you who have been waiting for so long to be reunited with your family. The only thing I had missing was my medical. Nothing else! I am a retired wife/mother/grandmother who desperately wants to be with her family like the rest of you that are stuck in this horrible AP. Sorry but I just needed to vent!! This has caused so much emotional stress!!!

As gal who has been separated from her own mother for half a decade, with two small children, I so feel for you.! I wish I lived close to family, especially my mother, which was the reason we decided to immigrate back to the US. It’s hard being with Littles and not having my mother here to see them grow! I’m praying for you and for your case to pick up swiftly! Mothers make the world go round. Your family needs you! 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Redie said:

totally feel your pain. i want my parents to be here with my already, and i know they desperately want to come here and live with us. very demoralizing

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Redie said:

I definitely feel this frustration. Due to this bs process and COVID combining in the perfect storm, I have seen my wife all of two weeks in two years. I am not even sure how my marriage is still hanging on. 96 days and no end in sight. And as for my medical, it expires on March 20, so it is tick-tocking down to a big problem. if it has taken so long just to review your case for the medical, I am very realistically imagining what might happen if someone has to do it *again*.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Outwest99 said:

As gal who has been separated from her own mother for half a decade, with two small children, I so feel for you.! I wish I lived close to family, especially my mother, which was the reason we decided to immigrate back to the US. It’s hard being with Littles and not having my mother here to see them grow! I’m praying for you and for your case to pick up swiftly! Mothers make the world go round. Your family needs you! 

Awww thanks so much for your kind words! I know my daughter keeps telling me she needs me being a first time mom herself! I am so happy for you and your family! I can only imagine how thrilled your mother is to have you and her grandchildren close by! Best of luck to you and your family!

Timeline
11 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

totally feel your pain. i want my parents to be here with my already, and i know they desperately want to come here and live with us. very demoralizing

I know! I am praying for you and your parents that you will be reunited very very soon!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I definitely feel this frustration. Due to this bs process and COVID combining in the perfect storm, I have seen my wife all of two weeks in two years. I am not even sure how my marriage is still hanging on. 96 days and no end in sight. And as for my medical, it expires on March 20, so it is tick-tocking down to a big problem. if it has taken so long just to review your case for the medical, I am very realistically imagining what might happen if someone has to do it *again*.

I pray that your case gets resolved soon and you get back to living your life with your spouse. It is so unfair for you to be waiting so long. The worst part of this process is that we have no control over what happens. No communication whatsoever from the consulate. That is the most emotionally draining part of this process! It consumes every part of your day!

Timeline
Just now, Redie said:

I pray that your case gets resolved soon and you get back to living your life with your spouse. It is so unfair for you to be waiting so long. The worst part of this process is that we have no control over what happens. No communication whatsoever from the consulate. That is the most emotionally draining part of this process! It consumes every part of your day!

You know, I actually wasn't always like this, I was fairly patient (in comparison) in earlier parts of the process. But then going into AP and it being after 2.5 years, I have become one of these people checking the CEAC 5x a day, hoping to see something, just any change at all. Nada. And yeah, they don't communicate. I emailed on Jan 10 and once more on Jan 26, and they have ignored both. That's just frustrating as hell. I hope we are all going to be let out of this AP purgatory in the coming days. I am just so tired of it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.