ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Redie said:

Well I am right there with you!  I am going to be the last woman standing!  Very happy for everyone that got approved yesterday. Remaining optimistic that the rest of us will get good news soon!

Let's keep hoping

On 10/25/2021 at 2:50 PM, ice-qube said:

I was born in Canada and both my parents were, as well. Education, I don’t know, maybe they will ask me for some documentation? I didn’t claim anything like i have a masters or PhD or a medical degree or something. They told me they will be sending out a questionnaire or something like this that I should send back to them, but not any hint about what its content might be.

The questions are usually this. 
list of every country you lived last 15 years. 
list of names, dates of birth for any brothers sisters children spouses. 
a list of every address you lived last 15 years. 
a list of every phone number and email you used in 15 years. 
a list of all prior passport numbers and country of issuance. 
a list of all employers over 15 years and unemployment periods. 
A list of all public media sites you’ve been on in the last 5 years. (Facebook, twitter, Snapchat) 

On 10/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, ice-qube said:

Sounds very very similar to what happened to me. The piece of paper that indicates it is refused under 221(g) really says nothing about why that would be. It's very disappointing and also a bit worrying--I am starting to go batty trying to identify a reason why my case would possibly raise a red flag. Everyone thinks their own case is straightforward, I realize, but I think in my case there are none of the characteristics or history that I would typically understand as triggering red flags.   It is infuriating. I would like to have been informed as to the general reasoning behind the denial, but all i was able to get was a pro forma statement about following protocol.

Mine as well went for interview a couple days ago in Montreal but I was issued a 221g and underneath it says medical exam results. My medical was not delivered yet. They did take my passport though and told me about 2 weeks for visa that everything looked good and tbh with this whole process I was expecting the worst. It’s just been all a nightmare. 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Shaunah11 said:

Mine as well went for interview a couple days ago in Montreal but I was issued a 221g and underneath it says medical exam results. My medical was not delivered yet. They did take my passport though and told me about 2 weeks for visa that everything looked good and tbh with this whole process I was expecting the worst. It’s just been all a nightmare. 

At least they took your passport... when they handed me back the passport I was like, "Well, this isn't good"

Timeline
1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

At least they took your passport... when they handed me back the passport I was like, "Well, this isn't good"

I feel ya @ice-qube, they returned my passport too and I had the same dreadful feeling. Congrats @DrJanko10 and @DS5535!! May I ask if the consulate kept your passports the whole time, or did you just mail your passports back to them? 

40 minutes ago, hkn1 said:

I feel ya @ice-qube, they returned my passport too and I had the same dreadful feeling. Congrats @DrJanko10 and @DS5535!! May I ask if the consulate kept your passports the whole time, or did you just mail your passports back to them? 

I insisted they keep it. Thought it might help plus I wasn't expecting nearly 3 months...

8 hours ago, hkn1 said:

I was offered the option of either taking it back or having them keep it, and I told the CO without hesitation to keep it.

Timeline
3 hours ago, DrJanko10 said:

I was offered the option of either taking it back or having them keep it, and I told the CO without hesitation to keep it.

same they offered the option but we said keep it. the CO said it shouldnt take more than 2 weeks, and here we are 4 months and still waiting :)

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 hours ago, DrJanko10 said:

How soon is it expiring? If you have a couple of weeks to spare, it might be easier for you to just go to the DMV and get your respective state license, rather than wait for a new Canadian one...

Depends which state.  Some states won't hand it over unless you have proof of legal status.  Texas is one of them...it is a royal pain in the butt...

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

2 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

same they offered the option but we said keep it. the CO said it shouldnt take more than 2 weeks, and here we are 4 months and still waiting :)

2 weeks 😂, the CO told me “everything will be ready after 2 weeks”  and here I am 3 months later.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Federico said:

2 weeks 😂, the CO told me “everything will be ready after 2 weeks”  and here I am 3 months later.

yea i know right! i dont know if I should laugh or cry at this point lol

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

27 minutes ago, BatmanFlow said:

yea i know right! i dont know if I should laugh or cry at this point lol

The only thing we can do is wait, something I hate by the way. This is something really difficult but it looks like they are really doing something because my case have been updated  many times since I sent the DS.

Edited by Federico

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.