ice-qube

The dreaded DS-5535 thread for Montreal. Post here and support each other (split)

2,992 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Hamlet said:

I wonder if that’s their way of acknowledging that they received my passport 🤣

lol, they haven't even acknowledged my email of January 10. You are looking good!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

I wonder if that’s their way of acknowledging that they received my passport 🤣

You think they monitor the forum for sport and laugh about this? lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My husband's case has been quite challenging as we needed a waiver. Anyhow we have been in AP since maybe July 2021. Today we received an email asking for:

1. New fingerprint based Canadian police certificate under the Privacy Act

2. New medical examination report (please bring this message to the Panel Physician)

3. Two (2) new passport photos (white background)

4. Valid passport

5. Update your DS-260 online application form

6. Affidavit of Support with joint sponsor if needed and recent taxes

I hope this is promising that the visa is finally on its way 🤞 I have been waiting for so long that my I even lost my mom recently while waiting and it was because of her I had my waiver approved 😢 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's hoping @Federico!  I don't see you on the spreadsheet.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit#gid=0

How long have you been waiting since sending in your 5535?  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am so sorry for your loss @Fna786.  We are going through something similar with my fiancee's mother who has stage 4 terminal cancer.  We live in Canada and it isn't easy with the restrictions to visit her (especially our daughter having to isolate for 14 days upon return to Canada).  We had sent a Dr.'s letter asking for expedition earlier in the process and it was denied.  This is a horrible process when you lose time with people you shouldn't have to.  I hope you hear something back soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Krisara said:

I am so sorry for your loss @Fna786.  We are going through something similar with my fiancee's mother who has stage 4 terminal cancer.  We live in Canada and it isn't easy with the restrictions to visit her (especially our daughter having to isolate for 14 days upon return to Canada).  We had sent a Dr.'s letter asking for expedition earlier in the process and it was denied.  This is a horrible process when you lose time with people you shouldn't have to.  I hope you hear something back soon.

Mine was same boat. My mom had a reoccurence in Aug 2021 and I attached Dr's note hoping they would expedite things but apparently not and now she's gone 😪. I still have my siblings in US that I want to live near so still hoping this happens soon.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Federico said:

Updated yesterday and today, let’s hope something big it’s coming !!

Buen suerte, amigo!

1 minute ago, Fna786 said:

Mine was same boat. My mom had a reoccurence in Aug 2021 and I attached Dr's note hoping they would expedite things but apparently not and now she's gone 😪. I still have my siblings in US that I want to live near so still hoping this happens soon.

Really sad to read stories like this. My heart goes out to you.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Krisara said:

It seems that so much time has been lost. To the pandemic, to this dumb immigration process. May this end ASAP.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Krisara said:

Here's hoping @Federico!  I don't see you on the spreadsheet.  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L8T4Yp7oWm0imRrEOEES_28QicBY1DsKKvMmEGMVPd4/edit#gid=0

How long have you been waiting since sending in your 5535?  

I think @Federico isn't on the spreadsheet bc he isn't through Montreal consulate... could be wrong

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.