ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Hamlet said:

Another day has gone by and we’re are still here. Let’s see what tomorrow has to offer. 

Yep. But wait... didn't they ask you for your passport again today? lol

48 minutes ago, Krisara said:

Here's hoping @Federico!  I don't see you on the spreadsheet.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit#gid=0

How long have you been waiting since sending in your 5535?  

Been waiting for almost 3 months, Nov 3rd 2021, I am not from Canada, for that reason I am not on the spreadsheet. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Yep. But wait... didn't they ask you for your passport again today? lol

I’m more than frustrated at this point. Sometimes I wish I’d have silence from the consulate and then a smooth approval. I’ve been through the grinder this whole time. 

47 minutes ago, ice-qube said:

Buen suerte, amigo!

Really sad to read stories like this. My heart goes out to you.

Gracias!! Really hope we all get approved, this have been difficult for us.

You commented yesterday about people asking you “why you just don’t go there”, someone asked me that and I was like ohhh I am waiting here just because I want to.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Federico said:

Gracias!! Really hope we all get approved, this have been difficult for us.

You commented yesterday about people asking you “why you just don’t go there”, someone asked me that and I was like ohhh I am waiting here just because I want to.

Lol, that is a good retort. I also find that my wife's family and friends in Miami (she is latina, by the way) tend to not get "it" from a different angle. They seem to think I wouldn't have any problem going there, because I am a "gringo" and I'm "not the one the US government cares about". Sigh.

10 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

I’m more than frustrated at this point. Sometimes I wish I’d have silence from the consulate and then a smooth approval. I’ve been through the grinder this whole time. 

The most important is that if they asked for your passport means that everything have been solved and gonna be approved soon, almost sure in some days you are going to get that visa.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Fna786 said:

My husband's case has been quite challenging as we needed a waiver. Anyhow we have been in AP since maybe July 2021. Today we received an email asking for:

1. New fingerprint based Canadian police certificate under the Privacy Act

2. New medical examination report (please bring this message to the Panel Physician)

3. Two (2) new passport photos (white background)

4. Valid passport

5. Update your DS-260 online application form

6. Affidavit of Support with joint sponsor if needed and recent taxes

I hope this is promising that the visa is finally on its way 🤞 I have been waiting for so long that my I even lost my mom recently while waiting and it was because of her I had my waiver approved 😢 

So sorry for your loss. So much time has been lost with our loved during the immigration process especially when you are in AP. Praying that this is your final hurdle and your visa is issued!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Fna786 said:

My husband's case has been quite challenging as we needed a waiver. Anyhow we have been in AP since maybe July 2021. Today we received an email asking for:

1. New fingerprint based Canadian police certificate under the Privacy Act

2. New medical examination report (please bring this message to the Panel Physician)

3. Two (2) new passport photos (white background)

4. Valid passport

5. Update your DS-260 online application form

6. Affidavit of Support with joint sponsor if needed and recent taxes

I hope this is promising that the visa is finally on its way 🤞 I have been waiting for so long that my I even lost my mom recently while waiting and it was because of her I had my waiver approved 😢 

Very sorry to hear about your mom.

Consulate asking for documents sounds positive and could be a sign they will be approving soon. Why the police certificate though? I thought it was valid for two years now. Is your police certificate older than two years?

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

Very sorry to hear about your mom.

Consulate asking for documents sounds positive and could be a sign they will be approving soon. Why the police certificate though? I thought it was valid for two years now. Is your police certificate older than two years?

Thanks  our case is really old and complicated unfortunately but I never gave up so that's why we need new police certificates. 

Edited by Fna786

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Krisara said:

I am so sorry for your loss @Fna786.  We are going through something similar with my fiancee's mother who has stage 4 terminal cancer.  We live in Canada and it isn't easy with the restrictions to visit her (especially our daughter having to isolate for 14 days upon return to Canada).  We had sent a Dr.'s letter asking for expedition earlier in the process and it was denied.  This is a horrible process when you lose time with people you shouldn't have to.  I hope you hear something back soon.

@krisara just curious how do you plan to show your intent to live in US if both of you are in canada? I'm going to have to sort that one out soon (I think)

Timeline
11 hours ago, Hamlet said:

I received a case date update today. Still shows refused. The probably opened my package. Gonna be watching CEAC status tracker like a hawk for any movement. 

Hope it goes well for you! Thanks for keeping us updated and wishing you get approved this week!!

Timeline

i had a dream that both my parents got their visa lolll. Ah man, hopefully dreams becomes reality soon. It's all ive been thinking about

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi @Fna786- that didn't seem to be an issue in our case, as the entire reason we are applying for my Fiancee visa is to relocate.  My common law partner files a US tax return and has done so for the past 11 years.  We explained that he will be taking a transfer with his current company (which is US based) - he is actually going to accept the job before my visa is approved, risky I know.  I don't know what the point of going through this process is if you don't plan to move and live in the US (as a K1), as you have to stay in the country as you work through your AOS and that takes a long time... If we didn't plan to live in the US, my K1 would expire or it would be null in void if I left the country without the proper approval. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi @Fna786- that didn't seem to be an issue in our case, as the entire reason we are applying for my Fiancee visa is to relocate.  My common law partner files a US tax return and has done so for the past 11 years.  We explained that he will be taking a transfer with his current company (which is US based) - he is actually going to accept the job before my visa is approved, risky I know.  I don't know what the point of going through this process is if you don't plan to move and live in the US (as a K1), as you have to stay in the country as you work through your AOS and that takes a long time... If we didn't plan to live in the US, my K1 would expire or it would be null in void if I left the country without the proper approval. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.