ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, CAN_PA said:

Hi! I did! I picked it up a day after receiving the tracking number.

Ok phew, I didn't see you mention it anywhere and I was thinking you were still waiting, like a whole new AP nightmare.. lol.

Timeline

Wonder if Montreal is even working. I sent an inquiry last Thursday and no response 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Montreal really needs to get better dealing with this…

Montréal is the epitome of disorganization.  There is no reason even before covid, being that they are one of the closest consulates to the US, that they be as backed up and disorganized as they are.  It's awful.  Wait times as long, if not longer, than some high fraud countries.  

That said, the people in the US are dealing with the same disorganization - extensions on green cards with NOA letters, no forward movement with AOS, Work authorizations and AP...Immigration is in a sad, sad state of disrepair!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
1 hour ago, BatmanFlow said:

Wonder if Montreal is even working. I sent an inquiry last Thursday and no response 

I sent an email already 12 days ago and no response.

12 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

I sent an email already 12 days ago and no response.

That's odd. I sent an email on Jan 12th asking for an update and they replied yesterday, with a generic response of course. But it didn't update my date, so looks like they stopped doing that.

Edited by DrJanko10

Timeline

Oh looks like I just got my generic response 

—————————

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We acknowledge receipt of your medical report. This case is currently under review with a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing. 

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete.

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

OP03

Consular Correspondence Unit | Immigrant Visa

U.S. Consulate General

Montreal, Canada

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, BatmanFlow said:

Oh looks like I just got my generic response 

—————————

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We acknowledge receipt of your medical report. This case is currently under review with a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case.

We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to facilitate legitimate travel to the U.S. Nonetheless, the Consulate in Montreal, like all U.S. Embassies and Consulates, must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive consular review and administrative processing. 

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete.

We hope that this information is helpful in replying to your inquiry.
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Regards,

OP03

Consular Correspondence Unit | Immigrant Visa

U.S. Consulate General

Montreal, Canada

I received the exact same response  on Tuesday. I am really sick of this!  What happens if there is an emergency and you need to get back to your family  in the US?

I asked them kindly for a more specific reply this time, since my case has been updated a couple times this month and maybe they had some more info to share. Their response: They removed a couple of sentences from their generic response, "We realize that these [...] consular review and AP." 

I guess they did what I asked in some sick way lol. This situation is laughable, not to mention a nightmare.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, DrJanko10 said:

I asked them kindly for a more specific reply this time, since my case has been updated a couple times this month and maybe they had some more info to share. Their response: They removed a couple of sentences from their generic response, "We realize that these [...] consular review and AP." 

I guess they did what I asked in some sick way lol. This situation is laughable, not to mention a nightmare.

It is a nightmare. It’s like just being stuck in a no man’s land with no sign of any end to it. 

Timeline

Well another week of no updates. See you all next week

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
7 hours ago, Redie said:

I received the exact same response  on Tuesday. I am really sick of this!  What happens if there is an emergency and you need to get back to your family  in the US?

The sad part about my reply is that I actually asked a question about when medical expires. When they receive it or when it’s done initially. 
they didn’t even bother reading the question and gave a canned response that didn’t even touch the main question 

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Sharma Ali said:

Dear friends, 

I wanted to share with you that my long wait is offer and I’ve received my passport back today. While I was over the moon and beyond exhilaration, I was equally commiserated for this great community and members. I wanted all of us to be cleared around the same time. But am sure you’ll make it God willingly. 

I’ve ceaselessly been checking on ceac and this group since I was blessed under 5535, but tried to take a break for two days and guess what, that’s when I received a trucking number on Thursday January 20th . My clearance was received on the 19th and my visa printed on the 20th as per print on the visa. I kinda think they’re understand our situation. 

Please don’t loose hope and don’t be hard on yourselves, your visas will soon be issued Inshallah. Also, please have your spouses contact their reps/senators. We did contact a senator before 8 days and kinda feel that might have reminded them about our case, even though we’ve had two updates lately. 

I wanna thank each and everybody in this group for their support and encouragement for the last two years. Without this community, I don’t even know how I would be now. I would specifically would thank @Danii who brought me to this group after the cursed 5535, danii told me, we would make through this and would support each other. Thank you @Danii and @From_CAN_2_US who’s been very informative about this whole process and even prepared for the 5535 before her interview. The only time I had about this form was the moment I was handed and that’s when all hell broke loose. 

interview December 6th, 2021

Thanks 

Overjoyed to hear of your approval! Congratulations! 

I can’t imagine the blow of being handed the DS-5535. Glad you got through it. Good things await…. 😊

Yes, I hope you are right that Montreal is finally making some progress, and everyone here, some waiting so unfairly for over 3 months, gets approved soon.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sharma Ali said:

Dear friends, 

I wanted to share with you that my long wait is offer and I’ve received my passport back today. While I was over the moon and beyond exhilaration, I was equally commiserated for this great community and members. I wanted all of us to be cleared around the same time. But am sure you’ll make it God willingly. 

I’ve ceaselessly been checking on ceac and this group since I was blessed under 5535, but tried to take a break for two days and guess what, that’s when I received a trucking number on Thursday January 20th . My clearance was received on the 19th and my visa printed on the 20th as per print on the visa. I kinda think they’re understand our situation. 

Please don’t loose hope and don’t be hard on yourselves, your visas will soon be issued Inshallah. Also, please have your spouses contact their reps/senators. We did contact a senator before 8 days and kinda feel that might have reminded them about our case, even though we’ve had two updates lately. 

I wanna thank each and everybody in this group for their support and encouragement for the last two years. Without this community, I don’t even know how I would be now. I would specifically would thank @Danii who brought me to this group after the cursed 5535, danii told me, we would make through this and would support each other. Thank you @Danii and @From_CAN_2_US who’s been very informative about this whole process and even prepared for the 5535 before her interview. The only time I had about this form was the moment I was handed and that’s when all hell broke loose. 

interview December 6th, 2021

Thanks 

Congratulations!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.